Used 2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am - Consumer Reviews

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

Best Car Ever
By 01TransAm

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

A more beautiful (yet mean looking), fun to drive, and comfortable car has never been made. I have the WS6, automatic, and it is still practically like new. The only thing it really needed that is not stock is subframe connectors to get rid of the body roll. I completely disagree with the Edmunds review about the interior. The interior plastic is not cheap. It it much better looking than any new car interior, plus the lumbar support leather seats are top notch. The proportions are perfect - low profile, long hood, enough of a back seat to put stuff in. Millage is 17 city, over 25 if all highway, which is not bad, but who really cares anyway.

LS1, ram air hood, seats, size/proportions, handling.

subframe connectors

One sick car
By sic2001

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my car for 5 yrs now and it is awesome! I have put all kinds of aftermarket bolt ons on and dyno'd at 379 rwhp. It's fast and has never left me stranded! I've replaced the fuel pump myself within 2 hrs in the driveway and 150 for parts and find most repairs can be done easily and the info is excellent online. Put good shocks/struts on it, lower it, and youll keep up with the current M3 on twisties it handles so well. I have the navy blue metallic w/tan interior and people act like it's a Ferrari no kidding. 7 yrs old and looks like it could have been released this year. Catalytic converters are covered under warranty for 10 yrs or 100,000 miles.

WS6 hood, aggresive styling, amount of after market parts to customize to taste, i.e. leather accent pieces, tuners,suspension. Great following. Not at all redneck.

Trans Am package offered with the new Camaro through dealership

Gas is Holding me Back
By onoshedien01

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Overall performance when I first purchased car was excellent. No repairs needed. Maintenance was kept up from previous owner. Great condition inside/out. Bought at 65k. Take curves like a whip. Engine was eager to drive like a bat out of hell. Now at 121k still runs good but maintenance is needed.

T-tops are great feature for joyriding and safer then ragtop. Hood scoops, flip up lights, T/A and Ram Air emblems, spoiler w/brakelight, OE WS6 rims. Awesome looking car.

Gas guzzler big time. Considering trading in:( It would kill me to do this but gas prices are outrageous. Car takes premium.

Still loving it after 6 years!
By Cindy

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My husband and I drove into the dealership "just to look". An hour later we had a black Trans AM WS6. We had looked at BMW's but like my husband said, I didn't giggle when I drove it. That was in May of 2001. I am still loving every minute I drive it! It still gets looks and comments. The stereo is out of this world. One of best purchases we have ever made in our lives.

12 CD changer, stereo, 6 speed transmission.

None!

2001 TA WS6 Convertible
By Chip

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this car for a few years now. Great car! Pontiac had to be crazy for stopping production. I have a 74 SD and this 2001. Love them both. Added a flowmaster for more growl and this car has the neighbors kids giving me the thumbs up every time it hits the streets.

Ram Air Hood