Used 2002 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

Good, Cheap, Fun.
By nwittig54

2002 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This was the second car I ever bought and have owned it for about two years now. I got it with about 73k on it and am now about 83k. It's been a reliable car but the previous owner did not take care of it at all. The build quality of the interior is a little cheap but the seats are super comfortable and the car hugs the road perfectly. The only major issue I've had, like with all GM V6's, was the intake manifold gasket. Upon replacing the car drove like it was brand new. I will never sell this car and it is about to become my weekend car. I get compliments from people all the time. Also, beat some punk in a Supra to give you some perspective... my car is bone stock.

2002 transam conv.yellow col. edt.
By 71737390

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 trans am convertible for 10 years.It is by far the best car I have ever had. Yellow collector edition,6 speed manual WS6 It runs like hell,and I have goose bumps every time I drive it. It is a fabulous muscle car that I will keep for life. I can't go anywhere without someone asking about the car."Do you want to sell it" NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I could not get more fun on the road and hope to stay out of trouble. This car is my dream car,what else can I say...

1 word "FANTASTIC"
By natedavis

2002 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this '02 Base model (4spd automatic) Firebird with 87k miles on it and you would have sworn it was new. Even though it's just a V6, this thing still has a lot of power (205HP) stock and handles amazingly on the road at any speed. Hugs the road like no one's business. Sounds great. Super comfortable and very durable interior. Great looking exterior! Only thing I've had to do to it was replace the fuel pump at 92k, other than that it's been great! I paid $4,200 for this car, but after driving it, I would GLADLY pay double that for another one! All I can say is I found the car that no matter what else I own, will always be in my driveway!

Favorite Features

It's so responsive and quick. SO fun to drive. Very comfortable. I love the sound (dumped cat-back).

Suggested Improvements

All the older GM doors' hinges start to sag over time, where you have to pick up on the door to close it. I wouldn't mind a better hinge system, but that's about it out of the whole car.

Dream Car
By DSworo9

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Got this car back in March and wish I had got it sooner. I absolutely love this car! SOM, LS1 power of 300+ HP, 6speed, the works. It has just about everything you'd want for a muscle car w/ room for improvement.

Favorite Features

T-Top, 6-speed, LS1, Ram Air, WS6, leather.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of skip-shift, better suspension.

These cars are fun
By Barron

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is super fast, look great, and turn heads of all ages everywhere I go. It's now 9 years old and is still one of the best looking cars on the road. I've owned mine a few years now with zero problems and I will say that the car is as much fun now as the day I bought it. Highly recommended!

Favorite Features

Power plant, 6 speed man. tranny, Monsoon stereo, ram air hood, t tops, and leather.

Suggested Improvements

Really can't think of any. Love it just the way it is.