2001 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Review: LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

2001 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (3.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By ksford1 on

2001 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

14 yrs. ago I was in a Pontiac dealership having a repair on my 1990 Sunbird, it was already at 150K mile. So as I was wondering around the showroom and spied a Red T-Top 75th Anniversary Edition Firebird! Can you say IMPULSE BUY?! Well I've never been disappointed with her. She sits in my driveway right now, looking just as good as she did the day I drove her home, and a few offers to buy her. Sure, there could be more room in the back seat, have replaced EGR Valve, a headlight issue I solved, and recently a new ignition cylinder, but she's got almost 140k miles and I've Loved every one of them! I plan on giving her to my great-nephew in 3 years for his High School Graduation, or not...

Favorite Features

Great exterior styling and an aggressive stance. The performance, even with the 3.8 V6 is awesome! Inside features a sweet Bose Monsoon sound system that is still rocking the car 14 years after purchase. Front seats are comfy and dash is easy to read and controls are easy to reach. The car was built solid. Not one rattle even after almost 140K miles. Many have complained about a cheap plastic interior, but it's not. Everything about the interior compliments the car and I've never been happier with a car in my 28 years of driving. I had hoped to purchase a new version of this vehicle when It made it's return debut, but unfortunately Pontiac is no more, so I will hold onto this one 4 sure

Suggested Improvements

Could have used more luxurious backseats and leg room, and a little more interior lighting. The hump in the passenger floor area can be somewhat uncomfortable. Numerous electrical problems have been reported as well as headlight gear issues, causing the headlights to pop up and grind. Should have used a brass or aluminum gear when building the cars headlights.