Hard to find!
By 97WS.6 on
1997 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback
I was a part of the import craze, and had big plans for my little 4 banger. Then I ran into a mechanic that laughed at me for building a 4 cylinder motor. He then took me for a ride in his 1996 Trans Am. I then realized that torque is my friend. If you like torque, this is the car for you! The feeling of having sticky tires break loose on a hot day at your own will is something that isn't accomplished by the sub-par Ford counterparts. I love the car in every way, and will take it for a cruise just for fun. These cars look great and perform to match it straight from the factory.
Favorite Features
These cars a very intimidating. Do not get one if you are affraid of quick acceleration! I have taken many people for rides, and the most common comment is "I thought the front end was just going to lift off the ground!"
Suggested Improvements
The Optispark unit likes water as much as a vampire likes the sun, and then be prepared to pay $500 for the part from your local GM dealer. Other than that the only real weak point on the car is the stock 10 bolt, but that's fine as long as you don't go nuts with power adders.