Used 2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

i love my bird
By baby81doll

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback

i was looking to buy a camaro when i saw the silver firebird and fell in love i paid to much for it but wouldnt get rid of it for anything ive had to do some repairs on different things but ill do what it takes to keep it rolling on.

Favorite Features

body style, t-tops, color its silver with black and grey interior

Suggested Improvements

improvements, the power window and door panel assembly

Only, ok.
By Jim-Bob

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

It was an ok car. Got me from point A to point B. Looks cool, but not enough power or look as cool as a Mustang, if it was the 5.7 that may be a different story (I still doubt it!) But even then the Firebird is way too wide making it impossible to park. Also, you can never see more than a foot of the hood. It always had computer problems and had to be taken to the shop constantly.

Favorite Features

T-tops, and pop up lights. Even though they're fun, they where just another thing to go wrong. ( And they did, the T-tops would leak at the car wash every time. Then the pop up lights broke a few times, and would not open.

Suggested Improvements

More power than a mere 200 hp., balance the rear end to the front end weight better (always struggled for grip, and could improve the 0 - 60) , shorten the mile long doors so you can get out in a parking lot. Don't have such a long dashboard, and don't make a hood you can only see 1/5 of.

Great Vehicle
By MOI

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

This car has never had a problem, we have never done anything but normal maintenance. It has also lived in California, New Mexico and Minnesota, and has done well everywhere

Poor Quality
By JNas

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought this vehicle for my son back in 2000. It's done nothing but cost me money. Things that normally don't tear up on vehicles fall apart on this vehicle. From the power windows going bad, emission problems, replaced fuel tank and pump, replaced rear diff, pinion seal, replaced numerous lights switches, power steering pump leaked and on and on. I've spend almost as much money in keeping this car running as I did when I bought it new. This car has only 68,000 miles on it. My toyota 4 runner has 165,000 and I've only had to replace the brakes. I'll never buy another American made car.

Suggested Improvements

Learn from Toyota or Honda about how to make a quality vehicle.

53 and my new muscle car
By cness05

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback

This car is hot. Red 5.7 V8,6 speed trans with out the skip shift. It has great looks.drives like a dream,and more get up and go than my 72 Camaro had. But this car's ride is much better ,and will set you back in your seat very quickly. As far as fuel mileage it does not matter, what a thrill to drive. To sum this car up GM made a mistake dropping the Firebird and Camaro lines. I love this car and will keep it a long time. This car is priceless.

Favorite Features

This car is a head turner, sounds great. Handles like a dream, and with the 5.7 V8 has more than enough HP to keep anybody very happy.

Suggested Improvements

I think GM hit a home run with these cars. Would not change anything. One great muscle car in an era gone by.