2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Consumer Reviews 2

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
last of the great one
By Keith Feemster on 03/07/06 23:47 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car puts a smile on my face everytime i step into my garage how all the body lines go together from front to back. Performance far better then the mustang. How the car handles it self when going through corners and when you go straight and mash down on it picking up speed in no time.

love my trans am
By ramairlady on 01/29/06 09:16 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

my ram air has been really good to me, runs great, looks great, a real head turner. looks better than most cars on the road today...even those pony boys check her out. reliable, dependable and fun fun fun

"LOTB" 2K2 WS.6 A4 by Larry
By Larry on 12/22/05 00:36 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 model year is the last year for the f-bodies, therefore, I bought a 2002 Trans Am WS.6 before they become scarce. I loved the looks of Trans Ams and especially WS.6 models. This is my 4th f-body, previously owned 1988 Camaro 5SPD.[305v8], 1994 Z28-6SPD., 1995 Trans Am-6SPD., 1996 Z28-6SPD. and will say this is by far the best in looks, pure speed, handling-(275-40ZR17 wheels and tires sure help) and getting a thumbs up from other motorists. I was looking for a 6speed but got a great deal on an auto[4L60E] in arctic white that I couldn't pass up. Interior has fighter jet cockpit sensation, 500 watt monsoon audio. Got 25mpg-Greenville NC. to Erie PA. No problems as of 30k miles.

I love my WS6 vert!
By WYO_VR4 on 11/04/05 18:41 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was very happy got a great deal on my car. It's a true performance bargain and so much fun to drive. Turns heads wherever I go and gets over 30mpg in 6th gear on the highway - a nice feature these days! Cruising around with the top down this summer was awesome. It's the best car I've ever bought. I much prefer the instant torque of the LS1 to any turbocharged import. The car is easy to work on and upgrade, if desired. I'm happy with mine as it is but I did upgrade the stereo. The one in the vert is rather puny compared to the coupe's. Then again, who needs a stereo when the car sounds this good. American muscle at its finest. Highly recommended but don't forget that radar detector!

Trans Am - Best F-Body Ever Made!
By zoomer2k2 on 11/03/05 07:43 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my 2002 WS.6 Trans Am. I am a previous owner of a 1989 Trans Am GTA and loved that one too. The 2002 is even better though. In a world full of me-too cars like the Mustang and cars that all look like they came from the same mold, the Trans Am stood out as being different, bold, and aggressive, more than even it's own sibbling the Camaro. Every magazine always pits Mustang vs. Camaro when it talks about muscle cars but that's just PR work. It was the Trans Am that made muscle cars. think screaming chicken, smokey & the Bandit, or Knight Rider. GM did nothing to help the Fbody compete, they died not from abandonment by consumbers but by neglect from their parent, thanks GM

I got a lemon!!!
By jmd on 10/28/05 19:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my car new and have had problems since the third month of ownership. Battery was leaking acid after a few months of ownership. Continuous electrical issues; I had the engine compartment fuel box replaced, I'm always replacing fuses. Calalytic converter has been replaced after few months of ownership...is broken again. Was getting 19/29m/p/g now gets 8 m/p/g. Engine noises, nocking noises, fuel intake issues; the interior door panel split. Poor support from Pontiac/GM. I have a stack of services/repair invoices over an inch thick. It's sad because it was my dream car.

My awesome WS6 Trans-Am
By chris lentz on 09/29/05 18:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I had a lot fun with this car, handling is great, takes hills like nothing, great on turns, good sound system, good show car, all around it was a really good car. The t-top was also a lot of fun because it kept me cool when it was really hot out. A really good pick up chick car.

The Best Car Every made by "GM"
By Steve Jackson on 12/30/04 14:51 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I loved this car ever since it came out. For an 8 cylinder it gets very good gas mileage as long as you don't "floor" it. It has never broken down or left me stranded. For an American muscle car, it sounds and performs very well (0-60 in 5.2 sec). The only negative thing is that on long trips the leather seats can get hot and sweaty. Other than that, the car is the most fun i've ever had driving. Make sure when you buy this car you get a stick, that's half the fun right there....you have six gears to play with.

The best muscle out there ...
By John G. on 12/04/04 11:21 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My car is actually a 2002 Trans Am Firehawk. I'm in my 20s and wanted a T/A all my life; lives up to all the years of dreaming. The car corners on a dime. Acceleration is smooth and quick. Great exhaust note. The interior doesn't live up to the exterior, however. Not horrible, but you'd expect more from a car that was top of the fleet for Pontiac when it was out. When Pontiac makes this car again (and they will, only a matter of time) they should improve this, along with reducing cabin noise. Trough wander is annoying at times, but that's inherent on most cars with wider wheels and tires, and only happens when driving on older, worn roads.

2002 Trans Am
By Tony M on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a blast to drive. More power than the sane mind would expect. Everyone from 5 to 85 comments on the car. This car gets 25 mpg at 80 mph in 6th gear. Last weekend I folded down the rear seat and hauled home several 4X8 sheets of plywood and 2X4s from Home Depot ... I kept it under 80 for the trip home :)