2005 Pontiac G6 Consumer Review: Surprising

2005 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Surprising
By Bob on

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

One of the reasons we bought this car is because of the massive discounts GM offered. I don't understand the current trimlines, really (mine is officially called the "6-cylinder"? okay...) but I think this will all make more sense in 2006 once more models and trims appear. Anyway, this car is pretty amazing. We didn't get ABS, and I'm regretting it now, even though the standard tires handle quite well in snow and ice. The dealer had 10 G6s, but none of the base models had ABS or remote start, which was unfortunate. The electric-assist steering is a bit strange at low speeds, sometimes making the wheel light as a feather in the middle of a turn. Otherwise, I have no complaints!

Loads of driver's information available, lots of power without having a touchy gas pedal, absolutely stunning exterior design, good fit and finish, comfy front seats, excellent rear leg room, standard power locks, windows, mirrors, and fog lights, hydraulic lifts on trunk, long wheelbase, etc etc.

Tiny display on standard radio really annoying, ABS should be standard on all models, interior looks bland from the backseat, rear seats not that comfortable, powertrain is a bit dated, electric-steering is a bit twitchy, confusing wiper controls, ride is jittery at times. But I'm pretty picky. ;)