Used 2000 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

Yes it is and NO you can't
By Craig

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

Best car I've had. Awesome throtle response for a V-6. Handles great in the curves. The title of my review is my front license plate. Yes it's fast and NO you cant drive it. Its my first but not my last. The only car I have owned that outshined this was my 1972 Chevelle. The only problem is seating in the back... cramped, but not for me. I'm Driving.

Stereo, steering wheel controls, and the stares I get as I fly by at 120...SMILE. Not that I would do such a thing...speeding will get you a ticket.

Mine is perfect... The only way to improve would be to by the T/A with Ram Air... OH one more thing. Better start making the new ones, and dont go cheesey GM, like the charger, Impress me... go with the Older body like the Mustang, maybe with hide-a-way headlights like the old Camaro RS... Thanks.

Best Bird yet
By Fredsbird

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I bought mine new and it has proven very reliable. It has a solid feel, great looks (mine came with a beautiful metallic blue paint and chrome wheels).I have had 3 birds of various gens and none have been good off the line at a light, but on the highway they are incredible. I first learned this when I found the passing gear going 80, it was like light speed kicked in. The gas mileage city/hwy is incredible. I had a weird noise in the engine but it went away, I believe it was due to my feeding it lower octane, stick with 93.

The conservative good looks of the base model. Shortly after I got it someone approached me to compliment on my cars looks. Even after five years people still give it a look in the parking lot.

Better stock tires, replace them before you find the "passing" gear.

Firebird Rating
By Cheri

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

The steering and handling are outstanding and the car has been reliable.

The firebird is a beautiful car with beautiful curves.

The interior could be improved with a better stereo and more features.

Dependable Ride
By Elizabeth

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this vehicle new. The only problem that I have had with this car is the brakes (but I am always hard on brakes).

Love the red dash lights.

No room in back seat, not enough room in hatch, hatch drips when you open it up after rain.

Ram Air TA
By Mike

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I've had 7 Fbirds or Camaros going back to 1970. This one would blow away ANY 60's Muscle Car and outhandle any race car of the 70s or 80s. For $32000, nothing touched it within $15K and then only a Vette. Next closest was $75K for a 911. 98% of a Vette's performance, 70% of the price--and better looks with more utility. Bright red is the only color for a GT. 160++ top speed. Only 17000 miles on it. And 25mpg on the highway. The ultimate American GT (with the SS Camaro.)It looks exactly like what it is: pure American Muscle. The Mustang needed a supercharger to just stay with it! Supercharge a TA and you put out 500+ hp. It will run with a Viper that costs 3 times as much.

Sound. Loudmouth SLP exhaust is perfect. Looks: sleek and purposeful. Engine--none better than an LS1. 500 watt 10 speaker stereo with 12 disc changer is hard to beat. Grossly under rated at 320. Stock, 300 at the rear wheels = 370 or so at the crank. GM didn't want to embarass the Vette.

Leather should be better for $31K. Still has squeaks--although better than other F-bodies I've owned.