Used 2000 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

i love my bird
By baby81doll

2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

i was looking to buy a camaro when i saw the silver firebird and fell in love i paid to much for it but wouldnt get rid of it for anything ive had to do some repairs on different things but ill do what it takes to keep it rolling on.

Favorite Features

body style, t-tops, color its silver with black and grey interior

Suggested Improvements

improvements, the power window and door panel assembly

Find of a lifetime
By Zabo

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Found my 'bird neglected but with extremely low mileage at a Ford dealership for a good price. While I was more of a Camaro guy myself this car made me a convert right quick. For a 10 year old F-Body this car does show it's age in some places, but still looks, feels, and arguably quite relevant in today's day and age. Granted the mileage isn't even a shadow compared to newer cars but you have to ask "Self, why did I buy it?" However, I will say that if you want more than stock; be prepared to turn this car from stocker to rocker as in it's stock form this car is already stretching it's limits. But since when did anyone buy a muscle car and keep it stock?

Favorite Features

Exterior styling that is still arguably 'badass' and eye catching even with the introduction of the new Mustangs and Camaros. Cockpit feel which IMO was lost in the new Camaro. 6 speed T56 which is bulletproof. "Plantability" and solid driving feel. Traction Control for those stop light cop meets.

Suggested Improvements

Whatever you feel necessary. Personally I'd adjust the exhaust with some long tubes for better idle tone. Beyond dropping skip shift and exhaust mods, a beefed rear is a must when adding anything to the '305-320' horses available on tap. Lastly, for GM to stop underrating their cars.

Slammed and Cammed LS1
By Willy

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This is my third fbody and by far the fastest. I have modified the cars exhaust, intake, suspension, upgraded to a larger cam shaft, wheels, tires, 4.10 gears. To this day I am leaving cars 4-5 times its worth in the dust. I use it as a daily driver with a large cam and a very loud glasspack exhaust. The only problem the car has ever given me was a dead battery. It is an absolute thrill to drive and to this day still turns heads with its agressive black exterior and functional ram air hood. All the options still work, AC blows cold. Heater works unbelievably good. No oil leaks or burning. Seats are comfortable, even though the "leather" looks sort of plain. Over all this is a great car

Favorite Features

Very reliable, very fast and even faster when modified, great looks, great sound, handles good. Very sound car and wouldnt trade it for anything.

Suggested Improvements

Stock ride is awful compared to a lowered aftermarket ride. Sound system is decent but the speakers will crack eventually. Other then that no complaints.

Only, ok.
By Jim-Bob

2000 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

It was an ok car. Got me from point A to point B. Looks cool, but not enough power or look as cool as a Mustang, if it was the 5.7 that may be a different story (I still doubt it!) But even then the Firebird is way too wide making it impossible to park. Also, you can never see more than a foot of the hood. It always had computer problems and had to be taken to the shop constantly.

Favorite Features

T-tops, and pop up lights. Even though they're fun, they where just another thing to go wrong. ( And they did, the T-tops would leak at the car wash every time. Then the pop up lights broke a few times, and would not open.

Suggested Improvements

More power than a mere 200 hp., balance the rear end to the front end weight better (always struggled for grip, and could improve the 0 - 60) , shorten the mile long doors so you can get out in a parking lot. Don't have such a long dashboard, and don't make a hood you can only see 1/5 of.

I love my Trans Am!
By md4dmse

2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Convertible

I got this car before I got pregnant with twins, so it doesn't see as much use now as it used to. The WS6 coupled with the convertible was actually my dream car and I was amazed and thrilled when I got it! It has never disappointed me at all. At 8 years old with close to 90k, I've only replaced a wheel bearing and a window motor outside of regular maintenence. A pretty good record if you ask me. The gas mileage is unbelievable for this 5.7 too! I use Bosch platinum plugs and get over 30mpg when I keep the air filter clean. I have absolutely no complaints with this car after 4 and a half years of ownership, and I still drive it multiple times weekly even since the twins! Can't go wrong!

Favorite Features

The Hurst 6-speed, the growling exhaust (aftermarket), the absolute power, the "snotting" nose, the most comfortable leather seats ever, the aggressive stance, I just love this car!

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials (dash and trim panels), better trunk interior (very cheap and cheesy carpet, looked like it came out of my old Kia)