1998 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
SMOKIN HOT!
By Johnnybegood on 08/30/09 01:45 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

We purchased our 1998 Firebird from a friend who kept it in a barn in the winter and barely drove it in the summer. Only paid $4,500.00 for it and it is in mint condition. Fully loaded and faster than a raped ape. With this car you get the muscle, class and speed without having to pay a ridiculous price for a name. Especially one you can "blow away" LOL.

The hot rod has arrived!
By Mach 5 on 07/03/09 19:00 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

This car is awesome! It is my first car and I would not trade it. there is zero room in the back. The T-tops are awesome, but they can get cumbersome and annoying to take out and put back in. But this car is Amazing, if you can, get the Ram Air version. This is a fun and sweet ride.

Trans Am Ram Air
By tedmc on 06/13/08 06:18 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Love this car! Fun to drive and the 5.7 liter coupled with a six speed tranny is pure throwback American muscle. All the horsepower and torque of higher priced cars is readily available under your right foot! It's really hard to beat this car in the bang for your buck category.

Awesome Car
By Zac Stark on 03/29/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I just got my bird about 3 months ago and I've fallen in love with it. I'm only 16 and this is already my second car. I love driving to school in this baby and watching all the heads turn as I pull in the lot. Going to the mall is now more about getting there than being there. The car is so much fun to drive. Taking corners at 70 mph as if I was only going 30. The feeling of power as the body shakes when revved up. It's muscle all the way. The inside is a little cramped though and the system sucks big time. Don't recommend for a taller person. The passenger seat is REALLY cramped with a small bump in the floor. All in all though it's a blast to drive and is a head turner.

Big Lou's review
By lou on 08/23/07 22:03 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Convertible

Everything about this car is awesome. My gold WS6 T/A vert gets stared down by everyone in the city. The hood scoops and front end are the baddest of any car out there. The power and sound of this beast let you know that its a real muscle car. With 300hp at the rear wheels, this thing flies. It was disgustingly underrated by GM so that it wouldn't take sales from the vette, but in reality they have the same engine. 350hp would be more realistic. The chrome 17" wheels are the best looking stock rims i've ever seen. With almost 100,000 miles on it, nothing has gone wrong. Doing routine maintenance will hopefully keep this car running strong forever! Long live the Trans Am!

'98 Review
By justin lemhuis on 04/12/07 19:54 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Good horsepower, outruns most stock. Good buy vs any '93 to '02 Camaro, Firebird, and Mustang. Great style over all the others mild performance mods will crush the competition. The last Pontiac will ever make.

Just amazing!
By American Muscle on 03/31/07 09:32 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

Words cannot describe how truly amazing this car is. Having owned many other sport cars in the past I didn't think I was going to get much better. Boy was I wrong! The Formula has an extemely powerful LS1 engine which is the same engine in the Corvette. The engine is incredibly smooth and sounds great. Also, I get 26 miles per gallon highway! I ran 13.48 at 105mph (stock) and I have the conservative 2.73 gears in the rear end. I am not one to insult the inports but those cars (300zx turbo, 3000gt vr4 and rx7 turbo) have nothing on this car when it comes to straight line acceleration plus it handles very well. The only import car I would put up against it is a Supra TT. Drivers race!

cool car
By The trans am on 05/10/06 07:55 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I don't know what to say, it's a youth's car. it's very impressive. I race it on a drag track some time and it's a beast

98 Trans Am
By J Laack on 03/31/06 11:58 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I love the car! It's almost like my Vette but with a back seat!

Quite impressed
By ryanjm183 on 03/01/06 08:31 AM (PST)

1998 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

Even with the unfair advantage the my wife was supposed to buy a truck for me while I was in Iraq this car has impressed me. Being in siding and window sales I lacked space and often bottomed out the suspension while carrying a lot of samples. It is also difficult to get a child restraint in and out of the back seat. All in all I would have to give my Firebird an excellent rating and would recommend it to anyone without infant(s) and/or sells siding. I've only had it in the shop a couple times for minor repairs that I didn't have time to do myself.