Used 2005 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Great Car...At First.
By Jones

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car with only 20k miles on it and when we bought it we did not like the idea of buying another Pontiac because of our previous 1996 Pontiac Grand Am. Basically the Grand Am was just renamed and remodeled into a G6 and still had the same reliablity issues.. So far, we have had the usual Pontiac tranmission replacment, steering column replaced and still having popping issues, cd player broken, keyless entry stopped working (even after replacing battery inside the remote), power steering failing while driving, constant brake issue and rotor warping. This car is fun to drive its not all bad, but Pontiac just covered their issues with a new body style. no improvement.

remote start, performance, quiet cabin

better transmission, better brakes, fixed steering column, fixed electronic power steering, fixed cd player, and fixed keyless entry

Will never buy Pontiac again!!!!
By Kristina

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I first saw this car, I had to have it. It was sporty, roomy, and a good affordable price. Well, you get what you pay for!!! I have had to bring it in the shop several times....a ball joint and power steering column replacement, random lights bulbs go out all the time, keyless entry failed all of a sudden, belt replacement, shock replacement. I mean come on!!! The car isn't even that old. Might I add that I purchased the model with the panoramic sunroof...what a piece of crap. The noisiest ride ever. It is so loud I can barely stand it. I think it was cheaply made...looks good from the exterior, but runs like a cheap go-cart!! Thank god i bought an extended warranty

Remote start. Decent sound system. Heated seats. Interior and exterior design; really like the chrome on the dash

Better suspension. Get rid of that terrible, noisy panoramic roof. Improve on steering

I will miss this car.
By rnu

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I can't believe all the bad reviews of the G6 GT. I bought my car with 11k miles and am selling it with 61k. I have had no major problems whatsoever. I have loved this car. I am only getting rid of it because I need something bigger to haul twin babies. The G6 has been reliable, consistent, fun, and a car I have been proud to own. The gas mileage is incredible. I averaged well over 30 mpg on the highway. I only wish I could convince my husband to sell his truck so I could keep my car.

Sunroof, heated leather seats, remote start, reliability, 6 disc CD, spacious interior, sporty rear spoiler.

None.

=)
By Blair

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i think the car is great you just need to take car of it and not beat it up! i have hed it for 46,000 miles and it runs like brand new and still looks great.. and knock on wood has never been in the shop for anything but rutien oil changes

everything!

cd player that plays all burned cds not just the ones that it feels like ahahahaha

2005 Pontiac G6 4 Dr
By Waleska H

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in 2005 new. Now it has 107,230 miles. It has been a great car. Mine has the 4 panel sunroof, which I love. The 6 CD in- dash 300 Watt stereo is really nice. Mine is metallic silver, which shines like a new dime in the sunlight. The performance is great! 200 HP with plenty of torque. The gas mileage is 36-38 at 60 MPH. To and from work in traffic I receive 24-26 MPG. The car is the perfect size and has plenty of room for everything. I need to get the 100,000 mile tune-up, but it runs fine. I have only had to replace the tires and oil. I am sick that Pontiac is going to quit making this car.

Sunroof, stereo, looks, fuel economy, and dependability.

Opt for the leather interior.