Used 2005 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Not happy
By rick

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was great in the beginning, well maintained, but consistent front suspension rattling (repaired, but still exists) had to replace intake manifold, catalytic converter and now instrument panel cluster that controls gas gauge, tach etc. I called gm and the "violin" was playing. I work for gm (25 yrs.) and they do build quality products, but they forgot the most important word. "reliability." Just go to technical services bulletins and you will find all the problems. I've had too many problems that shouldn't be. Come on gm, listen to us or you'll lose me and others to you know who!

great styling, leather seats and comfort and performance

put more pressure on outsources to build more reliable parts.

Nothing but PROBLEMS
By MissLaura

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in November of 2008. One month later it was in the shop for a leak in the sunroof. I opened my car door only to find the floorboards in the front SOAKED with about an inch of water. Took the dealership two times and about two weeks with leaving my car there to find out it was the sunroof leaking. Also the lights on the dash and cd player flashed on and off and the cd player would stop working about every other week. About two months after I bought it, I started it one day and my wheel was completely locked up. I had to re start my car in order for it to be okay again but no check engine light came on. Now a year later I am having power steering and vibrating issues

Everything

Very Shaky
By Robin

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car used and had a 60 day warranty with it. When I first bought it the power steering was a little rough so they fixed that. Then I had to take it in 3 times after that because it would shake real bad on the highway. On the third time they told me my tires were wearing unevenly. I bought new ones. I've had to replace them and later had to replace them again. Now I'm on my second year and it still is shaking real bad. It is to the point I am scared of driving it. It makes a loud clunking noise in the front when I'm going around 55. I can't wait until I can afford to get rid of it. I used to love Pontiac but I'm kinda glad they don't make them anymore. I'm disappointed.

Remote start and spacious interior.

Great Car...At First.
By Jones

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car with only 20k miles on it and when we bought it we did not like the idea of buying another Pontiac because of our previous 1996 Pontiac Grand Am. Basically the Grand Am was just renamed and remodeled into a G6 and still had the same reliablity issues.. So far, we have had the usual Pontiac tranmission replacment, steering column replaced and still having popping issues, cd player broken, keyless entry stopped working (even after replacing battery inside the remote), power steering failing while driving, constant brake issue and rotor warping. This car is fun to drive its not all bad, but Pontiac just covered their issues with a new body style. no improvement.

remote start, performance, quiet cabin

better transmission, better brakes, fixed steering column, fixed electronic power steering, fixed cd player, and fixed keyless entry

Will never buy Pontiac again!!!!
By Kristina

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I first saw this car, I had to have it. It was sporty, roomy, and a good affordable price. Well, you get what you pay for!!! I have had to bring it in the shop several times....a ball joint and power steering column replacement, random lights bulbs go out all the time, keyless entry failed all of a sudden, belt replacement, shock replacement. I mean come on!!! The car isn't even that old. Might I add that I purchased the model with the panoramic sunroof...what a piece of crap. The noisiest ride ever. It is so loud I can barely stand it. I think it was cheaply made...looks good from the exterior, but runs like a cheap go-cart!! Thank god i bought an extended warranty

Remote start. Decent sound system. Heated seats. Interior and exterior design; really like the chrome on the dash

Better suspension. Get rid of that terrible, noisy panoramic roof. Improve on steering