Used 1998 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

1998 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

Looks great, Expensive repairs.
By roseredm

1998 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Fun with the sports car look and a beautiful green/blue flake paint (chameleon.)I'm kind of small in stature and it was hard to see out of as the dash is tall and the nose of the car is long. Got some front nose scrapes from trying to turn tight. As soon as i buy this it starts turding on me with expensive repairs. AC compressor $500 and fuel pump failure $700. The fuel pump replacement is a nightmare. Must remove gas tank to get at. Sold it to a Firebird/Transam enthusiast who has much experience repairing them. It's not for the older mom (me) who lives on Social Security.

Absolutely the Best most Reliable car I ever owned
By Tammy Seekins

1998 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I'm the 2nd owner and I've had it for 11 years. Other than regular oil changes, replaced serpentine belt @ 140,000, replaced a/c compressor, 2 tune ups, 2 sets of tires and brakes twice oh and a head light or marker light once in awhile is all my car has required and I've driven it to South Carolina and back twice (from Vancouver,WA) and numerous trips back & forth to Seattle through the years. My husband wrecked it a few years ago that's the only reason it is being sold.

SMOKIN HOT!
By Johnnybegood

1998 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback

We purchased our 1998 Firebird from a friend who kept it in a barn in the winter and barely drove it in the summer. Only paid $4,500.00 for it and it is in mint condition. Fully loaded and faster than a raped ape. With this car you get the muscle, class and speed without having to pay a ridiculous price for a name. Especially one you can "blow away" LOL.

Acceleration, damn!

None from what I can see.

The hot rod has arrived!
By Mach 5

1998 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

This car is awesome! It is my first car and I would not trade it. there is zero room in the back. The T-tops are awesome, but they can get cumbersome and annoying to take out and put back in. But this car is Amazing, if you can, get the Ram Air version. This is a fun and sweet ride.

T-tops, sitting low, and the exterior look.

Change the interior to a bit more sporty appearance (Still an awesome car) Go Pontiac!

Awesome Car
By Zac Stark

1998 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I just got my bird about 3 months ago and I've fallen in love with it. I'm only 16 and this is already my second car. I love driving to school in this baby and watching all the heads turn as I pull in the lot. Going to the mall is now more about getting there than being there. The car is so much fun to drive. Taking corners at 70 mph as if I was only going 30. The feeling of power as the body shakes when revved up. It's muscle all the way. The inside is a little cramped though and the system sucks big time. Don't recommend for a taller person. The passenger seat is REALLY cramped with a small bump in the floor. All in all though it's a blast to drive and is a head turner.

Body Style, Power, Ram Air hood.