2008 Pontiac G5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G5 model:
reliable, economical car!
By mike_sinclair on 07/31/13 16:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

bought the car in august of 2007 as an 08 model I've had this car for six years now and i am amazed, this is a great little economical car great in Canadian winters never had a problem no lights ever came on only thing that i had to replace is the sway bar (links)(my fault) only because I travel on a lot of bumpy roads and dirt roads a lot of the time and about 80% of my driving is city driving barely highway kms, the car has about 200,000 kms on it again never had any problems at all no noises or service lights never hesitated to start all ways started right up like the day I bought it, and i have to admit i don't take the best care of my cars it has a couple dents(me) very reliable car!!!

I LOVE my G5 GT
By Heather on 08/09/10 09:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G5 GT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the G5 GT! I have had mine for two years! It has been very reliable and is so much fun to drive! When I first test drove the car it was just a standard G5, I would recommend buying the GT. The handling of the car is a lot better and the performance is better as well. It comes with great stuff! The pioneer system! heated seats, remote start and its sporty looking! I get so many compliments on the car.

Never buy a GM again!
By Disappointed on 06/09/10 15:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is nothing but problems! I will never buy anything from GM again. It feels like every day something else is wrong with this car and then when I bring it to the dealer for service, they tell me they have it fixed yet the problem never gets resolved until five trips back to the dealer and after buying parts I didn't even need! I HATE this car! Take my advise and save your money and time, I wish I did. NEVER AGAIN!

This Car Rocks
By Linda on 05/26/10 07:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After reading reviews I'm starting to think people just like to complain. This car is great! I have had mine for 2 years and other than one minor repair it has been extremely reliable. It is one of the smoothest driving cars I've ever driven and everyone who drives it says the same. The interior is comfy, no noise, no rattles, not cheap. The back seat feels much larger than it looks and dips down giving more room for rear passengers. Battery is in the trunk, no big deal. You can't generally open the hood without getting to the interior either. I'm only 5'2" and the seats adjust for short drivers perfectly!

Wish I could get rid of it!
By BLCurry on 03/10/10 11:08 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My car has had many small issues, speaker went out, air vents won't turn, blinker doesn't tick anymore. The one thing that set me over the edge is that the battery is in the trunk. That is really not a problem, until you combine that with the whole anti theft thing where when your battery is unhooked or dies, your key gets stuck in the ignition. How are you supposed to get to your dead or unhooked battery that is in your trunk with the key stuck in the ignition? Seriously? Most women (and this is a woman's car) do not keep their spare on them. So, that leaves us with either climbing into the trunk or calling a popalock to open our trunk. Oh, and now the thing is on the recall list FANTASTIC!

I Love my G5
By LINZI on 03/04/10 15:19 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my G5 for sometime now, and have had zero problem. I travel approx 30 min from home to work, and back each day, plus i do a lot of additional traveling aside from that, so with that said i am very happy with my car.

Bad car for petite/short people
By Rachel on 02/21/10 21:48 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the car from hell if you're really short. Doors are tall & long & easily bang other doors when opened. Outside rear end/trunk of car sits up high and view is also hindered by rear seat head rests and spoiler. Interior: Poor storage - has 1 shallow console "bin" and no center cup holders. Steering wheel tilts up & to ctr. level but not down. Seats are rock hard & have no cushion or give to them. Speedometer has this silly high arch in dashboard above it that makes it hard to see if you're short. If you raise seat up high to better reach steering wheel, legs are then jacked up at ackward numbing angle making it hard to reach down to pedals.

Not a bad little car
By cam on 01/26/10 20:14 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in 08. Definately an impulse buy. The resale value is bad but that didnt bother me at first. I drove it about 55000km the first year without any major problems. Now had it for a year and a half and put 88000km on it with only oil changes every 5000k. I do 98% highway driving and it does just fine. Plus the dark blue color with 20% tint looks very sharp.

Too Many Troubles!
By WOOF on 11/02/09 20:29 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new and had for almost 2 years before finally parting ways. Decent power, styling and MPG but way too many problems. Here's the list of things it went back to the dealer for in no specific order: Power windows, power door locks, sunroof switch bezel fell off repeatedly, std tranny shifting problems repeatedly, water in headlight assy, CD/Radio replaced twice (orig, and replacement both failed), etc. etc. etc. The car did start and run every day, but I feel that the benchmark for a "new" car should be just a little bit higher than that. Wish I had researched before buying. My main reason for choosing it was the "good deal" (rebates). Sorry GM, but I'm done now. Just bought a Mazda.

Do Not Buy G5 GT!!
By MuscleMike on 10/19/09 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac G5 GT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a disappointment since the day I bought it. Bought it to save on gas, but I am still kicking myself today for trading in my 2006 GTO for this joke of a vehicle!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.