Used 2006 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Most Helpful|
2006 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl
By tb24336

2006 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My car leaks all the time. I had to replace new front brakes and front roators already twice. I have own the car less than 2 years!! When I turn my left wheel it makes a odd clicking noise. Also, when putting the car in reverse. The shifter gets stuck!!

Favorite Features

Car drives okay. Has good pick up speed!!

Suggested Improvements

Don't make gm cars if there going to be built like junk.

Great car
By rockchick

2006 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my G6 for about 3 years with about 32,00 miles on it. I have about 99,000 miles on it now. I've had a few minor issues but nothing major and nothing compared to the issues described in a lot of the reviews. I love my car, it drives great, handles great and sounds amazing!

Favorite Features

Sun-roof, sound system and the overall way that it looks

Suggested Improvements

While I haven't had anything major go wrong with my car, the minor issues I've had has been with the radio. I have the 6-disc cd player, it's been replaced once about a year and a half ago and now isn't working again so instead of paying $400 to have the same radio put in I'm going to get an after market radio, but bc all the car info is on the radio screen I need to spend an extra $180 to get an in dash kit to be able to have all of my car info (gas mileage, oil life, miles, etc)

Plan on Spending Time in the Shop
By Total Junk

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Shortly after purchasing this vehicle 20k miles I noticed a spring sound coming from the front passenger wheel. Turned out to be a strut problem. 30k miles replaced the driver's side strut and then had to replace the entire front suspension. Now at 52k it is doing it all again. The interior door molding is pulling away from the door. Now I also think the the bearings are bad in the front passenger wheel because the tire sounds like an airplane engine taking off and landing as I reduce speed. This vehicle has been nothing but problems and would not recommend a G6 or any other GM product to anyone that I valued as a friend. I've replaced my rotors at least 6 times as well.

Favorite Features

Being able to shut the daytime running lights off. The radio display functionality.

Suggested Improvements

See above!

Warning!!!!!
By jed_460

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is by far the worst car I have ever owned. At 47,000 miles i had my 2nd pair of rotors put on. At 50,000 I had struts replaced. At 70,000 my cd player went out. At 75,000 My transmission needed to be rebuilt along with the catalytic converter and all of the o2 sensors. It seems like every time I have fixed it; it breaks down again. This could just be my experience but I would not wish this on anyone. I am at about $4,000 in repairs and the car is only worth about $5,000.

Favorite Features

Gets me from point A to B...barely

Suggested Improvements

You name it...

No Cash 4 This Clunker
By NoCash4ThisClunker

2006 Pontiac G6 GT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 Pontiac G6 brand new with only 7 miles. After a few months and some rain I got in my car to go to work one morning and noticed my seat belt was soaking wet (due to leaky sunroof). A couple of months after that I had a terrible vibration when turning left and come to find out my steering column was almost about to snap into! How's that 4 safety? Also having some starter issues that no one seems be able to figure out. All in all I've had the leaks fixed 5 times, brand new steering column 2 times, and I guess one day I'll get in it and it won't start from the starter issues I'm having. All of my problems started from the get go and dont look like its getting any better.BAD CAR

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

STOP MAKING PONTIACS!!!!!