Used 2007 Pontiac G5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G5 model:

Great Little Car
By pobaldwin

2007 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Our 2007 G5 has the 2.2l and 4 speed automatic transmission. This car has about 165,000 miles on it and is still going strong. Being that we live in Michigan the suspension takes a beating, but components dont seam to wear out any faster than they will on any other car. The engine and transmission still feel strong and neither has ever had a leak. The gas mileage is fantastic, we can get about 36.5 MPG driving with the cruise set around 70 MPH with the A/C on in the summer time.

Cruise Control, Remote Starter, Auxillary Audio Input (all factory installed)

The only way to turn off the traction control is to put the shifter in low gear. The traction control on this car is so sensitive that it won't go up my driveway if it is snow covered.

Awesome
By Kate

2007 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When looking to get a new car I knew that I needed something that was decent in the snow, smaller in size, appealing to the eye, and better gas mileage. I chose the Pontiac G5 because it looks great and gets me to where I need to go using very little gas.

All of the features are great but I'll list only a few of my favorites. Being deprived of cruise control in my old Ford, I really enjoy driving on the highway using the cruise. I also love the stereo system and the moon roof!

None as of now

Nothing But Trouble
By Matthew Oliver

2007 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Everyone in my area that has a G5 has the same trouble.My car has 40000kms and I t has been back for strut boots,linkage kits in front end twice,brake trouble which they cant seem to figure out what is causing it,heater blower motor twice,door strikers on both sides,manual transmission shifter trouble,control arm bushings,Electric motor coil(which was only fixed for a couple of days now causing trouble again)radio and signal lights come on and off on their own(no one seems to know why)overall I would recommend to stay away from it.I was told by the dealership that the G6 has the same troubles so stay away from that too.My father has a 2000 Mazda Protege brought new and never had a hitch yet.

Best thing about this car is the outside looks.

EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING!!!

Sorry
By Tom

2007 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My G5 has been in the shop 6 times since i bought it in December 07 with the same problem. Radio has staic rpm fluxuates, tires blown out, gas milage droped from 35 mpg to 27 mpg the first 2 months. I will never buy another GM product. I'll stick with my good dependable FORDS. Dealer still can't fix the car. They just keep reprograming it.

fun to drive when it runs right

GM needs to fix it

Nice car but bad gas mileage
By BJ

2007 Pontiac G5 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because of the price, not a bad car but the gas mileage is horrendous GM advertises 5.2ltr per 100kms I wish, I'm lucky if I get 7.4ltr per 100kms. They also state you will get 952kms per tank. I get maybe 550kms. My 3.8ltr impala is better on fuel than the g5. I will never ever buy GM again. With today's technology there's no reason why a 4 cyl engine should get less than 1000kms to a tank of gas.

Stereo system, streamline look

Better gas mileage, Better gas mileage.