1995 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
TA
By guilt1 on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in 2005 and have had very few problems with it. The car handles amazingly well. The engine runs strong and I haven't experienced any major issues with it yet. The 275 hp LT1 is a little down on horsepower, but that can be solved with just a few small and fairly cheap modifications. In my personal experience with the car, I find the more I do to it, the more it rewards me with better gas mileage, more horsepower, and more fun when I plant the gas pedal. The seats are comfortable even on fairly long drives. If your car has t-tops then I highly recommend getting T-top shades on hot summer days. This car is for sure one that I would like to keep around for the long run.

1995 Trans Am
By wager03 on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This car is wonderful. It has everything you could want in a sports car. A big engine, great exterior looks, an old school exhaust tone. I have had this car since 2005 and haven't had any problems with it besides a speed sensor going out, and a minor oil leak due to the fact that the previous owner didn't tighten the oil pan enough. With improvements has only come better fuel mileage and more horsepower. The car handles extremely well even at high speeds giving a feeling of complete control to the driver. The 5.7 liter LT1 while underpowered if stock, has a lot of potential. It is a hard car to find parts for though, and because the engine area is so crowded it can be a hard car to work on

Great vehicle
By justinsissy1 on 04/16/08 23:13 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This is absolutely the funnest car i have ever owned. i just bought the car for $2700. It has 122,000 miles and is very good condition for the price i paid. Took it to the drag strip and run 15.3 1/4 mile and the car is BONE STOCK. absolutely nothing done to it but a tune up.(just plugs and wires, and oil change). I absolutely love this car. Very very good power to price ratio. I did have to put a right, rear wheel bearing in but i think that is just because the last owner run it a little hard.

Love It!
By Paul Wall on 03/27/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Trans AM in October and the only thing that had to be replaced so far is a transmission bracket. i love driving my car and would recommend it to anyone who asks! The car had 85,000 miles on it when I bought it and gets around 18 mpg if you keep your foot out of it (which is much easier said than done). One thing that do not like is the lack of aftermarket visual parts for the car.

Trans Am
By tafrenzy on 04/21/07 23:22 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This car is amazing, my Dad bought it in 1995 and after 12years in the house its been mine for 3 years. Its seating position is low and tiring for long rides but a car like this is meant for racing and the seats with regards to that are perfect. I got 305hp stock motor. It isnt driven in winter. It just won't go straight. Too powerful with low end torque. It still has 47670km on it. It's still brand new, black on black. It's a beautiful summer car. I wouldn't sell in another 50years. Nothing is wrong with it. So far the only thing we changed since we had it are the tires and oils. Other than that the original smell is in it. Beautiful car to have.

Best cheap speed around
By Curt on 05/29/06 22:49 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Best bang for your buck. It is truly the fastest thing out there for the price you pay. I love the way it looks and the performance. My car has blue/green chameleon paint and it is something to see. Not many other cars under 50K can outperform my Trans Am. Corvette comes to mind, but I can't think of any others. Will kick the crap out of mustangs any day of the week and you can take that to the bank. On the flip side, the fuel economy is poor. I get about 16 mpg on premium gas. The back seats do not offer much room at all. In the end, I you are looking for a cruiser and a way not to break the bank then the Trans Am is the car for you. The pros definitely out-weigh the cons.

The 95 Purple HAZE
By RedRocker on 05/21/06 21:03 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Bought my Purple T.A. for my 40th b-day it is my sixth Trans Am and by far the fastest 375 H.P.It has a few extras, headers, B&M short shift for the six speed, and a custom dash plate that illuminates shades of blue or gray, also (HAD) a K&N cold air filter system which took out my Distributor $1200 bucks on a trip to california when in New Mexico the filter fell out allowing the rain storm I was in to suck water up into the air system causing A TOTAL OF $2300.00 DAMAGE I DO NOT RECOMEND THE K&N COLD AIR FILTER SYSTEM FOR THESE CARS. If you are thinking about one spare no expense. MINES a 95 with only 65,000 miles as my friends say when they get in were is the ejection button and the harness.

Keeps on Ticking...
By TreyT on 12/27/05 15:59 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Well this is an update to a prior review of mine. I've owned this car for almost 3 years now. So far my list of repairs that are not routine are: Headlight Motor, Wheel Speed Sensor, Pinion Seal and a water pump. All in all not bad at all for having owned it for 3 years and put 35,000 miles on the car. It has been far more reliable than my mazda 626. Nearing 100,000 miles now and there is more windnoise and rattles than there used to be. I'm not looking forward to having to sell it in spring of 07. If you're looking for an F body buy one that has been well maintained. If taken care of they're very reliable, but if you get a bad one your life will be a livin hell as many can attest to.

I love trans ams!
By Curt on 08/22/05 17:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This is an excellent car to drive. I would recommend only to single people or couples, not families. Also, not a great car to lug around your friends. Despite the lack of space this car is definitely worth buying if you love speed. There are areas to improve, but for the cost I really can't give you a good reason not to buy one.

One BAD Bird
By BIG_Bird from NJ on 04/01/05 02:09 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Trans Am in 2002 and LOVE every time I drive it. It was my first sports car and will hopefully be my last. I put on a Powerdyne super charger, MAC headers, LT4 Hot Cams, 36 lbs fuel injectors, 58mm throttle body, and 3 T.V.s in it. This car has some serious horse power and is a head turner. The tinted windows give it an even better look. I'm so glad I didn't get a Mustang. All my friends like my car and want to buy it. Too bad I'm not selling it. I sure hope that GM is making some new ones even though they say they're not. If you don't have one of these go out and get one. My friends have the mustangs and EVERYONE thinks my car was better even before all the work I did.