2005 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
Never Agian
By Never Agian on 05/19/08 02:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never own a Pontiac again. After buying my Pontiac G6 it was in the shop two days later: Brakes, and seat belt not working. few more weeks and the fan motor was replaced. now I'm living with a hard start. Also the radio not being on with start of car which resets all my info in the radio. For you that don't own, one your oil life, trip mileage, temp, time, security items, set radio stations and many more things. Also had the deal check my shocks, struts and brakes again. car sounds like it will fall apart when i hit bumps in road. i know i did not buy a expensive car but come on Pontiac take pride in your cars. All this and on 38,000 miles on it now. going to buy a Ford Fusion next month.

Great car
By Brian in Dallas on 04/21/08 21:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my G6 3 years now. Purchased a fully-loaded GT with leather, panoramic roof, chrome wheels, etc. Closing in on 66k with nothing but routine maintenance. Daily driving is highway driving in Dallas rush hour 22 miles each way and average 29 mpg. Extended trips average 32 mpg as long as I stay below 70 mph. Panoramic roof is great in spring/fall.

Disappointed
By Miss49079 on 03/25/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bough my car about 5 months ago and Loved it. I researched the G6 for months before my purchase and test drove many. I owned a Grand Am GT1 previous to this that I absolutely loved. I found out one thing with this car that has sent me looking for another... it's horrible in the winter. I have never had so many issues or problems driving in the snow until I got this car. I have had one accident that could have been worse then it was due to the no T/C or ABS being on the car. I thought when purchasing that ABS was a standard feature, boy was I wrong. I am now doing what I can to trade the car in on something with a better braking system and that I feel safe driving.

4Dr GT, Great Car for Price
By Mark on 03/19/08 19:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a 19 year old male in college, my first car was a 97' Grand Am GT-had nothing but problems with, got rid of after 2 1/2 years! I was at the Pontiac dealership yet again with my Grand Am and the G6 caught my eye from the sales lot, mainly the price tag, $14,995 with only 8,720 miles Certified! I test drove it and drove it home the next day! I find it very comfortable considering I'm 6'4" even with 5 people in the car and it still has plenty of pick-up. I drive about 100 miles a day, mostly highway and average 25 mpg @ 75 mph w/ the 3.5L V6 which was the only way I would get one. It is responsive with plenty of power, a smooth, quiet ride and great handling

Used 05 Pontiac G6
By Char on 09/25/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my G6 just 3 days ago. I bought it used I might add and got a really great deal on it. Whomever owned it prior took great care of it. It looks brand new and has 26500 miles on it. I was sad to trade in my beloved Mustang, but as my kids are teens now and my son is almost 6 foot, sadly I had no choice as he was scrunched in the back seat. I also own a 96 Pontiac Sunfire with 145,000 miles on it and still kicking. So I know how good Pontiacs are. They are reliable that's why I bought the G6. It is a sharp looking sedan too and I am thus far glad I bought it, even if it was used. It's got a lot of pep for a sedan which is nice being I owned the Mustang prior. Also handles like a dream

my g-6
By wflo on 08/24/07 16:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will not buy another G-6 Pontiac, because of all the problems I have had with it! The body style allows the sand from the road to sand blast the lower parts of the car, especially the flare on the rear quarters! Had it painted at 17,000, and now at 35000, it is the same as it was! Have had the brakes worked on 3 times, and again another problem with them! Have contacted GM, and they just as much said sorry about that, we will not buy it back!They need a new design, or some type of lowers body protection! Plus a larger brake disc and pads!

Perfect Everyday Car
By 89Stang on 07/12/07 21:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My old 93 Grand Prix had 130k on it and it was time for something new. I needed another car with a little kick, V6 and something I'd love driving for my daily 50 mile commute to work. I already have a sports car, so I didn't need a V8, but I wanted something w/ a little puch to it. I had good luck with my Grand Prix so I gave the G6 a look. I've had the car for about 5 months, put on 8K already on it and I love it the more I drive it. Engine creeps up on you and before you know it your doing 80 w/o breaking a sweat. Great seats, like the interior layout and info center. Sporty looking style for a 4 door. Surprisingly good room in back seat and I get 26-28 mpg with good power. Great car.

4Dr GT Loaded w/Panoramic Roof
By DocWyeth on 06/28/07 19:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

At 6'4" I love this car. Tilt and telescoping steering wheel have come in handy. My shorter daughter loves the 6 way seat. I rarely use the air (temp has to be 90+) because it is so nice to tool down the road with the roof open. This car is the most neutral car to drive. No over or understeer. Upgrade the tires from the OEM and you have a great sports car. I don't car for the driver info center being incorporated in the radio. You can't upgrade the radio. Gas mileage is 26.3 for the life of the car and on trips to Florida we have 30mpg+ at 80mph, Wow. If you have a heavy foot at lights expect to get under 25mpg.

Great car
By ed on 06/17/07 14:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used about a month ago and smile every time I look at it. It is very fun to drive and the steering is so light you can turn it with one finger. There is enough acceleration for me and still gets in the high 20s for gas mileage. I also like how it is so quiet even at speeds above 70. I live in central Minnesota so the remote start and traction control is a great option to have. The sound system is great even for being the base system. The driver information center is a nice feature, it has avg speed, mpg, oil life, and others. The back seat is enormous even for taller people. This is a great car and if you need a sporty car that is very reliable this is it.

Best American car
By Liz on 04/17/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had mine and have no problem with it. It is the best car I have ever driven. The side mirrors and rearview mirror are needed a little more than on most cars, but if you can drive you can handle it. I would not trade this car for anything. I have had no problem with it. I drive it without abusing it. My family is constantly calling it the "show car" because I am washing it every week. I would recommend this car if you want reliability and most of all fun. We are all tall in my family and all have enough room in it. Great sound system also. Fantastic 8 speaker stereo system. Pontiac really got it together with this car. I hope they keep making it. My next car will be a G6.