Used 2008 Pontiac G5 Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G5 model:

Strong at 155k
By Jesse B.

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this at 85k miles for $9,000 and 3 years later I'm at 155k miles running smooth with no major repairs. Only oil changes, a few new tires, tyranny flush, and 1 new battery. It feels like it will easily go past 200k miles with the same care. PROS: lots of space for a 2 door, great visibility, 30 mpg @ 80mph CONS: small opening @ trunk, big doors

Stop complaining
By Tony

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used almost 2 years ago with 50k miles. The people before me did a great job taking care of this car. I now have about 110k miles on it and it drives just as good as it did when i first got it. I like in Chicago and this car had been to Milwaukee, Indianapolis and st Louis a few times. The engine is still quiet and can barely tell the car is on sometimes. Basically anyone who knows how to take care of a vehicle shouldn't have many problems with it. 2yrs and never been to a shop or back to the dealership for anything. I'm 6'2 so my only issue is that i damn near sit in the backseat while driving and the steering wheel is the size of a Frisbee lol other than that the car runs great, has great gas mileage and reliable

reliable, economical car!
By mike_sinclair

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

bought the car in august of 2007 as an 08 model I've had this car for six years now and i am amazed, this is a great little economical car great in Canadian winters never had a problem no lights ever came on only thing that i had to replace is the sway bar (links)(my fault) only because I travel on a lot of bumpy roads and dirt roads a lot of the time and about 80% of my driving is city driving barely highway kms, the car has about 200,000 kms on it again never had any problems at all no noises or service lights never hesitated to start all ways started right up like the day I bought it, and i have to admit i don't take the best care of my cars it has a couple dents(me) very reliable car!!!

aux output, roomy interior,spacious trunk.

interior quality

I LOVE my G5 GT
By Heather

2008 Pontiac G5 GT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the G5 GT! I have had mine for two years! It has been very reliable and is so much fun to drive! When I first test drove the car it was just a standard G5, I would recommend buying the GT. The handling of the car is a lot better and the performance is better as well. It comes with great stuff! The pioneer system! heated seats, remote start and its sporty looking! I get so many compliments on the car.

leather/heated seats, remote start, wheels, sporty, performance and handling! Its so fun to drive!

the fan on the passenger side by the floor board makes a sound like a piece of paper is stuck. I talked to the dealership and it cant be fixed! :-(

Never buy a GM again!
By Disappointed

2008 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is nothing but problems! I will never buy anything from GM again. It feels like every day something else is wrong with this car and then when I bring it to the dealer for service, they tell me they have it fixed yet the problem never gets resolved until five trips back to the dealer and after buying parts I didn't even need! I HATE this car! Take my advise and save your money and time, I wish I did. NEVER AGAIN!

All I can say is the look/style and mileage.

Better quality built cars, more reliable and better customer service from both the dealership and the GM office itself. Service needs BIG improvements!