2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
Could be great with some improvements
By ajax on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

The pontiac 2002 Firebird TransAM coupe has the looks that make you just want to stare at it when you see one. I suspect the Ram Air would put most sports car lovers over the top with envy. There are some negatives that come with the acolades. Three issues in particular are the way the car idles when standing still with the car in drive and foot on the break.( shaky ). The second problem is the Rotors warp frequently. Suspect bad manufactured pads cause extream heat friction that cause the warpage. The third item is the Head lights make alot of noise when closing them. ( Bang! ) Otherwise a great car looking car with excellent speed when you need it most.

nice car
By cama97 on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

It is the best car to drive. fuel economy is great when you consider the power it puts out. it is very comfortable for 2 passengers and the t- tops are great, you essentially get a convertable without convertable problems. The price was great when you think of what you can get in that size for that price. A vw bettle?

I love my WS6!
By Jamie Miles on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is what a muscle car is supposed to look and drive like.

Why stop making these things???
By Tommyb11 on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Recently bought a loaded 02 base coupe, just an unbelievable car. Looks, performance, and features all well worth the price... Get compliments all the time, and it's a blast to drive also.... why are they being discontinued??? This is Knight Rider's car!!!!

Gotta Love It
By Play With Fire on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun vehicle to drive. 200 horses is plenty to get around town...and occasionally out run some other cars. The steering is great and makes corners a blast. T Tops are a must for this car.

Hate to See it GO
By Top Off on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

What a CAR, None like it on the road, for feel and comfort, I drive mine hard and fast. AND IT HANDLES IT. Been a Firebird owner for years and it just KEEPS GETTING BETTER, Shame it is not coming back, WAKE UP GM!!!!!

Beautiful performance
By louisky123 on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Have a '99 V6-5M which has been great and just bought a '02 V6-5M to keep for eternity since GM has lost its mind and decided to stop making them. What a bargain price for this well equipped vehicle. Big, powerful V6, smooth- shifting 5 speed, 4 wheel ABS, great sound system, wide 16" wheels and tires, and same great look as the V8 (better in my opinion than the slighty gaudy Trans Am). Highly recommend the 3800 performance package to get the dual exhaust and Torsen limited slip differential (huge improvement in the traction department).

This car rocks...
By Maureen Shaw on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have always been a huge fan of the Firebird and while I own an older 1991 it did not deter me in any way from acquiring a (sister) for her.Not only is the handling in this little beauty as good as it could be it get's better the body style, engine and comfort FAR outweigh anything I could have imagined. .I test drove a '91 when they first came out and scared the wits out of the poor dealer at the time so now naturally I own one.I get a lot of compliments on my older one and I have to admit I do prefer my older one but for sheer horse power and comfort I have to say you people at Pontiac DON'T horse around when it comes to STYLE!! Keep up the great work!!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By Kristen on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

i have travled many places with this vehicle and am very proud of its performance.

Perfect
By Feather on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Shocks perfect. No bumpy rides. Fuel engine quality exellent. Perfect V8 cylinder engine quality. Exterior design is excellent and the Reliability is unbelievable. The confort is unspeakable as well as the interior design. It is the most fun to drive vechial.