2005 Pontiac G6 Consumer Review: Perfect Everyday Car

2005 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Perfect Everyday Car
By 89Stang on

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My old 93 Grand Prix had 130k on it and it was time for something new. I needed another car with a little kick, V6 and something I'd love driving for my daily 50 mile commute to work. I already have a sports car, so I didn't need a V8, but I wanted something w/ a little puch to it. I had good luck with my Grand Prix so I gave the G6 a look. I've had the car for about 5 months, put on 8K already on it and I love it the more I drive it. Engine creeps up on you and before you know it your doing 80 w/o breaking a sweat. Great seats, like the interior layout and info center. Sporty looking style for a 4 door. Surprisingly good room in back seat and I get 26-28 mpg with good power. Great car.

Favorite Features

Info center. Tells you everything. Decent sound system, torquey 3.5L V6. Exterior styling and cockpit feel inside. The power/gas mileage is awesome (got 29MPG and I drive in stop and go traffic opening it up to 80 when I can!) If I drove speed limit should get 30 easy.

Suggested Improvements

If you're thinking of a G6, make sure its a V6, the 4 is a dog. But I don't buy 4 cylinders so if you want something more practical it's not bad for a 4 banger. Other than that it could be a little more responsive as far as handling.