Used 1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

TA
By guilt1

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in 2005 and have had very few problems with it. The car handles amazingly well. The engine runs strong and I haven't experienced any major issues with it yet. The 275 hp LT1 is a little down on horsepower, but that can be solved with just a few small and fairly cheap modifications. In my personal experience with the car, I find the more I do to it, the more it rewards me with better gas mileage, more horsepower, and more fun when I plant the gas pedal. The seats are comfortable even on fairly long drives. If your car has t-tops then I highly recommend getting T-top shades on hot summer days. This car is for sure one that I would like to keep around for the long run.

I would have to say that the LT1 engine would be my favorite part of this car. This engine has a lot of potential and should not be counted out in whatever setting you use it for... be it track, strip, or street use. The exteriors low and sinister stance doesn't hurt the car either.

If the Trans Am was still being made today I would recommend they add a little more storage to the interior, such as a place to put a cell phone or other small items. I would also suggest adding more cup holders, and putting them in different places, besides where you rest your elbow.

1995 Trans Am
By wager03

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This car is wonderful. It has everything you could want in a sports car. A big engine, great exterior looks, an old school exhaust tone. I have had this car since 2005 and haven't had any problems with it besides a speed sensor going out, and a minor oil leak due to the fact that the previous owner didn't tighten the oil pan enough. With improvements has only come better fuel mileage and more horsepower. The car handles extremely well even at high speeds giving a feeling of complete control to the driver. The 5.7 liter LT1 while underpowered if stock, has a lot of potential. It is a hard car to find parts for though, and because the engine area is so crowded it can be a hard car to work on

LT1 engine, body style, seating, handling, and all around dependability.

More places to put things such as cell phones and or other small items besides in the center console. Relocated cup holders... not to mention... more cup holders.

Can You Say Bye Bye?
By bjferge

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Convertible

I bought this almost 10yrs ago, and I'm still in love. The power, the performance and handling, you can not ask for better. It will blow the doors off on just about the road today. This car ain't a child's toy. Seats are great, but don't have a bad back. Hard to get out of.

My favorite thing about this car is how it looks. It demands respect on the road, and it can back it up. Been known to drag race few high performance cars. They haven't been able to touch the power of a LT1 350 Corvette engine.

The only thing I would wish for is a car higher off the ground. I hurt my back, and haven't been able to drive it. It's on it's way to be traded in on a SUV. CRY! CRY!

Great vehicle
By justinsissy1

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This is absolutely the funnest car i have ever owned. i just bought the car for $2700. It has 122,000 miles and is very good condition for the price i paid. Took it to the drag strip and run 15.3 1/4 mile and the car is BONE STOCK. absolutely nothing done to it but a tune up.(just plugs and wires, and oil change). I absolutely love this car. Very very good power to price ratio. I did have to put a right, rear wheel bearing in but i think that is just because the last owner run it a little hard.

love the body styling and the t tops are just wonderful. very strong running and handles very well.

interior design, window motors, and ride quality

Love It!
By Paul Wall

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Trans AM in October and the only thing that had to be replaced so far is a transmission bracket. i love driving my car and would recommend it to anyone who asks! The car had 85,000 miles on it when I bought it and gets around 18 mpg if you keep your foot out of it (which is much easier said than done). One thing that do not like is the lack of aftermarket visual parts for the car.

The strong 5.7 V8, comfortable seating, and the T-tops look great!

Better looking rims, more access to the engine compartment, and stronger sound system.