2006 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
great car for a better price
By bigmatt87 on 03/21/12 01:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

since people that dont know about cars are scared to buy pontiacs, this car is cheap. i got mine with 64k miles and ive put 3k on it. love this car. not great on gas due to gearing but i put an intake on it and it helps. love the handling. its firm but not uncomfortable. engine is amazing other then the electronic throttle...not a fan. i like my throttle cable just fine and didnt see a need for electronic. everything works great and this car is just so pretty.

I bought a lemon
By donna on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car 3/2006, brand new, and I have experienced several problems with this car. 2 years ago there was a loud noise coming from the engine and I went to the dealer on 3 occasions and eventually they fixed it. This Saturday while driving, the car just stopped with no warning, in the middle of traffic, on Crenshaw Blvd. I complained to the corporate office the 1st time about the noise and complained about it this time. I was told by the dealer that the engine was frozen and that I needed to pay for them to take the engine apart to see what was wrong. I paid for an extended warranty and smartcare, and I am still being held responsible. I did everything that I was supposed to do. Danger!

Nothing but troubles
By dre256 on 08/11/10 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice car, but had nothing but issues on it from day one. Biggest issue is the 3900, the head gasket just leaks and leaks. Dealership made it worse, GM told me to sue dealership. Had my mechanic repair head, stop leaking for 6 months and still leaks. Wasn't for the engine issue I would love this car for years. One big complaint, I feel the seats are too stiff for long rides and need several seat adjustments. But body is very nice and slick, and this car performs well 0-60 in a tad over 6 seconds. Fuel economy average is 18 city and 23 hwy. Don't know how got a 26 MPG hwy ratting, I never have hit that even with car never going over 2500 RPM from a stop.

No wonder they stopped making pontiacs
By Brian on 12/04/09 11:43 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I brought my car to the dealership to get 4 things done. Oil change, replace windshield, fix my back seat b/c it wasn't going down, and fix my break lights. My break lights were reversed. They would always be on and when I hit the breaks they would go off. Really safe. They had my car for over a week and didn't give me a rental. When I got it back 2/4 things were done. They forgot to replace the windshield and never fixed the back seat. A couple months later, the break lights reversed again. I'm a school teacher and if 25% of my students were passing I'd be fired.

No Help at Dealer - Under Warranty
By electrified1 on 02/08/09 10:11 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The 6 speed manual tranny is a blast to drive. Gear ratios are perfect, especially in stop and go traffic. I can make u-turns going over 25mph. The dealer has tried to fix my leaking sunroof 3 times. They have turned my brake rotors 5 times. the motor mounts make a horrible noise. power steering groans in cold weather. Airbag light just came on. I am out of warranty and now had to fix my sunroof, brakes, engine mount myself. I would call it a piece of junk but if the dealer had fixed it the first time.... it would have been the best car I have ever had.

Love this GTP
By michael on 11/26/08 09:27 AM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this car 2.5 years, ordered it to my tastes and I love it. Have not had a days worth of trouble. Love the 6 speed manual, it really goes. Decent in the snow. The heated seats are awesome in the winter. Cavernous room for my two teenage boys in the back seats and all my friends think this car looks hot. Maybe because it`s in my favorite flavor-red. Sound system is sweet, tho it could use some automatic sound leveling and a mute button, but why be picky. I am deploying to Iraq next summer and I am thinking I may sell it and get a new one, but I love the 6 speed manual that isn`t made anymore, not sure I can bring myself to let it go. Might let the wife go before the car.

2006 GTP
By as on 06/19/07 18:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car almost a year now and I have no regrets. This is my first Pontiac and I was very, very hesitant about buying it. I had problems with Ford, Dodge, Mercedes, Jeep, and Chevy in the past but none with Honda and Toyota. I test drove my G6 GTP and felt it offered the most for the buck compared to Honda andToyota. I was just worried about reliability. So far, not one defect or problem! I have aready recommended this car to a few people. Not the best car in the world but possible one of the best well rounded cars for $24,000 and 0% financing. I use it M- F for work and my '06 Vette on the weekends. Great combination for under $78,000!

Not for the meek
By frago on 06/09/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Just scored a 2006 GTP Coupe with a six speed manual trans and it is an amazing little car. Super fun to drive with power galore. Massive interior yet its still very sporty. I am 6 feet 4 and with the seat adjusted all the way back my legs are fully extended and very confortable. I have the sun roof and still have great head clearance. Very slick car.

No complaints, lovely car
By ibejeph on 04/26/07 17:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my G6 four months now and I feel I can be objective. The engine is powerful at 240 HP and can really move. It is docile enough to cruise all day though. The leather seats are comfortable and firm. Plenty of leg room but I'm 5'8 and sometimes I hit my head on the ceiling, messing up my spiky hair. The ride is sporty but not bumpy. The fuel economy isn't great but my lead foot might have something to do with that. The sunroof, horsepower and 8 speaker stereo make it a fun car to drive. My girlfriend telling me to slow down, not so much. The body style is a love child between a 300Z and Solara. The grille is Pontiac but thankfully, no ugly body panels!

Be Different
By Fred on 01/09/07 12:03 PM (PST)

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I selected this vehicle because it is like no other. Just about everyone drives a Mustang, if they want a sports coupe but I like to be different and this is just what this car offers. Combine this with more space for th driver and passengers and there is no comparison. Great Car fun to drive and well worth the investment.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.