2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
i love my bird
By baby81doll on 04/11/11 23:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback

i was looking to buy a camaro when i saw the silver firebird and fell in love i paid to much for it but wouldnt get rid of it for anything ive had to do some repairs on different things but ill do what it takes to keep it rolling on.

Only, ok.
By Jim-Bob on 08/11/09 22:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

It was an ok car. Got me from point A to point B. Looks cool, but not enough power or look as cool as a Mustang, if it was the 5.7 that may be a different story (I still doubt it!) But even then the Firebird is way too wide making it impossible to park. Also, you can never see more than a foot of the hood. It always had computer problems and had to be taken to the shop constantly.

Great Vehicle
By MOI on 10/29/08 06:08 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

This car has never had a problem, we have never done anything but normal maintenance. It has also lived in California, New Mexico and Minnesota, and has done well everywhere

Poor Quality
By JNas on 07/23/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought this vehicle for my son back in 2000. It's done nothing but cost me money. Things that normally don't tear up on vehicles fall apart on this vehicle. From the power windows going bad, emission problems, replaced fuel tank and pump, replaced rear diff, pinion seal, replaced numerous lights switches, power steering pump leaked and on and on. I've spend almost as much money in keeping this car running as I did when I bought it new. This car has only 68,000 miles on it. My toyota 4 runner has 165,000 and I've only had to replace the brakes. I'll never buy another American made car.

53 and my new muscle car
By cness05 on 07/04/07 11:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback

This car is hot. Red 5.7 V8,6 speed trans with out the skip shift. It has great looks.drives like a dream,and more get up and go than my 72 Camaro had. But this car's ride is much better ,and will set you back in your seat very quickly. As far as fuel mileage it does not matter, what a thrill to drive. To sum this car up GM made a mistake dropping the Firebird and Camaro lines. I love this car and will keep it a long time. This car is priceless.

Still fun, more reliable than expected
By terminaldegree on 08/09/06 13:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I have a manual transmission base model as my daily driver. It accelerates, brakes, and corners well while managing to be decently comfortable and returning great highway MPG on cheap 87 octane gas. It's the quintessential cheap sporty car. Performance add-ons I recommend without affecting reliability include a dual exhaust, Pro 5.0 shifter (WAY more precise), a Torsen limited-slip rear (expensive but very different experience than the open diff), and the ubiquitous aftermarket stereo system. When cleaned up it still gets a lot of compliments.

Yes it is and NO you can't
By Craig on 03/14/06 06:32 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Best car I've had. Awesome throtle response for a V-6. Handles great in the curves. The title of my review is my front license plate. Yes it's fast and NO you cant drive it. Its my first but not my last. The only car I have owned that outshined this was my 1972 Chevelle. The only problem is seating in the back... cramped, but not for me. I'm Driving.

Best Bird yet
By Fredsbird on 01/28/06 23:21 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought mine new and it has proven very reliable. It has a solid feel, great looks (mine came with a beautiful metallic blue paint and chrome wheels).I have had 3 birds of various gens and none have been good off the line at a light, but on the highway they are incredible. I first learned this when I found the passing gear going 80, it was like light speed kicked in. The gas mileage city/hwy is incredible. I had a weird noise in the engine but it went away, I believe it was due to my feeding it lower octane, stick with 93.

Firebird Rating
By Cheri on 01/02/06 08:52 AM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

The steering and handling are outstanding and the car has been reliable.

Dependable Ride
By Elizabeth on 08/18/05 13:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this vehicle new. The only problem that I have had with this car is the brakes (but I am always hard on brakes).