2005 Pontiac G6 Consumer Review: 2005 V6 G6

2005 Pontiac G6 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

2005 V6 G6
By Cafasco on

2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Last week, I traded in my '05 Acura RSX for a '05 v6 G6 std. sedan. It only had 2,842 miles on it. In comparing the two, I really like the G6 a whole lot better. Interior fit and finish is actually better than the Acura (I was surprised by squeaks and rattles in the RSX). Exterior F & F is close, but not quite there. I'm getting 31MPG in mixed suburban driving and 34MPG @85mph on the highway. My RSX got 33/36mpg. I have a hell of a lot more room and an AT. G6 Radio reception BLOWS away the Acura as does the sound quality (both have six speaker systems). The G6 handles well, but not as tight as the RSX, which was actually “work” to drive. G6 steering is a touch vague against the RSX.

V6 power when needed with I4 (inline 4 cylinder) fuel economy & AT! Where can you find a good looking mid-sized sedan with this kind of gas mileage? It has an excellent base stereo, handles well w/o punishment, very comfortable daily driver, and decent looking too! There is a lot value here!

The center area of the dash were the two central vents are located could use more of an upgraded textured plastic. The slick smooth stuff looks kind of cheap to me.