1995 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
TA
By guilt1 on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in 2005 and have had very few problems with it. The car handles amazingly well. The engine runs strong and I haven't experienced any major issues with it yet. The 275 hp LT1 is a little down on horsepower, but that can be solved with just a few small and fairly cheap modifications. In my personal experience with the car, I find the more I do to it, the more it rewards me with better gas mileage, more horsepower, and more fun when I plant the gas pedal. The seats are comfortable even on fairly long drives. If your car has t-tops then I highly recommend getting T-top shades on hot summer days. This car is for sure one that I would like to keep around for the long run.

1995 Trans Am
By wager03 on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This car is wonderful. It has everything you could want in a sports car. A big engine, great exterior looks, an old school exhaust tone. I have had this car since 2005 and haven't had any problems with it besides a speed sensor going out, and a minor oil leak due to the fact that the previous owner didn't tighten the oil pan enough. With improvements has only come better fuel mileage and more horsepower. The car handles extremely well even at high speeds giving a feeling of complete control to the driver. The 5.7 liter LT1 while underpowered if stock, has a lot of potential. It is a hard car to find parts for though, and because the engine area is so crowded it can be a hard car to work on

Can You Say Bye Bye?
By bjferge on 07/09/10 00:05 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Convertible

I bought this almost 10yrs ago, and I'm still in love. The power, the performance and handling, you can not ask for better. It will blow the doors off on just about the road today. This car ain't a child's toy. Seats are great, but don't have a bad back. Hard to get out of.

Love and Hate Relationship
By whitetree on 05/16/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely loved this car. The interior is comfortable, the sound system is fantastic, and easily upgraded, and the T tops are awesome! Performance is a little lacking in the v6 model, but still fun. However it requires a lot of upkeep on a variety of parts and accessories. The worst part of this car, and ultimate reason I got rid of it is that every little thing you work on is a monumental task, especially when you need to get to the half the engine tucked under the dash.

1995 FireHawk
By Harley on 08/19/09 16:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

Purchased this for a fun summer car. 1 Owner Firehawk with all SLP options and 315 HP, 6 speed hurst along with the $1500 suspension option. Fast, Quick and currently less than 42000 miles. Keeping everything stock from now but hopefully this will be worth what I paid for it a few years down the road.

Firebirds rock!
By speed demon on 01/27/09 16:59 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Convertible

I had purchased this car from a friend who had it for a year before me. I have had only a few problems with this car. It has 162,000 miles and I have had to replace the optispark distributer and the powersteering pump, because the aluminum bracket that holds it got stripped. And the power door locks went out completely and the driver's side power window also went out. Other than that it has been great. I have owned it for more then two years and when I got the car it only had 112,000 miles. Other then the small squeaks that the body makes, the car is a blast to drive just watch out for cops. Very easy to be pulled over.

Love it.
By Jon Bradley on 01/11/09 22:19 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for almost a month now and I must say I absolutely love it. I bought it for $3500 with 164,000 miles. The previous owner (and only owner) loved this car very much! There isn't a scratch on it and the interior is better than most used vehicles I was looking at from the 2000s. I am 17 and this is my very first car, and I must say that this right now is my single most important material posession. The only thing I have had to fix on this vehicle was a bad brake light. The rest is basically like new.

95 fb
By Kyjimo on 05/14/08 05:34 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Convertible

I'm 20 and I bought a 95 fb convertible last year. It really ain't a bad car truthfully. I have had to do some repairs like a engine swap, power steering, headlight motor, ac, still need to do a convertible motor, and other odds and ends. Truthfully if the guy I bought it from might have taken care of it it would still be a nice car. Just wish it had better fuel mileage for it to not have as much power as it should

1995 formula
By qtrmlr on 05/12/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

Love this car. Everything is still tight & works, even with the miles it has now. Fun fun fun

Great vehicle
By justinsissy1 on 04/16/08 23:13 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

This is absolutely the funnest car i have ever owned. i just bought the car for $2700. It has 122,000 miles and is very good condition for the price i paid. Took it to the drag strip and run 15.3 1/4 mile and the car is BONE STOCK. absolutely nothing done to it but a tune up.(just plugs and wires, and oil change). I absolutely love this car. Very very good power to price ratio. I did have to put a right, rear wheel bearing in but i think that is just because the last owner run it a little hard.