2000 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews 4

2000 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

2000 Firebird Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Formula WS6
By attack

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

Best car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Power.

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again.

Love my Trans Am WS6
By Kellie Morris

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I love my car, Im very upset that Gm doesnt make Trans Ams anymore, I would love to purchase in a few years a brand new Trans Am , I wouldnt want to trade this car for any other car unless it could be a brand new Trans Am, or possibly if they would make Camaro SS again also, but I would rather have my Trans Am! Gm made the biggest mistake when they stoped making the Trans Ams and Camaros, there is not another car out there that i would even think about haveing!

Favorite Features

The whole car is my favorit feature, I love everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

None

I love it!
By Cyrad2

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I have owned the car for 3 years now. I drive it everyday. I get comments on it all the time, and the best part is wiping the smiles of the pansies driving mustangs. Great bang-for-buck car. I can't wait to trade up to a T/A!

Favorite Features

Sexy exterior. Comfortable, yet sporty interior. Best v6 ever built. Corners and accelerates better than expected. T-TOPS!

Suggested Improvements

...if it was a T/A with the 5.7L v8 it'd be perfect! Get the T/A if u can afford the insurance and gas...v6 is plenty peppy though.

Transam "turns the ladies' heads" - '04
By brandnu4u

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I have owned a 2000 Black Ram Air Transam with T-tops for approximately one year. It is, by far, the best sports car around for the money (VALUE). Insurance rates are ridiculous, so I am not sure how long I will be able to keep it since I recently received a traffic violation which will send my rates out of the universe!! I will miss this car greatly if and when I have to sell it to another lucky owner. Awesome power, Great look, and fun to drive. More fun than any car I have driven thus far in my life. KC (age 36)

Favorite Features

V8, 350 Horsepower plus with KNN intake air filter installed by previous owner. Great Black interior. Very sporty looking. Love the Six speed manual transmission. Love the T-tops! Turns the ladies heads every time. Good stereo system included.

Suggested Improvements

More genuine, softer leather for seat comfort and wearability in interior. Tighter seals for T-tops to avoid water leaking in car washes, etc.

Shame it's gone...
By nemeses

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Purchased vehicle used in 2003. Still looks and drives great with 48,000 miles. Only issue I have with the vehicle is the weak rear differential. Went out once and is going out again.

Favorite Features

POWER!!! WS6 Performance Package is great. Fairly economical for the type of vehcile.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger rear differential, but considering that they don't build them anymore, maybe they'll get it correct on the GTO.

Firebird
By Adrian2004

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

Incredible handling of road, great acceleration and continued high speed, turns in a dime and stops better than other cars tried. Will make heads turn as you drive by.

Favorite Features

Looks, handling and acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Mileage, interior space, and powerwindows controls further ahead in door to reach comfortably

00 firebird
By siamese dream

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

the stock spoiler is kind of annoying when it rains because it puddles up, and the door is heavy. other than that it's fine

Favorite Features

rear wheel drive, pretty powerful for V6 and it's not a FORD

Suggested Improvements

more powerful,more interior space

fast rhino
By yzcoach

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This is my 2nd Trans Am but my first with Ram Air. Living in Colorado you would think it was a poor choice for a year 'round car but it is a good winter car with Blizzacs mounted all the way around. Careful use of the gears, acclearator and fast shifting keeps it moving. It has the torque of a John Deer. I love this car!!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, surprisingly the handling is very good, T top. Transmission, brakes, hatchback and storage space

Suggested Improvements

Headlights that actually lite the road more than 30 feet in front of the car wb good. Also seats that were designed after 1955 wb nice

Firebird V6 (My 1st car at 18 yrs. old)
By TexasBird

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

*Performance 5: V6, very weak. Has tendency to embarrass you. *Comfort 8: Front seats very supportive. *Fuel Economy 7: Great everyday driver. I got 31 mpg on I-10 for a road trip. *Fun to Drive 6: Only good for lookin' good. Get flirted with a lot more. *Ext. Design 10: Great aggressive stance and body look. *Int. Design 9: Cheap plastic buttons don't look good. Red glow of instruments at night is awesome. *Build Quality 8: No squeaks, leaks, rattles etc. You get what you pay for. Trans Am's are a lot better built. *Reliability 8: Only thing to break is pop up headlights and CD player.

Favorite Features

*Y87 and W68 pkg's: includes dual exhaust, chrome wheels, ground effects, and Trans Am steering. *Monsoon stereo (very loud). AC/DC - ZZ-Top sounds best.

Suggested Improvements

*More Horsepower/Torque!!! * Get K&N airfilter and airbox lid. * Get Hypertech programmer. *Start making Camaro/Firebird again.

Baddest car on the road!
By TACruiser

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 2000 TA, WS6 with one intention... To own my dream car!!! This car is the coolest ride on the road with tons of power! I put 400 hp in this ride, a killer sound system and a lot of extra goodies!

Favorite Features

I like the traction control option. Good gas mileage even with LT headers, no cats and electric cutout! The Ram Air hood is the coolest!

Suggested Improvements

I inproved everything in the car aftermarket wise. Bad blind spot though.