2000 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
Formula WS6
By attack on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

Best car I've ever owned.

Love my Trans Am WS6
By Kellie Morris on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I love my car, Im very upset that Gm doesnt make Trans Ams anymore, I would love to purchase in a few years a brand new Trans Am , I wouldnt want to trade this car for any other car unless it could be a brand new Trans Am, or possibly if they would make Camaro SS again also, but I would rather have my Trans Am! Gm made the biggest mistake when they stoped making the Trans Ams and Camaros, there is not another car out there that i would even think about haveing!

I love it!
By Cyrad2 on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I have owned the car for 3 years now. I drive it everyday. I get comments on it all the time, and the best part is wiping the smiles of the pansies driving mustangs. Great bang-for-buck car. I can't wait to trade up to a T/A!

Transam "turns the ladies' heads" - '04
By brandnu4u on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I have owned a 2000 Black Ram Air Transam with T-tops for approximately one year. It is, by far, the best sports car around for the money (VALUE). Insurance rates are ridiculous, so I am not sure how long I will be able to keep it since I recently received a traffic violation which will send my rates out of the universe!! I will miss this car greatly if and when I have to sell it to another lucky owner. Awesome power, Great look, and fun to drive. More fun than any car I have driven thus far in my life. KC (age 36)

Shame it's gone...
By nemeses on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Purchased vehicle used in 2003. Still looks and drives great with 48,000 miles. Only issue I have with the vehicle is the weak rear differential. Went out once and is going out again.

Firebird
By Adrian2004 on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

Incredible handling of road, great acceleration and continued high speed, turns in a dime and stops better than other cars tried. Will make heads turn as you drive by.

00 firebird
By siamese dream on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

the stock spoiler is kind of annoying when it rains because it puddles up, and the door is heavy. other than that it's fine

fast rhino
By yzcoach on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This is my 2nd Trans Am but my first with Ram Air. Living in Colorado you would think it was a poor choice for a year 'round car but it is a good winter car with Blizzacs mounted all the way around. Careful use of the gears, acclearator and fast shifting keeps it moving. It has the torque of a John Deer. I love this car!!

Firebird V6 (My 1st car at 18 yrs. old)
By TexasBird on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

*Performance 5: V6, very weak. Has tendency to embarrass you. *Comfort 8: Front seats very supportive. *Fuel Economy 7: Great everyday driver. I got 31 mpg on I-10 for a road trip. *Fun to Drive 6: Only good for lookin' good. Get flirted with a lot more. *Ext. Design 10: Great aggressive stance and body look. *Int. Design 9: Cheap plastic buttons don't look good. Red glow of instruments at night is awesome. *Build Quality 8: No squeaks, leaks, rattles etc. You get what you pay for. Trans Am's are a lot better built. *Reliability 8: Only thing to break is pop up headlights and CD player.

Baddest car on the road!
By TACruiser on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 2000 TA, WS6 with one intention... To own my dream car!!! This car is the coolest ride on the road with tons of power! I put 400 hp in this ride, a killer sound system and a lot of extra goodies!