Used 2001 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

2001 Pontiac Firebird

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

The BatMobile
By BOB BACCHI

2001 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I was very fortunate to find this very low mileage car that is 15 years old. It was garage stored by previous owner for a number of years. The PO had the car completely detailed, oil changed, replaced filters, 4 new quality tires. Looks and drives like a new car. The handling is excellent. The ride is very smooth, no rattles or road noise. Good acceleration for the 3.8 V-6. The driver and passenger seats are very comfortable and bolstered. Access and egress are a bit tight, as the car sits low. The rear seats are very close to the fronts and only small people or children will fit with comfort. Very adequate trunk space for a hatchback.
The BatMobile rocks!

cool car
By mark

2001 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my wife a 2001 firebird convertible for our 20th anniversary it had 130,000 miles. this car runs incredible and still looks like it just came out of the showroom we love this car rides great very comfortable to drive on long trips great sound system We love this car so much we are thinking about getting a ws6 now that our kids are out of the house. We recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a sports car and dosent worry about the price of gas

LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By ksford1

2001 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

14 yrs. ago I was in a Pontiac dealership having a
repair on my 1990 Sunbird, it was already at 150K mile. So as I was wondering around the showroom and spied a Red T-Top 75th Anniversary Edition Firebird!
Can you say IMPULSE BUY?! Well I've never been disappointed with her.
She sits in my driveway right now, looking just as good as she did the day I drove her home, and a few offers to buy her. Sure, there could be more room in the back seat, have replaced EGR Valve, a headlight issue I solved, and recently a new ignition cylinder, but she's got almost 140k miles and I've Loved every one of them! I plan on giving her to my great-nephew in 3 years for his High School Graduation, or not...

Great exterior styling and an aggressive stance. The performance, even with the 3.8 V6 is awesome! Inside features a sweet Bose Monsoon sound system that is still rocking the car 14 years after purchase. Front seats are comfy and dash is easy to read and controls are easy to reach. The car was built solid. Not one rattle even after almost 140K miles. Many have complained about a cheap plastic interior, but it's not. Everything about the interior compliments the car and I've never been happier with a car in my 28 years of driving. I had hoped to purchase a new version of this vehicle when It made it's return debut, but unfortunately Pontiac is no more, so I will hold onto this one 4 sure

Could have used more luxurious backseats and leg room, and a little more interior lighting. The hump in the passenger floor area can be somewhat uncomfortable. Numerous electrical problems have been reported as well as headlight gear issues, causing the headlights to pop up and grind. Should have used a brass or aluminum gear when building the cars headlights.

Fun car not reliable daily driver
By 01 firebird

2001 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive with like a sports car but with the v6 you don't have to worry about gas. The only problem with this car that I have had so far are strange electrical issues (ex. The headlights flip up and down when using the power locks with the remote?) also has electrical problems after being stored. Still a great convertible for Florida weather

sound system great! Handles great

electrics also other mechanical issues have left us stranded. car only has 102,000 miles

Best Car Ever
By 01TransAm

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

A more beautiful (yet mean looking), fun to drive, and comfortable car has never been made. I have the WS6, automatic, and it is still practically like new. The only thing it really needed that is not stock is subframe connectors to get rid of the body roll. I completely disagree with the Edmunds review about the interior. The interior plastic is not cheap. It it much better looking than any new car interior, plus the lumbar support leather seats are top notch. The proportions are perfect - low profile, long hood, enough of a back seat to put stuff in. Millage is 17 city, over 25 if all highway, which is not bad, but who really cares anyway.

LS1, ram air hood, seats, size/proportions, handling.

subframe connectors