1995 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
Love and Hate Relationship
By whitetree on 05/16/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely loved this car. The interior is comfortable, the sound system is fantastic, and easily upgraded, and the T tops are awesome! Performance is a little lacking in the v6 model, but still fun. However it requires a lot of upkeep on a variety of parts and accessories. The worst part of this car, and ultimate reason I got rid of it is that every little thing you work on is a monumental task, especially when you need to get to the half the engine tucked under the dash.

Love it.
By Jon Bradley on 01/11/09 22:19 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for almost a month now and I must say I absolutely love it. I bought it for $3500 with 164,000 miles. The previous owner (and only owner) loved this car very much! There isn't a scratch on it and the interior is better than most used vehicles I was looking at from the 2000s. I am 17 and this is my very first car, and I must say that this right now is my single most important material posession. The only thing I have had to fix on this vehicle was a bad brake light. The rest is basically like new.

Whitetree's Review
By whitetree_5 on 01/14/07 00:46 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

This car is lots of fun to drive, but completely impractical. I put this car through heavy use, but even taking this into consideration, the car is unreliable. Parts break on this thing left and right. If you want this car, be warned, it is beautiful but very high maintenance.

First car
By Mitch on 05/20/06 21:11 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I'm 18 years old and this is my first car. I think it's one the better looking cars you can buy. Runs great at 132,000 miles and doesn't burn oil. 0- 60 time is ok and nothing to brag about. so far ive got an cold air intake an a brand new flowmaster. It maxes out at 115 in fourth at 5500 rpms. A great car to start off with. I'm currently saving up for a Gto because 180hp is not enuff for me. need something that will lock me into the drivers seat not tap me. overall 8/10

New Owner
By GR on 02/08/06 13:40 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I recently bought this car and it was exceptionally well kept cosmetically and poorly kept mechanically. I spent some time and money bringing it back from the dead, but it was well worth it. I now have a very sexy car that is both fun and easy to drive. The car handles very well, but the 160 HP 3.4 liter engine leaves the car notably underpowered, thought the 5-speed helps to make up for that a bit. The interior is well laid out and comfortable, though getting in and out can be a little awkward with the low profile. Exterior design flows nicely and really looks fast. All said; I really like it overall, but recommend the Formula if you want some power to go with the looks.

Fun to look at... THATS ABOUT IT!
By MattE on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

What a piece of junk! I bought this car as something to just goof around in because my everyday ride is a Ford F-150. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY! This car is in the shop every other week...It is not reliable at all! I admit that it is nice to look at, but it's just not worth anything.

My 2 Cents
By chris~~ on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car used in 97, still have it without any problems, just minor things. Only change oil, tires, 1 tune up and minor work on transmission, small leak. Gets good gas mileage and descently quick when you hit the gas and it sounds good, throaty when RPM's are up. It gets people's attention especially girls when driving around with T-Tops off.

my review
By popsawood on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I believe this is a good car but a lot slower than i expected. Even though it is a standard model with a manual transmission 5-speed, i did not notice it to be any faster than my previous car which was a 1989 pontiac 6000-LE.

It has been a dependable car
By Suzy67 on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used in 97 and wasn't sure how good it would be in the long run but was pleasantly surprised. I have had to have the fuel pump replaced,the alernator belt replaced a couple of times, and the egr valve replaced. That is it for major work. I read a couple of reviews that dogged this car and had to respond!! It has done me well! It has been an overall great car for me an has held on to is resale value well. I would reccomend it to anyone.

HATRED FOR THE FIREBIRD
By willson_slp on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I HATE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It breaks down constantly and is more of a burdon than a pleasure to own. Thank God they discontinued this car model. I made a huge mistake buying this car and if you are looking at one then cover your eyes. You'll thank me later.