2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G5 model:
Great Little Car
By pobaldwin on 01/04/13 11:28 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Our 2007 G5 has the 2.2l and 4 speed automatic transmission. This car has about 165,000 miles on it and is still going strong. Being that we live in Michigan the suspension takes a beating, but components dont seam to wear out any faster than they will on any other car. The engine and transmission still feel strong and neither has ever had a leak. The gas mileage is fantastic, we can get about 36.5 MPG driving with the cruise set around 70 MPH with the A/C on in the summer time.

Awesome
By Kate on 06/09/10 11:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When looking to get a new car I knew that I needed something that was decent in the snow, smaller in size, appealing to the eye, and better gas mileage. I chose the Pontiac G5 because it looks great and gets me to where I need to go using very little gas.

Nothing But Trouble
By Matthew Oliver on 02/15/10 05:04 AM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Everyone in my area that has a G5 has the same trouble.My car has 40000kms and I t has been back for strut boots,linkage kits in front end twice,brake trouble which they cant seem to figure out what is causing it,heater blower motor twice,door strikers on both sides,manual transmission shifter trouble,control arm bushings,Electric motor coil(which was only fixed for a couple of days now causing trouble again)radio and signal lights come on and off on their own(no one seems to know why)overall I would recommend to stay away from it.I was told by the dealership that the G6 has the same troubles so stay away from that too.My father has a 2000 Mazda Protege brought new and never had a hitch yet.

Sorry
By Tom on 01/25/10 12:23 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My G5 has been in the shop 6 times since i bought it in December 07 with the same problem. Radio has staic rpm fluxuates, tires blown out, gas milage droped from 35 mpg to 27 mpg the first 2 months. I will never buy another GM product. I'll stick with my good dependable FORDS. Dealer still can't fix the car. They just keep reprograming it.

Nice car but bad gas mileage
By BJ on 12/08/09 16:00 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because of the price, not a bad car but the gas mileage is horrendous GM advertises 5.2ltr per 100kms I wish, I'm lucky if I get 7.4ltr per 100kms. They also state you will get 952kms per tank. I get maybe 550kms. My 3.8ltr impala is better on fuel than the g5. I will never ever buy GM again. With today's technology there's no reason why a 4 cyl engine should get less than 1000kms to a tank of gas.

Stuck with it and hate it!
By Jen on 11/28/09 19:07 PM (PST)

2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Got the sport edtion 10/07. Before the end of the year had door panel fixed (it was cracked) door handle inside was peeling, button on shifter knob and on shifter shaft both peeled,very slow acceleration,blower motor had to be fixed,speaker doesn't work in driver's door anymore,leak stain on my head liner by windshield, had to fix lower control arm bushings (after only a year), rims started peeling, center caps fell out, i am the only one ever in my car and the passenger door is cracked now, love the spoiler since i drive on the highway a lot ( it blocks the bright headlights from shining in my face)paid $18,000 and now only worth $5,000 and it is in great shape besides miles on it.

don't buy this car!!!
By david snepts on 09/15/09 21:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Stay away from this car! I've had nothing but problems with it. Steering column replaced, steering shaft replaced, right control arm bushing, a link in right stabilizer, weather stripping due to wind noise, and part of the left fender had to be glued on to the car because it wasn't fit properly...all before 18000 miles. Oh, also brakes done (rotors and pads), and was told by guy at dealership I needed new tires. I don't drive hard, and I respect the vehicle. Enough said!!!

All around good car
By tray on 08/28/09 14:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my G5 Coupe SE for two years now, and have had no problems but one small wire chaffing for my a/c. It has been an all around good car. I do wish the seats were more comfortable, on long trips especially. The trunk opening could be a bit bigger. Overall it's been a good car.

Worst Piece of Junk We've Ever Had
By C. Stewart on 08/21/09 16:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My husband drove a 1998 Ford F150 and it finally died. He wanted something economical on gas so we looked around and found a 2007 G5. WHAT A MISTAKE!!! This has got to be the most uncomfortable car I've ever sat in, especially on long drives. It shakes and rattles and so far the brakes, tires, rotors,control arm have had to be replaced. The windshield wipers are useless and the road noise is horrible. We've only had it a year. I drive a 2003 Neon with no options at all and it is a far superior car to the G5. My gas mileage is even better than the G5 Pontiac needs to go back to the drawing board with this one.

Big Mistake
By Jimbo on 08/03/09 07:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Haven't had a GM product in about 15 years, daughter needed a car for school and the price was right so i bought the G5, what a mistake, has been in the shop twice in less than a year for new rear axel and rear suspension failure covered under warranty. but i need a reliable car not a reliable warranty. Should have gotten a honda. I'm so stuck with this it's not funny.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.