Used 2008 Pontiac G5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G5 model:

reliable, economical car!
By mike_sinclair

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

bought the car in august of 2007 as an 08 model I've had this car for six years now and i am amazed, this is a great little economical car great in Canadian winters never had a problem no lights ever came on only thing that i had to replace is the sway bar (links)(my fault) only because I travel on a lot of bumpy roads and dirt roads a lot of the time and about 80% of my driving is city driving barely highway kms, the car has about 200,000 kms on it again never had any problems at all no noises or service lights never hesitated to start all ways started right up like the day I bought it, and i have to admit i don't take the best care of my cars it has a couple dents(me) very reliable car!!!

Favorite Features

aux output, roomy interior,spacious trunk.

Suggested Improvements

interior quality

I LOVE my G5 GT
By Heather

2008 Pontiac G5 GT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the G5 GT! I have had mine for two years! It has been very reliable and is so much fun to drive! When I first test drove the car it was just a standard G5, I would recommend buying the GT. The handling of the car is a lot better and the performance is better as well. It comes with great stuff! The pioneer system! heated seats, remote start and its sporty looking! I get so many compliments on the car.

Favorite Features

leather/heated seats, remote start, wheels, sporty, performance and handling! Its so fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

the fan on the passenger side by the floor board makes a sound like a piece of paper is stuck. I talked to the dealership and it cant be fixed! :-(

Never buy a GM again!
By Disappointed

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is nothing but problems! I will never buy anything from GM again. It feels like every day something else is wrong with this car and then when I bring it to the dealer for service, they tell me they have it fixed yet the problem never gets resolved until five trips back to the dealer and after buying parts I didn't even need! I HATE this car! Take my advise and save your money and time, I wish I did. NEVER AGAIN!

Favorite Features

All I can say is the look/style and mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality built cars, more reliable and better customer service from both the dealership and the GM office itself. Service needs BIG improvements!

This Car Rocks
By Linda

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After reading reviews I'm starting to think people just like to complain. This car is great! I have had mine for 2 years and other than one minor repair it has been extremely reliable. It is one of the smoothest driving cars I've ever driven and everyone who drives it says the same. The interior is comfy, no noise, no rattles, not cheap. The back seat feels much larger than it looks and dips down giving more room for rear passengers. Battery is in the trunk, no big deal. You can't generally open the hood without getting to the interior either. I'm only 5'2" and the seats adjust for short drivers perfectly!

Favorite Features

Pioneer Sound System, OnStar, sporty inside and out

Suggested Improvements

Wouldn't change a thing.

Wish I could get rid of it!
By BLCurry

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My car has had many small issues, speaker went out, air vents won't turn, blinker doesn't tick anymore. The one thing that set me over the edge is that the battery is in the trunk. That is really not a problem, until you combine that with the whole anti theft thing where when your battery is unhooked or dies, your key gets stuck in the ignition. How are you supposed to get to your dead or unhooked battery that is in your trunk with the key stuck in the ignition? Seriously? Most women (and this is a woman's car) do not keep their spare on them. So, that leaves us with either climbing into the trunk or calling a popalock to open our trunk. Oh, and now the thing is on the recall list FANTASTIC!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Put the battery where it belongs and pay more attention to the small stuff. Oh and the blind spots are terrible.