2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
2002 transam conv.yellow col. edt.
By 71737390 on 03/02/13 08:44 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 trans am convertible for 10 years.It is by far the best car I have ever had. Yellow collector edition,6 speed manual WS6 It runs like hell,and I have goose bumps every time I drive it. It is a fabulous muscle car that I will keep for life. I can't go anywhere without someone asking about the car."Do you want to sell it" NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I could not get more fun on the road and hope to stay out of trouble. This car is my dream car,what else can I say...

Dream Car
By DSworo9 on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Got this car back in March and wish I had got it sooner. I absolutely love this car! SOM, LS1 power of 300+ HP, 6speed, the works. It has just about everything you'd want for a muscle car w/ room for improvement.

These cars are fun
By Barron on 03/12/10 08:54 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is super fast, look great, and turn heads of all ages everywhere I go. It's now 9 years old and is still one of the best looking cars on the road. I've owned mine a few years now with zero problems and I will say that the car is as much fun now as the day I bought it. Highly recommended!

FANTASTIC!!
By BPLatta on 05/26/09 13:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

WS-6, Trans am 2 door coupe artic white, 6 speed manual tranny. Great car, fun to drive, very powerful, lightning fast, great sound system, great gas mileage (28 MPG on a 600 mile round trip). Too bad GM stopped building these. This car will blow just about anything off the road. The car turns heads ( young and old )with it's great looks everywhere I go. It's one of the sharpest cars on the road and the SLP exhaust system sounds great. The car sounds so good that I really don't listen to the radio much. I enjoy the sound of the engine. She purrs like a kitten when idleing or driving at road speed but she roars like a lion when you wind her up. I love this car with no plans to trade or sell.

My WS6 Rocks!
By crzyracrgrl on 01/15/09 14:10 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my WS6, it is the best car I have ever owned. I have done some under the hood work and with not a lot of money or wrench time. It's now over 450 horsepower and kills just about everything off the line. The interior is a little cheap and needs some work but the engine totally makes up for it. I have never had a serious problem with the car, and she loves the cold weather and the heat and air work better in this then in my friends BMW. Bottom line the WS6 is an amazing machine and not to mention she looks like a beast in someone's rear view mirror!

RAM AIR
By Drum Dawg on 07/23/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am a car guy who has owned over 30 different cars over the last 20 years. All I can say is WOW! This WS6 TA rules the road. I can't believe Pontiac screwed up the marketing so bad. This is an awesome ride. It is blistering fast and can hold four people. It is the closest thing to flying a jet fighter and can still get 26 MPG. I can't praise its handling enough. Mine ran a 13.10 and it is totally stock and I had never raced before. Pontaic under rated the horse power for sure!

2002 WS-6 Trans AM
By Joel on 06/09/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the most fun cars to drive. 345 hp at your foot's control and did I mention, 24 mpg. Drives and rides great for a high performance sports car. Makes you feel 17 again.

Best car ever
By maxdeath7 on 05/25/07 11:23 AM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best possible car you could ever own. The leahter interior is breathtaking and the new body kit is just the most amazing thing you could ever possibly see. The reliability is just awsome and the build quality is a guaranteed perfect 10. Oh and the performance can almost beat anything out there.

Red Bird has landed!
By MsKnightRider on 03/30/07 16:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I'm an avid GM/Chevy girl. I've had an '86 Firebird for 5 yrs now but when it needed too many repairs all at once, my hubby convinced me we needed a new car. I didn't want a new one, I loved the '86. I'm so glad I gave in.I bought my Fire Engine Red Firebird WS6 pkg used w/39k miles on it and in mint condition. I couldn't believe how perfect this car was. I am a true muscle car lover and this car is awesome. Sadly I was rearended and the frame was bent so the insurance co. totaled it out. It is a very safe car but body repairs are expensive. I never got to take it to the track but next time I will! My hubby promised me another one so I am on the look out for another one, red w/ blk lthr #2.

Night rider
By Edawg on 04/21/06 13:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I had a GTA years ago and had to get back to a sports car. So I chose what I had before. My WS6 is by far the most powerful car I've ever owned. Just with a little modifcation and can make it as fast a vette. My kids love it and so do I.