2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
Good, Cheap, Fun.
By nwittig54 on 06/16/13 21:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This was the second car I ever bought and have owned it for about two years now. I got it with about 73k on it and am now about 83k. It's been a reliable car but the previous owner did not take care of it at all. The build quality of the interior is a little cheap but the seats are super comfortable and the car hugs the road perfectly. The only major issue I've had, like with all GM V6's, was the intake manifold gasket. Upon replacing the car drove like it was brand new. I will never sell this car and it is about to become my weekend car. I get compliments from people all the time. Also, beat some punk in a Supra to give you some perspective... my car is bone stock.

1 word "FANTASTIC"
By natedavis on 01/30/11 00:29 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this '02 Base model (4spd automatic) Firebird with 87k miles on it and you would have sworn it was new. Even though it's just a V6, this thing still has a lot of power (205HP) stock and handles amazingly on the road at any speed. Hugs the road like no one's business. Sounds great. Super comfortable and very durable interior. Great looking exterior! Only thing I've had to do to it was replace the fuel pump at 92k, other than that it's been great! I paid $4,200 for this car, but after driving it, I would GLADLY pay double that for another one! All I can say is I found the car that no matter what else I own, will always be in my driveway!

What A Disappointment
By Caligirl on 03/14/09 22:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2002 straight off the lot. I loved this sport, affordable car. It was fine for the first 6 year with only 60k miles on it. Then, things changed. Both window motors burned-out costing $350 a piece. Then the fuel pump, $1000. Finally, it was the use of mid-level oil filters rather than a AC Delco oil filter, that caused berrings and crank-shift damage. Never again!

2002 Pontiac Firebird Collectors Ed.
By Quentin Thomas on 06/24/06 14:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The drive of this vehicle was great, but the performance and reliability were not that great at all. It was a automatic and it had transmission trouble, it had brake problems numerous times. The electrical system was messed up. and the t-tops leaked. In the short time that I did own this car, it was in the shop a good fourth of that.

Really Like it so Far
By DWayne on 05/05/06 13:33 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had it 3 months....it sat at the dealership for 6 months for some reason. Midlife crisis caused me to by it. It is fast as hell.

FB2K02 apr2006
By G Robinson on 04/16/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

enjoy ride, sporty looks, and having the T-tops for cool evening after dinner drives. The monsoon equalized hi-fi and CD system works great and I use it with XM radio.

Awesome
By darklord752 on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

It handles great. even though it is only a v6 it has great power. I love these cars.

Couldn't be happier!
By Shena02 on 04/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have a '99 Firebird and am exremely pleased with it. I love the body style and detail of the car, also the interior design. It runs smooth and turns heads everywhere I go! After driving this car I couldn't picture myself in any other type of car. I plan on upgrading to a 2002 soon.

Firebird's Forever
By Tyler on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I own a 2002 Standard Firebird with the Sport Appearance Package, It is a GREAT car for summer cruising with the T-tops out. My car is Pewter Metallic and 4 speed automatic transmission. This car is perfect for a teenager who wants to be seen. I would recomend this car everyone and make sure to get one before there all gone!!

formula review
By SunsetHawkSelena on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

comfortable, 29mpg on the highway with a 6speed, faster than most anything on the road, a real looker