2000 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
i love my bird
By baby81doll on 04/11/11 23:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

i was looking to buy a camaro when i saw the silver firebird and fell in love i paid to much for it but wouldnt get rid of it for anything ive had to do some repairs on different things but ill do what it takes to keep it rolling on.

Find of a lifetime
By Zabo on 07/18/10 09:55 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Found my 'bird neglected but with extremely low mileage at a Ford dealership for a good price. While I was more of a Camaro guy myself this car made me a convert right quick. For a 10 year old F-Body this car does show it's age in some places, but still looks, feels, and arguably quite relevant in today's day and age. Granted the mileage isn't even a shadow compared to newer cars but you have to ask "Self, why did I buy it?" However, I will say that if you want more than stock; be prepared to turn this car from stocker to rocker as in it's stock form this car is already stretching it's limits. But since when did anyone buy a muscle car and keep it stock?

Slammed and Cammed LS1
By Willy on 11/29/09 18:10 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This is my third fbody and by far the fastest. I have modified the cars exhaust, intake, suspension, upgraded to a larger cam shaft, wheels, tires, 4.10 gears. To this day I am leaving cars 4-5 times its worth in the dust. I use it as a daily driver with a large cam and a very loud glasspack exhaust. The only problem the car has ever given me was a dead battery. It is an absolute thrill to drive and to this day still turns heads with its agressive black exterior and functional ram air hood. All the options still work, AC blows cold. Heater works unbelievably good. No oil leaks or burning. Seats are comfortable, even though the "leather" looks sort of plain. Over all this is a great car

Only, ok.
By Jim-Bob on 08/11/09 22:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

It was an ok car. Got me from point A to point B. Looks cool, but not enough power or look as cool as a Mustang, if it was the 5.7 that may be a different story (I still doubt it!) But even then the Firebird is way too wide making it impossible to park. Also, you can never see more than a foot of the hood. It always had computer problems and had to be taken to the shop constantly.

I love my Trans Am!
By md4dmse on 11/16/08 19:25 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Convertible

I got this car before I got pregnant with twins, so it doesn't see as much use now as it used to. The WS6 coupled with the convertible was actually my dream car and I was amazed and thrilled when I got it! It has never disappointed me at all. At 8 years old with close to 90k, I've only replaced a wheel bearing and a window motor outside of regular maintenence. A pretty good record if you ask me. The gas mileage is unbelievable for this 5.7 too! I use Bosch platinum plugs and get over 30mpg when I keep the air filter clean. I have absolutely no complaints with this car after 4 and a half years of ownership, and I still drive it multiple times weekly even since the twins! Can't go wrong!

Great Vehicle
By MOI on 10/29/08 06:08 AM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

This car has never had a problem, we have never done anything but normal maintenance. It has also lived in California, New Mexico and Minnesota, and has done well everywhere

Love Trans Ams
By Shell'sSSR on 09/06/08 20:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I have been driving a Trans Am since 1981. My first one was a 1979 4.9 gold one that was 2 yrs. old when I bought it. My best and favorite one! I drove it for 200,000 miles and had the engine rebuilt. Loved that car. Drove it for 17 yrs. Then ordered my 1997 Trans in 1996, then my 2000. I've been giving her a rest because now I also own a 2004 Chevy SSR. I really like vehicles. We are G.M. people only because of my brother, Mike, who worked for them before his sudden death in 11- 05. Miss him severely. I used his gm discount on my 2000, so I probably will never let this car go. My car is very clean,never in any kind of crash, babied like no other (except the SSR) and only has 50,000 mi.

Poor Quality
By JNas on 07/23/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I bought this vehicle for my son back in 2000. It's done nothing but cost me money. Things that normally don't tear up on vehicles fall apart on this vehicle. From the power windows going bad, emission problems, replaced fuel tank and pump, replaced rear diff, pinion seal, replaced numerous lights switches, power steering pump leaked and on and on. I've spend almost as much money in keeping this car running as I did when I bought it new. This car has only 68,000 miles on it. My toyota 4 runner has 165,000 and I've only had to replace the brakes. I'll never buy another American made car.

This Black bird is BAD
By Rick on 04/10/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car with 45 miles on the odometer and have had more fun than should be allowed.Be sides a dead battery and headlight motor this car has been a gem to own. It now has 91,600 miles on the it and it still barks the tires in the first three gears.I guess I should mention that it has the 6 speed tranny with the Hurst shifter.I've added a k&n air filter and flowmaster exhaust a month after purchase

Great sports car
By johnpr on 02/06/08 15:34 PM (PST)

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I have enjoyed every moment with this car, I have traveled across the country in this vehicle and have allways enjoyed the ride and the power on demand feel of this car. The only reliability issue I have ever had with this was when the battery died. This is hardly an issue though as that is a normal maintenance item. Anyhow, great car with a great ride and comfort.