Used 2005 Pontiac G6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G6 model:

Great First Car!
By tco_1994

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought mine in June 2010 for my first car, it had 81,600 miles on it, I've had it two months and it's been great! and I don't drive it easy, its ramped a ditch and hit a field and nothing broke at all! my only complaint is the sunroof randomly opens as it pleases, and sometimes when it start it keep turning over instead of catching, but no big deal! I'm 6'2" and i have the seat only 1/2 way back and it adjust so that my head doesn't hit the ceiling. I always get compliments on the exterior of it, and that's always nice too:)

Favorite Features

GT wheels:), 6 CD changer, lots of room, huge trunk!, cloth seats are really comfy too!

Suggested Improvements

fix the starter thing! and make the dashboard so that it doesn't creak on bumps!

Love My G6!
By G6 Fan

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my G6! I've had it for 5 years now. It's at 75,000 miles and has not had any major problems whatsoever! The styling is beautiful, both inside and out! My only minor complaints about the interior are that the leather is fading a bit on the left-side edge of the driver's seat (I must sit extra hard on that side) and some of coloring on the radio dials is starting to fade just a tad. Mechanically speaking, it's been a great car! Lately, I've had an odd sound when braking, got it fixed before brake pads were adjusted or something, but now the noise has returned. But it's apparently no cause for concern. Despite these minor flaws, though, it's been a great car and is very fun to drive!

Favorite Features

Reliability, Beautiful exterior and interior styling, 6-disc CD player, Sun roof, Auto headlights (why don't all companies make this standard equipment like GM?), Radio / dashboard display, which gives the owner lots of useful information like MPG, estimated miles 'til next refill, temperature, etc.

Suggested Improvements

None

2005 G6 GT
By sms1

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first brand new car I've ever purchased and overall I've had nothing but headaches with it. The first thing to go was the stereo wiring within the first year, which was fixed under warranty. Then at 62,000 miles the timing chain in my engine broke. Thankfully a call placed to the GM customer center got my engine replaced for free even though the original warranty had expired. Last year I received a safety recall on it for brake light & cruise control issues, had that fixed and now a year later, I'm experiencing the same issues again with the brake lights. The only reason I've kept it this long is that the engine now is pretty new and it's almost paid for.

Favorite Features

It is a really fun car to drive, especially on a nice day with the panoramic moon roof all the way open.

New Car
By Sam

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car brand new with 12 miles on it, then we had to take it to the dealership twice with a problem of power steering going out, when we told them the doors leaked, they told us they could not help that, it was a problem that would take time due to not having parts. Within the next couple of weeks she got a letter in the mail that said an ignition starter had to be replaced. The car is still a pain in the butt, when it's raining the top lights leak the doors leak into the floor board, and currently I'm in the market for a new car because, i went to the dealership for the same power steering problem, and now the ABS box is fried. Do not purchase one. Worst decision we made!

Favorite Features

radio and features, design, leather, moonroof, auto start,

Suggested Improvements

brakes, leak problems, other technical issues

Love/Hate Relationship
By I'm Indifferent

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with about 48,000 and am now at 118,000. I have had no major issues with this car. There are certain things that annoy me though. Occasionally if I insert the key and start the car right away it stalls. I call the dealership and they said that was "normal." As a result of that I have adapted to turning the key to ACC and letting the car "prepare" for a few seconds and then starting the car. Also the Cd changer reads "Cd changer error" at random times. If you need new brakes get them fast. Otherwise it feels as though the car can't support it's own weight! Other than that I have greatly enjoyed this car. I have taken many successful road trips and always get looks....

Favorite Features

Head turner, Remote Start, Interior Look and Design.

Suggested Improvements

Braking, Cd changer errors, and false car starts...