Perfect Everyday Car
By 89Stang on
2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
My old 93 Grand Prix had 130k on it and it was time for something new. I needed another car with a little kick, V6 and something I'd love driving for my daily 50 mile commute to work. I already have a sports car, so I didn't need a V8, but I wanted something w/ a little puch to it. I had good luck with my Grand Prix so I gave the G6 a look. I've had the car for about 5 months, put on 8K already on it and I love it the more I drive it. Engine creeps up on you and before you know it your doing 80 w/o breaking a sweat. Great seats, like the interior layout and info center. Sporty looking style for a 4 door. Surprisingly good room in back seat and I get 26-28 mpg with good power. Great car.
Favorite Features
Info center. Tells you everything. Decent sound system, torquey 3.5L V6. Exterior styling and cockpit feel inside. The power/gas mileage is awesome (got 29MPG and I drive in stop and go traffic opening it up to 80 when I can!) If I drove speed limit should get 30 easy.
Suggested Improvements
If you're thinking of a G6, make sure its a V6, the 4 is a dog. But I don't buy 4 cylinders so if you want something more practical it's not bad for a 4 banger. Other than that it could be a little more responsive as far as handling.