2000 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
53 and my new muscle car
By cness05 on 07/04/07 11:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

This car is hot. Red 5.7 V8,6 speed trans with out the skip shift. It has great looks.drives like a dream,and more get up and go than my 72 Camaro had. But this car's ride is much better ,and will set you back in your seat very quickly. As far as fuel mileage it does not matter, what a thrill to drive. To sum this car up GM made a mistake dropping the Firebird and Camaro lines. I love this car and will keep it a long time. This car is priceless.

Killer 2000 T/A WS6
By stringer on 03/07/07 19:14 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Third trans am I've owned, and the fastest. Love the racey exterior, and interior. Handles great around corners, passes with ease. A definite looker. A very fun car to drive.

Mean LS1
By Wildstar43 on 03/04/07 21:36 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I have had two cars previous to the Trans Am. Both were Camaros and I have been pleased with the over all reliability and performance of the car. Not to mention getting the parts to modify the f-bodies are easy to find.

4 Years in Germany @ 163.2 mph
By Zebranapper on 01/25/07 17:36 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

These cars are amazing. I moved to Germany in Dec 2000. Was there until Jan 05 and I had 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Autobahn everyday @163.2 miles per hour (except in the rain I slowed to 120 mph) which is where the STOCK rev limiter kicks in (5th Gear 5750 rpm) Then drop it in 6th the car slows to 150 mph at 3700 rpm. At 110 miles per hour I got 26 Miles per gallon on a 300 mile trip. For $28,000 new you still can't beat me for the bang for $. I am returning to Germany this Spring for 4 more years (maybe more if I can retire there) of exquisite experiences of running down the autobahn at small aircraft velocities and still get reasonable gas mileage. Minor mods make this and excellent "Bahn Burner

WS6 Ram Air
By Ryan on 11/13/06 03:16 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This was the best Trans Am built to date. Too bad it only lasted two more years. It rides great fro a sports car, is comfortable on long trips, and performs close to the level of the more expensive Corvettes of the time. I bought this car used and the only repair I had to do was replacing a headlight motor. Amazing cars!

Still fun, more reliable than expected
By terminaldegree on 08/09/06 13:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I have a manual transmission base model as my daily driver. It accelerates, brakes, and corners well while managing to be decently comfortable and returning great highway MPG on cheap 87 octane gas. It's the quintessential cheap sporty car. Performance add-ons I recommend without affecting reliability include a dual exhaust, Pro 5.0 shifter (WAY more precise), a Torsen limited-slip rear (expensive but very different experience than the open diff), and the ubiquitous aftermarket stereo system. When cleaned up it still gets a lot of compliments.

Firebirds and Camaro Live FOREVER!
By JoshSSMaro00 on 07/15/06 04:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

The Firebirds looks are Killer! I own a 2000 Camaro SS and the looks are a bit different, but same everything! The car is a BLAST to drive! It is now cheaper for younger buyers, the aftermarket is unbelieveable.. There are millions of Brands and things you can do for cheap also! (GM) My dad has a Z06 and i will say the vette is bitchen but i love my camaro looks.. But i want his engine and tranny!

Trans Am review from a daily driver pers
By Hurley711 on 05/27/06 07:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

The car looks great and is fun to drive, but it also has some major downsides. Annoying pop up headlight motors break every few years. The cheap plastic interior rattles to no end, even SFC didn't eliminate all of the noise. Pros on the car are performance and styling. Head turner no matter where you go. Also can be easily modified to make more power if you need it.

Trans Am
By blk2000ws6 on 03/21/06 14:41 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I own a 2000 Trans am WS-6 and it is a great car it handles very well has awesome power and I have never had a bit of trouble from it.

Yes it is and NO you can't
By Craig on 03/14/06 06:32 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

Best car I've had. Awesome throtle response for a V-6. Handles great in the curves. The title of my review is my front license plate. Yes it's fast and NO you cant drive it. Its my first but not my last. The only car I have owned that outshined this was my 1972 Chevelle. The only problem is seating in the back... cramped, but not for me. I'm Driving.