2005 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G6 model:
=)
By Blair on 11/04/09 03:12 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i think the car is great you just need to take car of it and not beat it up! i have hed it for 46,000 miles and it runs like brand new and still looks great.. and knock on wood has never been in the shop for anything but rutien oil changes

2005 Pontiac G6 4 Dr
By Waleska H on 11/02/09 14:07 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in 2005 new. Now it has 107,230 miles. It has been a great car. Mine has the 4 panel sunroof, which I love. The 6 CD in- dash 300 Watt stereo is really nice. Mine is metallic silver, which shines like a new dime in the sunlight. The performance is great! 200 HP with plenty of torque. The gas mileage is 36-38 at 60 MPH. To and from work in traffic I receive 24-26 MPG. The car is the perfect size and has plenty of room for everything. I need to get the 100,000 mile tune-up, but it runs fine. I have only had to replace the tires and oil. I am sick that Pontiac is going to quit making this car.

Should have bought a CarFax
By Disappointed on 08/06/09 07:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Pontiac G6 almost 2 years ago & absolutely loved it. My husband is 6'9" & could fit in it nicely, loved the sporty feel of it but you can't drive fast with the windows down because of the loud humming noise. About 6 months after, we began our many trips to the dealership for new struts, squeaky driver seat and now lower control arm and ball joint on both sides & swaybar. I'm very thankful I bought an extended warranty. I have always owned GM vehicles but with the problems I've had with this car and the trouble I've had with more than one GM dealership, I will NEVER buy GM again and my grandfather and mother-in-law both retired from GM. This car was my worst purchase in my life!

Starter Car
By S.Ronson on 07/29/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven my G6 for 9 months now, and it's good and bad. It has some power, but the mileage isn't as good as the competition. The interior is poorly made, most of the buttons do not display their purposes anymore. Electrical issues for practically the whole time I've owned it.

poor
By Brenda on 07/06/09 13:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I thought this was a nice looking vehicle, loved the sporty look, but I have had nothing but problems with CD player, sunroof to replace Power Steering pump over 800$ I called GM said there was recall but would not help me with replacing power steering pump, no one would return my call and had to stay on line for a long period of time to talk to anyone.

Feeling it out
By anesbit on 07/02/09 12:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got my 2005 g6 last night. Even in this short amount of time I have noticed several things. I am no stranger to gm I had an Aztek before this car and the Aztek was a GREAT car. As far as this g6 goes I'll have to agree with many of you on several things. First being the rattle..When you go over a speed bump it sounds like my tires are going to spin off. It creaks and moans like an old house when driving. Yes, the sunroof is awesome but i just hope it won't leak and that was one of my firsts questions , I was advised that I had nothing to worry about when in fact I'm still almost certain I'll have water inside my car.

love my car
By misfitz on 05/31/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This site's reviews have really helped us find the right vehicle for us to purchase next, so I thought I would weigh in on the car we already have. I love driving the G6, it's a lot of fun and handles great. Great acceleration, turning radius, handling. The interior has way more room than it looks! We've had several guys over 6' tall ride in the backseat with plenty of room to spare. Had it almost 5 years and reliability's been great. Even with several cross-country trips, it still drives great.

Junk it
By G.Timm on 05/25/09 20:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Like most of the reviews, my G6 was bought new. It rattles, shakes so bad that I am afraid to drive it. Sun roof leaks and rattles. The interior design is very cheap. I also bought a new Grand Prix two months later, big difference. My lease expires next month and I am sure I will get boned my GMAC with them having to fix all of the broken crap that should have never failed in the first place. What a cheap piece of junk.

Very Disappointed
By drc60 on 05/17/09 05:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased our G6 in Dec. 2005 and had the brakes repaired twice under warranty. Now the front calipers are grabbing and causing rotors to overheat. Have a huge vibration problem on the exhaust when accelerating. Had the brake light come on and added brake fluid only to be told by mechanic I shouldn't have done that as it throws off the electronic sensor and they had to flush the hydraulic system out and put in measured amount of fluid to make sure it is accurate. For only 45,000 miles we have put a lot of money into service on this car. We are very disappointed with GM and will probably think twice about purchasing another GM product. They need to get their act together on quality.

Dissapointed in Pennsylvania
By Glenn Weisel on 04/12/09 21:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac G6 GT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After buying All GM vehicles for my driving career of 36 years, I am very disappointed with my G6 GT . The styling and gas mileage are great but the build quality is awful. Currently with 59000 miles I have moisture inside the headlights , A broken drivers seat, deteriorating leather , broken hood release handle , and a bicycle caused 1100.00 damage to the left front fender which now rubs on the drivers door when opening. This is a very cheaply built car. Pontiac owes us G6 owners an additional credit toward a next car. I have never seen such horrible workmanship on a GM product.