2002 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
Good, Cheap, Fun.
By nwittig54 on 06/16/13 21:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This was the second car I ever bought and have owned it for about two years now. I got it with about 73k on it and am now about 83k. It's been a reliable car but the previous owner did not take care of it at all. The build quality of the interior is a little cheap but the seats are super comfortable and the car hugs the road perfectly. The only major issue I've had, like with all GM V6's, was the intake manifold gasket. Upon replacing the car drove like it was brand new. I will never sell this car and it is about to become my weekend car. I get compliments from people all the time. Also, beat some punk in a Supra to give you some perspective... my car is bone stock.

2002 transam conv.yellow col. edt.
By 71737390 on 03/02/13 08:44 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 trans am convertible for 10 years.It is by far the best car I have ever had. Yellow collector edition,6 speed manual WS6 It runs like hell,and I have goose bumps every time I drive it. It is a fabulous muscle car that I will keep for life. I can't go anywhere without someone asking about the car."Do you want to sell it" NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I could not get more fun on the road and hope to stay out of trouble. This car is my dream car,what else can I say...

1 word "FANTASTIC"
By natedavis on 01/30/11 00:29 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this '02 Base model (4spd automatic) Firebird with 87k miles on it and you would have sworn it was new. Even though it's just a V6, this thing still has a lot of power (205HP) stock and handles amazingly on the road at any speed. Hugs the road like no one's business. Sounds great. Super comfortable and very durable interior. Great looking exterior! Only thing I've had to do to it was replace the fuel pump at 92k, other than that it's been great! I paid $4,200 for this car, but after driving it, I would GLADLY pay double that for another one! All I can say is I found the car that no matter what else I own, will always be in my driveway!

Dream Car
By DSworo9 on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Got this car back in March and wish I had got it sooner. I absolutely love this car! SOM, LS1 power of 300+ HP, 6speed, the works. It has just about everything you'd want for a muscle car w/ room for improvement.

These cars are fun
By Barron on 03/12/10 08:54 AM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is super fast, look great, and turn heads of all ages everywhere I go. It's now 9 years old and is still one of the best looking cars on the road. I've owned mine a few years now with zero problems and I will say that the car is as much fun now as the day I bought it. Highly recommended!

FANTASTIC!!
By BPLatta on 05/26/09 13:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

WS-6, Trans am 2 door coupe artic white, 6 speed manual tranny. Great car, fun to drive, very powerful, lightning fast, great sound system, great gas mileage (28 MPG on a 600 mile round trip). Too bad GM stopped building these. This car will blow just about anything off the road. The car turns heads ( young and old )with it's great looks everywhere I go. It's one of the sharpest cars on the road and the SLP exhaust system sounds great. The car sounds so good that I really don't listen to the radio much. I enjoy the sound of the engine. She purrs like a kitten when idleing or driving at road speed but she roars like a lion when you wind her up. I love this car with no plans to trade or sell.

What A Disappointment
By Caligirl on 03/14/09 22:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2002 straight off the lot. I loved this sport, affordable car. It was fine for the first 6 year with only 60k miles on it. Then, things changed. Both window motors burned-out costing $350 a piece. Then the fuel pump, $1000. Finally, it was the use of mid-level oil filters rather than a AC Delco oil filter, that caused berrings and crank-shift damage. Never again!

My WS6 Rocks!
By crzyracrgrl on 01/15/09 14:10 PM (PST)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I love my WS6, it is the best car I have ever owned. I have done some under the hood work and with not a lot of money or wrench time. It's now over 450 horsepower and kills just about everything off the line. The interior is a little cheap and needs some work but the engine totally makes up for it. I have never had a serious problem with the car, and she loves the cold weather and the heat and air work better in this then in my friends BMW. Bottom line the WS6 is an amazing machine and not to mention she looks like a beast in someone's rear view mirror!

RAM AIR
By Drum Dawg on 07/23/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am a car guy who has owned over 30 different cars over the last 20 years. All I can say is WOW! This WS6 TA rules the road. I can't believe Pontiac screwed up the marketing so bad. This is an awesome ride. It is blistering fast and can hold four people. It is the closest thing to flying a jet fighter and can still get 26 MPG. I can't praise its handling enough. Mine ran a 13.10 and it is totally stock and I had never raced before. Pontaic under rated the horse power for sure!

2002 WS-6 Trans AM
By Joel on 06/09/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the most fun cars to drive. 345 hp at your foot's control and did I mention, 24 mpg. Drives and rides great for a high performance sports car. Makes you feel 17 again.