No Remorse
By Scott on
2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I leased a base G6. To give some background I own a Toyota Highlander, I never thought I'd get a Pontiac, I hate their looks. The G6 looked different so I decided to take a look since I knew I could get a great deal on one compared to a Honda or Toyota. I only have 250 miles on mine but can tell you this. It handles really well and has a quiet and supple ride. It comes well equiped and like the V6. It is sporty enough for me and can handle 2 kids in car seats. It has been fine in the snow belt. My new Consumer Reports rags on this car which isn't fair. I never thought I'd defend a Pontiac but drive one and judge for yourself. I got more bang for the buck which Magazines don't consider.
Favorite Features
V6, color choices, standard all power. The information center is great. It has miles per gallon, oil life etc. The ride and handling(compared to the Prizm I was driving and even better than our Highlander). A nice blend of sportiness and comfort. Only turns 2100 rpms at 75 mph. Built in antenna
Suggested Improvements
Put the sport shift on all models. Improve interior plastics and seating. Make anti-lock breaks standard. A trunk lid liner would be nice. Look at adding a 5 speed auto if it improves performance and fuel economy.