2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe Consumer Reviews

2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2006 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
06 GTP is piece of crap!!!!
By chuck203 on 01/24/15 23:57 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

the 1st yrs i had this car is what great, but then the flood waters opened, at 49.000miles major oil leak, had that repaired, i have replaced brakes and rotors 3 times in 2 yrs, had 2 replace tire rods and ball joints, car still shakes when u brake, passenger side headlight keeps blowing out, c d player, quit working, Gm wants 600.00 4 a new 1 & 2 top it all off transmission has went out all with less than 100.000 miles on it...I c why pontiac went Under!!!

great car for a better price
By bigmatt87 on 03/21/12 01:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

since people that dont know about cars are scared to buy pontiacs, this car is cheap. i got mine with 64k miles and ive put 3k on it. love this car. not great on gas due to gearing but i put an intake on it and it helps. love the handling. its firm but not uncomfortable. engine is amazing other then the electronic throttle...not a fan. i like my throttle cable just fine and didnt see a need for electronic. everything works great and this car is just so pretty.

I bought a lemon
By donna on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car 3/2006, brand new, and I have experienced several problems with this car. 2 years ago there was a loud noise coming from the engine and I went to the dealer on 3 occasions and eventually they fixed it. This Saturday while driving, the car just stopped with no warning, in the middle of traffic, on Crenshaw Blvd. I complained to the corporate office the 1st time about the noise and complained about it this time. I was told by the dealer that the engine was frozen and that I needed to pay for them to take the engine apart to see what was wrong. I paid for an extended warranty and smartcare, and I am still being held responsible. I did everything that I was supposed to do. Danger!

Nothing but troubles
By dre256 on 08/11/10 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice car, but had nothing but issues on it from day one. Biggest issue is the 3900, the head gasket just leaks and leaks. Dealership made it worse, GM told me to sue dealership. Had my mechanic repair head, stop leaking for 6 months and still leaks. Wasn't for the engine issue I would love this car for years. One big complaint, I feel the seats are too stiff for long rides and need several seat adjustments. But body is very nice and slick, and this car performs well 0-60 in a tad over 6 seconds. Fuel economy average is 18 city and 23 hwy. Don't know how got a 26 MPG hwy ratting, I never have hit that even with car never going over 2500 RPM from a stop.

Wish I never bought it
By mda on 06/29/10 05:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but problems with this lemon. The front made a clunking noise whenever I would make a turn, so I had it fixed under warranty. The u- joints and should arm out at 10,000 miles? Then the brakes went out. Now it is clunking whenever I make a left turn again. The paint on the radio knobs chips off. I was told and shown the rims are bent on the right side. Now the engine light comes on, reduced engine power, and TC light stays on. In the shop right now. The airbag light came on, and had to have the airbag serviced. I might as well have kept my 1994 car, and saved my pocketbook and headache. Power steering problems that arise from nowhere suddenly

Gonna miss Pontiac
By net2008 on 04/06/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car less than a month ago and I love it so far. It drives awesomely and hasn't had any problems yet. However if you research it you'll find that the power steering does go out because it's electric and it cost about $700 to fix. so I'm just waiting for mine to go . This should be recalled . but I've only owned Pontiac's and this is by far my favorite. Really fast even with the 3.5 and awesome sound insulation. Remote start is awesome and the sunroof is sweet. However the monsoon system is probably my favorite also. And the 21 mpg is wrong. I get 26 - 27 highway easily and about 24 in the city.

Great "Sporty" Car
By G6-GT-Owner on 02/18/10 20:27 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 3 months, and I am very pleased with this car. I personally spent alot of time researching and test driving different cars and this is what I settled on. A foreign alternative to this car would cost me an additional $6,000, and none of them would have pleased me like the G6 Coupe. The performance is great for it's class. Passing cars is a breeze compared to my 00 Taurus. The front seat is very comfortable and has plenty of head/leg room for my 6'0" frame. The remote start and heated seats are a MUST HAVE for this car. Granted this is not a sports car, even in the GT/GTP packages, but they definitely make for sporty, comfortable, and classy daily driver.

2006 G6
By Chupa Cabra on 12/25/09 19:37 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really give the car a lot of credit. My wife runs the hell out of that thing and I just maintain it with the standard maintenance items that I normally do. Oil change, filter, air filter, check tire pressure. Have not checked plugs yet. More than likely they are fine. I believe there are iridium in there and there is not enough miles on it to worry about it. The only thing I get a little scared about is the car likes to continue to try to start after you turn the key to the starting position. Really bizarre. I personally don't like the rear window pillars. I cannot see anything when I go to switch lanes. So take your time switching lanes. ake sure it is clear.

No wonder they stopped making pontiacs
By Brian on 12/04/09 11:43 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I brought my car to the dealership to get 4 things done. Oil change, replace windshield, fix my back seat b/c it wasn't going down, and fix my break lights. My break lights were reversed. They would always be on and when I hit the breaks they would go off. Really safe. They had my car for over a week and didn't give me a rental. When I got it back 2/4 things were done. They forgot to replace the windshield and never fixed the back seat. A couple months later, the break lights reversed again. I'm a school teacher and if 25% of my students were passing I'd be fired.

G6 is underated
By chris on 08/11/09 09:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has power good handling and comes with a sports car attitude... Ive had mine used for over a year now and i haven't had any major problems on it at all and i drive it hard. The only thing i think that gives this car a bad rap is the Pontiac logo on the front...