Used 2006 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Pontiac G6

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

06 GTP is piece of crap!!!!
By chuck203

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

the 1st yrs i had this car is what great, but then the flood waters opened, at 49.000miles major oil leak, had that repaired, i have replaced brakes and rotors 3 times in 2 yrs, had 2 replace tire rods and ball joints, car still shakes when u brake, passenger side headlight keeps blowing out, c d player, quit working, Gm wants 600.00 4 a new 1 & 2 top it all off transmission has went out all with less than 100.000 miles on it...I c why pontiac went Under!!!

great little car
By rgebo5150

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan w/1SV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just got my G6 and so far it's a good car. Only problems I have so far is my stereo cuts out alot and it's just the front speakers that do this and the other is that if I'm going 55 mph my rpms are at 3000. Is anyone else seeing this or is it just my little 4 cylinder? That seems high and would get better gas mileage if it was lower. Would love to hear if yours is the same way.

2006 Pontiac g6 GT
By dnikole

2006 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My mother bought this car in 2008 I believe, and gave it to me about 2 years ago for better mpg. It was perfectly fine never had a problem. Then everything started to go wrong. The passenger headlight went out, the CD player stopped ejecting the CDs, the brakes squeak no matter what, I've already tried to fix it multiple times, and my power steering just recently went out almost caused me to wreck, scared the living daylights out of me. I didn't even have all these problems with my 87' IROC.

Best car yet!
By jpontiac

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was the 4th car I have owned, and I was warned always to not buy this brand because of the way pontiacs usually turn out to be, But I love my car! its by far my favorite and im pretty sure I will drive this car until it just wont go anymore! I just love the way it drives and the way it handles, also its very spacious and great to take on long trips! The people who are having many problems are victims of cars that were not maintained and to be honest the way that they drive. If you drive it easy it will last you forever :)

Favorite Features

The 6 disc cd changer is great! And also the sunroof :D 27 mpg most of the time!

Suggested Improvements

Better remotes for the doors numorous problems with it needing reprogramming.

Excellent purchase
By cbc1327

2006 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Pontiac G6 with less than 400 miles in March, 2006. This car has been my daily driver for the last 7 years. I have put over 197,000 miles on this vehicle. Of course, I have had regular routine work such as brakes and rotors. Have had a wheel bearing replaced. Very pleased with this car. Just wish it was bigger now that I have children.