Cheap unreliable car
By chente1 on
2009 Pontiac G3 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
My wife got this car new on a emergency.( Cheap and need it a car right away). Since she got it, it had problems with the electrical system. She took it to the dealer several times but they always give her excuses not to fix it, even thoug it was under guarranty. Car have 80000 miles and already need it a new tranny and radiator, which GM didn't want it to fix, even thoug it was under warranty, 100,000 miles power train.($5500.00 repair) at this point, the A/C is acting up, even thoug we took it to the dealer before the end of warranty, but they didn't want to fix it. So now we have a car with bad sensors ( four total at $150.00 a piece) plus airbag and tire sensors all acting up. Thanks GM!
Favorite Features
None
Suggested Improvements
There is not place for improvement since GM stop making Pontiac, and even thoug they told my wife she could have the asurence that they would deal with any issues, this is not been the case. At least the transmission job was cover by GM, but only after the dealer that we took the car covince theme to do so.( Not the ORIGINAL dealer that we took it). My suggestion if you have the same car, connect the transmission lines to a separate cooling system or it will be a spensive repair.
By imaginator
on 12/06/13 06:39 AM (PST)

I have this car and it has been a complete nightmare. I've had transmission and radiator problems. Within a year I've had to take the car in 3 times because the radiator leaked, hose exploded, the speedometer stopped working and the engine light went on. The front of the card squeaks bad whenever I turn or even go over a speed bump slow. It has poor suspension. Also the card shakes once it goes over 40. It's like being in a cabin of a airplane cabin. I think it has poor suspension as well as balance on the tires. This morning I noticed that the hot and cold needle isn't moving and now a "Hold" button showed up on my dash. I don't even know what the heck the "Hold" button is for. Maybe it's a warning like "Hold! Don't buy this car!" I wish the warning came sooner. Don't BUY this LEMON. RUN the other WAY!