2000 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
Best Bang for the Buck
By MalteseFalcon on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

WS6 / Ram Air six-speed version. Turns heads, handles extremely well, is much faster than anything else in the price range. An enthusiast's car. Hard to get into, ride is very firm, but seats provide good support and it sticks like glue in the corners. No warranty work or reliability problems with the car. 15 passes down the drag strip. Best I can do is 14.1 at 100 mph; better driver would see high 13's. Excellent highway and city gas mileage. Kids in back seat can't actually see anything but the back of the front seats. Skip shift is annoying, but can be easily disabled using a widely available kit that sells for about $30.00 US.

Bad ass 2000 WS6
By J Wier on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This car is pure excitement! It will get you as many or even more looks than a Corvette. It is as fast as a Corvette (excluding ZO6) for 2/3 the price. There isn't a better feeling in the automotive world than tearing down the open highway with the T-tops off and the sweet exhaust note of the WS6 Trans- Am!!!!

WS6 TO GOOOOO
By duane on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This has got to be one of the best cars to drive not to mention the FASTEST. The pure power that the car has on tap is unreal. I would recommend if you are going to buy one make sure to try and find a WS6 or a Firehawk. I have the WS6 and it is definately a FORD killer.

Gotta Love It
By CobraKiller on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Love this car, the only Mistake GM made is not making it after 2002. Little things that can be done to increase airflow, and it is so much fun. Sometimes I drive other cars/SUVs home but I always miss my TransAm. Replacing the factory Goodyear tires is a must, Firestone Firehawks are a must, better handling in the rain then the car did on dry pavement.

heads turn
By carol51 on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

The vehicle is garage kept, and used only in the spring and summer which is why the mileage is so low. The color is pewter, the interior is black leather. It is an automatic. The only problem is the insurance because my son is on the family insurance policy. He is 19 and even though he doesn't drive it, the insurance company lists him as as occasional driver. It is the best sports vehicle we ever owned.

Best bang for the buck
By Jules301h on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

My car made 308RWHP on a dyno with minor mods, that's around 360HP at the engine. The engine is greatly underrated by GM to make the corvette look better. Mods are cheap and these cars can easily run 12's in the 1/4. The engine has great power, but the car does not handle well due to body roll. Suspension mods like new shocks and sway bar quickly fix this. The auto trans is excellent and nearly as fast as the manual. If you are looking for a fast car that has great mod potential, this is the one.

awesome car
By marlboromandiggs on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This car is the best purchase I have made. It has the speed that I want when I need to get up and go

Some good some bad
By WS6 on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

WS6 Trans-Am The Bad Interior cheap. Dash cracked. Passenger window rolls down slow. Drivers side door cracking (molding). Service engine light (bad air-pump). Poor excuse for traction control. Clutch slips when "performing" with too much weight (people in car). Stock tires crap! Speakers went POOOF! Rotors warped (110-0 doe!). "Backfire" noise when cold (lack of back pressure). Hate the skip-shift. The Good Hard hitting, throat tearing raw torque. My 6sp hurst shifted trans-am hits hard when I put it to the floor (new tires). Performs well around corners for the size of the car, suspension is stiff. Handles nice at high speeds 100+.

Fun to drive/ride
By Xavier Sanders on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I've had a 5.0 Mustang. I've had a 4.6 & 4.7 Mustang. I've had 91 camaro with a 350. They were fun cars. The PONTIAC TRANS AM. The best car I've ever owned or driven. I used to work at a Porsche Dealership. I have driven the Porsche 911 twin turbo. Its a nice car. If they were both evenly matched in price...................... It wouldn't be a second though. I would pick the TRANS AM (with the WS6 Package of course!!!)

Harley Davidson Of Automobiles
By CHIEF TA on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Thundering exhaust, tire smoking torque, sexy curves - all with 26 MPG on the highway! Too bad everyone's so hooked on the boxy dullness of SUV's that they've allowed these cars to die.