Used 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

RAM AIR
By Drum Dawg

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am a car guy who has owned over 30 different cars over the last 20 years. All I can say is WOW! This WS6 TA rules the road. I can't believe Pontiac screwed up the marketing so bad. This is an awesome ride. It is blistering fast and can hold four people. It is the closest thing to flying a jet fighter and can still get 26 MPG. I can't praise its handling enough. Mine ran a 13.10 and it is totally stock and I had never raced before. Pontaic under rated the horse power for sure!

Power, looks, ram air, and handling.

Free diapers for vette owners after you dust them from stop light to stop light!

2002 WS-6 Trans AM
By Joel

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the most fun cars to drive. 345 hp at your foot's control and did I mention, 24 mpg. Drives and rides great for a high performance sports car. Makes you feel 17 again.

Butt pinning torque, right out of the box. Great muscle car looks.

Stiffen up the body from the factory.

Best car ever
By maxdeath7

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best possible car you could ever own. The leahter interior is breathtaking and the new body kit is just the most amazing thing you could ever possibly see. The reliability is just awsome and the build quality is a guaranteed perfect 10. Oh and the performance can almost beat anything out there.

Performance, the stereo system, body kit

None

Red Bird has landed!
By MsKnightRider

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I'm an avid GM/Chevy girl. I've had an '86 Firebird for 5 yrs now but when it needed too many repairs all at once, my hubby convinced me we needed a new car. I didn't want a new one, I loved the '86. I'm so glad I gave in.I bought my Fire Engine Red Firebird WS6 pkg used w/39k miles on it and in mint condition. I couldn't believe how perfect this car was. I am a true muscle car lover and this car is awesome. Sadly I was rearended and the frame was bent so the insurance co. totaled it out. It is a very safe car but body repairs are expensive. I never got to take it to the track but next time I will! My hubby promised me another one so I am on the look out for another one, red w/ blk lthr #2.

The bright red paint and black leather interior, T-tops a must in Calif. and when you have a need for speed it will definitely satisfy your appetite. The whole enchilada is great!

Please, please, please make more! Same body style, more performance and handling features. A little more leg room in the back seat wouldn't hurt either.

Night rider
By Edawg

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I had a GTA years ago and had to get back to a sports car. So I chose what I had before. My WS6 is by far the most powerful car I've ever owned. Just with a little modifcation and can make it as fast a vette. My kids love it and so do I.

The pretty sound it make at 3300 rpms while driving. The get up and go and the t-tops. Over all of the car has a beautiful look. You got to love it. love.

I have no complaints expect for the fuel.