2001 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By ksford1 on 02/03/14 12:07 PM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

14 yrs. ago I was in a Pontiac dealership having a repair on my 1990 Sunbird, it was already at 150K mile. So as I was wondering around the showroom and spied a Red T-Top 75th Anniversary Edition Firebird! Can you say IMPULSE BUY?! Well I've never been disappointed with her. She sits in my driveway right now, looking just as good as she did the day I drove her home, and a few offers to buy her. Sure, there could be more room in the back seat, have replaced EGR Valve, a headlight issue I solved, and recently a new ignition cylinder, but she's got almost 140k miles and I've Loved every one of them! I plan on giving her to my great-nephew in 3 years for his High School Graduation, or not...

Luv my weekend toy
By crazygrrrl on 08/01/10 11:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

At 45,000 miles, this is the only car I've ever bought new that I've never regretted buying. I would buy one again in a heartbeat if GM sells them again. The v6 may be an old design but it is strong and reliable, and my car has never left me stranded. I get compliments all the time. I love the fact that you can see the engine and all hoses, belts, etc. newer cars have that awful plastic cover that hides everything. This car is easy to work on, aftermarket parts are readily available even after GM killed Pontiac. This is definitely an enthusiast's car. It's fun to drive and comfortable too! I love this car. I'm going to keep it until I get too old to drive.

01' Black on Black LS6 Formula 6 speed
By LS6BIRD on 09/19/08 21:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Originally owned by Gm Mechanic. Blew up the LS1 at 30k in 02'..replaced with new LS6, added jethot headers and exhaust, lowered on SLP springs with subframe connectors and 4:10 gears. Dyno's 442 hp and gets and amazing 27 mpg on the highway in 6th. I couldn't ask for a better car. Last of the true muscle cars! Don't think I will ever part with it. Only 311 6speed formula's in 01' and its a loaded Black on Black Hurst 6speed. I LOVE IT

Hi
By CoolAIArtist on 09/17/08 01:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

well I think I got such a wonderful deal at 6,000 dollars for a 01 Bird The only thing I have a problem with is when it rains and that's all. I like the 31 hwy mpg cause I'm daily on the Highway anyway. I have been offered way above what it's worth and always have people staring because the car is a head turner. Pontiac Red and T-tops it is by far one of my fav cars the only thing above it is the Dodge Viper.

*purrs*
By ^^Re-bound on 08/30/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've had an '88 Dodge Aries, '95 Geo Metro & an '02 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. I said I'd NEVER drive another car after being in my truck but with gas at $4 & getting 17 mpg while driving a 60 mile daily commute. I had to re-evaluate. I was shown 3 crap cars when I went in for a trade- in (1 was TOTALLY crapped out & wouldn't even crank!) & then shown this '01 Firebird. I drove it. That's all there was to it. I giggled the whole time! Kit had 75K miles on her & hadn't been taken care of very well but she purrs like a dream & the LOOKS she gets is just mesmerizing!! *giggles* Truck? What truck?! :D

2001 Firebird, V6 3.8L, 2DR Hatch w/TTop
By My Baby on 05/04/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My first car was a '73 Firebird 2DR Coupe, V-8 350 and I loved her. My latest is this 2001 and I love her even more. I cannot imagine owning something else in place of her. She has plenty of power even with the V6 and she is a joy to drive.

I love my birdie
By KELI JONES on 02/26/06 14:12 PM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second firebird i have owned the first was a 1996 had alot of problems with that one but the design and handling made me come back to the firebird. I have also owned 2 cameros they do not hold a candle no comparison. I love to just drive with the t-tops off. This car is great. And this car is 5 years old but looks brand new. Only 41000 miles. Holds up great. One day maybe they will build a car that will compare for the money. Gm really screwed up by stopping production. What a shame. They are bringing back an old gto. But stop making the best car they had. I question common sense there its a shame. And by the way i drive a bird because that is what i like not because thats all i can

Great ride
By Pete on 12/12/04 16:41 PM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The firebird is fun to drive and the 3.8 liter V-6 provides ample acceleration. My car has 52000 plus miles on it and so far it has been very reliable while having only very minor problems (i.e turn signal flashers going out). Overall I am very happy with this car so far.

V6 Grown Up
By TTraveler23 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

When I was just thinking about trading in my 92 Firebird V-6 3.8, I took a test drive in this car. I still liked my 92, but it had over 200,000 miles on it! I found the performance to be outstanding, and the car is very comfortable. The extra features such as the Traction Control system and the 6 speed transmission only add to the performance. The gas mileage is excellent for a V8, it is close to that of my former V6. I highly recommend this model.

Gotta Love It Baby
By gary jones on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Pontiac Firebird in a row. Yes, that's right. I started with a 1992, 1997 and now a 2001. All gave good performance, were fun to drive, held their value and easy on the wallet. I have only owned the 2001 4 months. The drive shaft and fuel pump failed on the 97. I was costly to repair, but managable, largly because of the dealership..