2000 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
Best Bird yet
By Fredsbird on 01/28/06 23:21 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I bought mine new and it has proven very reliable. It has a solid feel, great looks (mine came with a beautiful metallic blue paint and chrome wheels).I have had 3 birds of various gens and none have been good off the line at a light, but on the highway they are incredible. I first learned this when I found the passing gear going 80, it was like light speed kicked in. The gas mileage city/hwy is incredible. I had a weird noise in the engine but it went away, I believe it was due to my feeding it lower octane, stick with 93.

Firebird Rating
By Cheri on 01/02/06 08:52 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

The steering and handling are outstanding and the car has been reliable.

Dependable Ride
By Elizabeth on 08/18/05 13:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this vehicle new. The only problem that I have had with this car is the brakes (but I am always hard on brakes).

Ram Air TA
By Mike on 03/31/05 16:17 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I've had 7 Fbirds or Camaros going back to 1970. This one would blow away ANY 60's Muscle Car and outhandle any race car of the 70s or 80s. For $32000, nothing touched it within $15K and then only a Vette. Next closest was $75K for a 911. 98% of a Vette's performance, 70% of the price--and better looks with more utility. Bright red is the only color for a GT. 160++ top speed. Only 17000 miles on it. And 25mpg on the highway. The ultimate American GT (with the SS Camaro.)It looks exactly like what it is: pure American Muscle. The Mustang needed a supercharger to just stay with it! Supercharge a TA and you put out 500+ hp. It will run with a Viper that costs 3 times as much.

Fast - Not Furious
By Classy Bird on 03/15/05 21:46 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I've owned this car since it was new. Originally I had trouble with the power antenna and one of the headlights not popping up. Four trips to the dealer and the headlight finally was fixed - loose connection to motor. One other problem I had was the gas line regulator valve leaking gas into the engine when it was hot causing hard starting. I've not had any problems since these. I've been real happy with the gas mileage. I get 18 mpg in town and 30 mpg on the highway. That's with a heavy foot. Would have bought the TA except insurance would have been 4 times higher even though I haven't had a ticket for 15 years. Also, cost difference was $16 grand - buy another car for that.

The Perfect Sports Car
By ANDY1171665 on 12/07/04 18:37 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

We all know you can buy a Honda Civic and put $10,000 into it to make it a nice car. Why not just buy one of these Firebirds and have the better looking car, and the performance. Do not be fooled by editor's bias towards import cars. This lovely car does twice as much as they can, has more features and looks better. Don't be the butt of everyone's "deck out your cheap Honda" jokes, and be the envy, get the Firebird!

muscle car mania
By rupp on 12/02/04 22:22 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

Wow! Absolutely mindblowing acceleration and handling! Used to own a Mustang GT and there is no comparison. Aftermarket add-ons to increase horsepower are extremely inexpensive so you can do all kind of things to the motor real cheap! Love it!!

Nothing can top this
By Airez on 11/04/04 23:39 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I got my car as a certifiedused vehicle from GeneralMotors. I love the whole Firehawk appearence package. Car is even better in stick. This car does 14's with ease, if you put some slicks, even low thirteens.

Great bird
By JRMUNC on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Car drives great handles like a dream.Great looks inside and out.Sound system is wonderful.T-tops slide in and out with ease.

I've died and gone to heaven!!!!
By Carla V on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I just got this car, but have been dreaming about it for years!! My 3rd firebird and my favorite!! Took me a long time to find exactly what I wanted...black, ram air, WS6, 6 speed, t-tops. I can't wait to race it!! Anyone who thinks their luxury car is better can kiss my butt!! I'm sad they don't make them anymore, so if you want one better get one while you still can before they are all worn out and used up!!