2001 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By ksford1 on 02/03/14 12:07 PM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

14 yrs. ago I was in a Pontiac dealership having a repair on my 1990 Sunbird, it was already at 150K mile. So as I was wondering around the showroom and spied a Red T-Top 75th Anniversary Edition Firebird! Can you say IMPULSE BUY?! Well I've never been disappointed with her. She sits in my driveway right now, looking just as good as she did the day I drove her home, and a few offers to buy her. Sure, there could be more room in the back seat, have replaced EGR Valve, a headlight issue I solved, and recently a new ignition cylinder, but she's got almost 140k miles and I've Loved every one of them! I plan on giving her to my great-nephew in 3 years for his High School Graduation, or not...

Fun car not reliable daily driver
By 01 firebird on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive with like a sports car but with the v6 you don't have to worry about gas. The only problem with this car that I have had so far are strange electrical issues (ex. The headlights flip up and down when using the power locks with the remote?) also has electrical problems after being stored. Still a great convertible for Florida weather

Best Car Ever
By 01TransAm on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

A more beautiful (yet mean looking), fun to drive, and comfortable car has never been made. I have the WS6, automatic, and it is still practically like new. The only thing it really needed that is not stock is subframe connectors to get rid of the body roll. I completely disagree with the Edmunds review about the interior. The interior plastic is not cheap. It it much better looking than any new car interior, plus the lumbar support leather seats are top notch. The proportions are perfect - low profile, long hood, enough of a back seat to put stuff in. Millage is 17 city, over 25 if all highway, which is not bad, but who really cares anyway.

Luv my weekend toy
By crazygrrrl on 08/01/10 11:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

At 45,000 miles, this is the only car I've ever bought new that I've never regretted buying. I would buy one again in a heartbeat if GM sells them again. The v6 may be an old design but it is strong and reliable, and my car has never left me stranded. I get compliments all the time. I love the fact that you can see the engine and all hoses, belts, etc. newer cars have that awful plastic cover that hides everything. This car is easy to work on, aftermarket parts are readily available even after GM killed Pontiac. This is definitely an enthusiast's car. It's fun to drive and comfortable too! I love this car. I'm going to keep it until I get too old to drive.

One sick car
By sic2001 on 12/28/08 20:27 PM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my car for 5 yrs now and it is awesome! I have put all kinds of aftermarket bolt ons on and dyno'd at 379 rwhp. It's fast and has never left me stranded! I've replaced the fuel pump myself within 2 hrs in the driveway and 150 for parts and find most repairs can be done easily and the info is excellent online. Put good shocks/struts on it, lower it, and youll keep up with the current M3 on twisties it handles so well. I have the navy blue metallic w/tan interior and people act like it's a Ferrari no kidding. 7 yrs old and looks like it could have been released this year. Catalytic converters are covered under warranty for 10 yrs or 100,000 miles.

01' Black on Black LS6 Formula 6 speed
By LS6BIRD on 09/19/08 21:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Originally owned by Gm Mechanic. Blew up the LS1 at 30k in 02'..replaced with new LS6, added jethot headers and exhaust, lowered on SLP springs with subframe connectors and 4:10 gears. Dyno's 442 hp and gets and amazing 27 mpg on the highway in 6th. I couldn't ask for a better car. Last of the true muscle cars! Don't think I will ever part with it. Only 311 6speed formula's in 01' and its a loaded Black on Black Hurst 6speed. I LOVE IT

Hi
By CoolAIArtist on 09/17/08 01:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

well I think I got such a wonderful deal at 6,000 dollars for a 01 Bird The only thing I have a problem with is when it rains and that's all. I like the 31 hwy mpg cause I'm daily on the Highway anyway. I have been offered way above what it's worth and always have people staring because the car is a head turner. Pontiac Red and T-tops it is by far one of my fav cars the only thing above it is the Dodge Viper.

*purrs*
By ^^Re-bound on 08/30/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've had an '88 Dodge Aries, '95 Geo Metro & an '02 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. I said I'd NEVER drive another car after being in my truck but with gas at $4 & getting 17 mpg while driving a 60 mile daily commute. I had to re-evaluate. I was shown 3 crap cars when I went in for a trade- in (1 was TOTALLY crapped out & wouldn't even crank!) & then shown this '01 Firebird. I drove it. That's all there was to it. I giggled the whole time! Kit had 75K miles on her & hadn't been taken care of very well but she purrs like a dream & the LOOKS she gets is just mesmerizing!! *giggles* Truck? What truck?! :D

Gas is Holding me Back
By onoshedien01 on 06/23/08 22:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Overall performance when I first purchased car was excellent. No repairs needed. Maintenance was kept up from previous owner. Great condition inside/out. Bought at 65k. Take curves like a whip. Engine was eager to drive like a bat out of hell. Now at 121k still runs good but maintenance is needed.

2001 Firebird, V6 3.8L, 2DR Hatch w/TTop
By My Baby on 05/04/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My first car was a '73 Firebird 2DR Coupe, V-8 350 and I loved her. My latest is this 2001 and I love her even more. I cannot imagine owning something else in place of her. She has plenty of power even with the V6 and she is a joy to drive.

1 2 3 4 5 next »