2000 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
SLP
By sweetsears on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I have had the car since new, 13 miles. I have yet to have a major mechanical malfunction. I have had to have in the shop once for a o ring that was loose off of the EGR. Overall no problems.

Fun on a part time basis only
By Omer on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Hey, 18 months with my Trans am and I love alot of things with it. The ls1 has tons of torque all 6 gears, It's a fast car, turns heads, and attract attenion, but the reliablity brings this car down. The problems with the car are numberus, first of all engine reliability, the push rods bend so easily, other than that-- no engine problems. The rear axel is very sentitive. Lost my rear end at 60mph twice @ 46,000 and 47,000 miles. They upgraded the clutch in 2001 for a reason (2001s have 'vette z06 spec clutch). Fast? Yes. Fun? Yes. Satisifed? Yes. Holds Value? (relative to market) Yes. Reliablity? No!

The Ultimate Sleeper
By Richy Rich on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

If you ever pull up beside a quiet sounding Formula Firebird, don't test it. This is the fastest car I've ever drove. And most the people I show it to assume its a 6 cyl. because of the stock exhaust. The Firebirds are some of the best looking cars on the market, and the 350V8 Really backs its up.

2000 WS6
By Dr. Ned on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

My 2000 WS6 is the 3rd Pontiac I've owned in a row. The car handles like a dream, it was purchased used with the skip shift eliminator already installed, along with 4.11s for the gears. The only problem I've had is tearing through the teeth on the pinion. The stock GM 10-bolt rear axle just cannot handle over 350HP. Stock the car is 340, so any modifications and you will most likely have axle problems. Next upgrade, SLP 12-Bolt.

awesome
By coolkitty1971 on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

Great car with lots of style and reliability

I LOVE MY CAR
By OMG on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This is the third Firebird I've ordered. Two Formulas and now a WS6 Trans Am. All of them Black. All of them 6-speeds. This car is SO bad. Power/fun/adrenaline/class! It's my baby and I love it!! It's spotless and looks brand new. Sounds awesome with just the back seat down and a Holley Power Shot air filter! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY QUIT MAKING THEM! What will I do????

Awesome Car!!!
By cregets on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Ive got a 2000 WS6 Trans Am. Nothing but fun in this car. The LS1 responds well to mods and it is a killer fast car to begin with. Gas is good for a sports car, and it will get looks from everyone who hears it coming!! I dont think you could get a better bang for the buck.

Let the muscle car live....
By Staab on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I've had nothing but fun with my Ram Air. Since I've bought it, all I've had to do is change the oil; and tires of course :)

dream car
By ta12sec on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

My firehawk is my 4th f body. My first and second both were less then ideal as daily drivers and my 3rd was a highly modified 86 that ran 10 second 1/4miles. but again far from a good all around car. My firehawk has it all enough power to destroy the 275/40/17 firestone firehawks in first and second and shifting into third often gets a solid chirp or sets off the traction control. It will tear through a corner that a lesser car would quiver at. I average 30 mpg+ on the freeway and find it to be a very comfortable cruiser.

Best Bang for the Buck
By MalteseFalcon on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

WS6 / Ram Air six-speed version. Turns heads, handles extremely well, is much faster than anything else in the price range. An enthusiast's car. Hard to get into, ride is very firm, but seats provide good support and it sticks like glue in the corners. No warranty work or reliability problems with the car. 15 passes down the drag strip. Best I can do is 14.1 at 100 mph; better driver would see high 13's. Excellent highway and city gas mileage. Kids in back seat can't actually see anything but the back of the front seats. Skip shift is annoying, but can be easily disabled using a widely available kit that sells for about $30.00 US.