Used 1995 Pontiac Firebird Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

1995 Pontiac Firebird

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

Love and Hate Relationship
By whitetree

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely loved this car. The interior is comfortable, the sound system is fantastic, and easily upgraded, and the T tops are awesome! Performance is a little lacking in the v6 model, but still fun. However it requires a lot of upkeep on a variety of parts and accessories. The worst part of this car, and ultimate reason I got rid of it is that every little thing you work on is a monumental task, especially when you need to get to the half the engine tucked under the dash.

Favorite Features

Beautiful body styling

Suggested Improvements

Power window motors are terrible, poor overall reliability, intolerable to work on.

Love it.
By Jon Bradley

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for almost a month now and I must say I absolutely love it. I bought it for $3500 with 164,000 miles. The previous owner (and only owner) loved this car very much! There isn't a scratch on it and the interior is better than most used vehicles I was looking at from the 2000s. I am 17 and this is my very first car, and I must say that this right now is my single most important material posession. The only thing I have had to fix on this vehicle was a bad brake light. The rest is basically like new.

Favorite Features

T-top, bright red leather interior, acceleration, and speed

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage stinks compared to today's standards.

Whitetree's Review
By whitetree_5

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

This car is lots of fun to drive, but completely impractical. I put this car through heavy use, but even taking this into consideration, the car is unreliable. Parts break on this thing left and right. If you want this car, be warned, it is beautiful but very high maintenance.

Favorite Features

The tee-tops, the cockpit style seating, and the peppy V-6.

Suggested Improvements

The overhanging firewall and the small engine compartment make repair incredibly difficult. This could also be solved if the car were more reliable.

First car
By Mitch

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I'm 18 years old and this is my first car. I think it's one the better looking cars you can buy. Runs great at 132,000 miles and doesn't burn oil. 0- 60 time is ok and nothing to brag about. so far ive got an cold air intake an a brand new flowmaster. It maxes out at 115 in fourth at 5500 rpms. A great car to start off with. I'm currently saving up for a Gto because 180hp is not enuff for me. need something that will lock me into the drivers seat not tap me. overall 8/10

Favorite Features

The hood, body style, seat comfort, decent acceleration, ok on gas if you keep it under 3000 rpms.

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes. posi standard. Hate doing 1 wheel burnouts. make better door lock buttons cause both broke.

New Owner
By GR

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I recently bought this car and it was exceptionally well kept cosmetically and poorly kept mechanically. I spent some time and money bringing it back from the dead, but it was well worth it. I now have a very sexy car that is both fun and easy to drive. The car handles very well, but the 160 HP 3.4 liter engine leaves the car notably underpowered, thought the 5-speed helps to make up for that a bit. The interior is well laid out and comfortable, though getting in and out can be a little awkward with the low profile. Exterior design flows nicely and really looks fast. All said; I really like it overall, but recommend the Formula if you want some power to go with the looks.

Favorite Features

I'm very fond of the radio controls on the steering wheel (this model) and the comfort of the seats is exceptional, especially for a sport design. I found that attention to detail is very good both inside and out. Accessory and trim fit are far better than average.

Suggested Improvements

I like what Pontiac did with it and with the exception of a 6 cylinder engine in a "performance" car I can't suggest improvements that wouldn't be strictly personal and disliked by others.