Used 1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am - Consumer Reviews

Trans Am 5.7L V8 6-speed Manual - (7 reviews )

Great Car.
By 94TA6SPD

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Well, I was starting college and had saved up enough for a used car. Unlike all my friends, I was particular to the muscle car movement, so I looked for something with a V8 and RWD. I found my car which had some defects but was in pretty great shape for the price and age. I love driving it and have never been happier with a car. I love driving it and listen to the exhaust, "rumble, rumble, rumble, rumble, ROAAAAAR!"

6 Speed Manual, 350 LT1 V8, 3.42 gears, t-tops, Mods (long tube headers, custom y-pipe, Magnaflow exhaust, stage 2 clutch), powerful 8 speaker stereo system, etc.

Cup holder behind shifter, problems with window motors and A/C compressor.

American Muscle- Get one today!
By Gregg

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

These cars (Fbodys) are the best bang for your buck on the market, period! 94-97 Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am are great buys being anywhere from $3000- $7000 based on condition and mileage. 285hp 315ft lbs of torque and gets 25+ MPG on the highway. What more could you ask for?!?! Easily modified to reach 350+ HP reliably. Very few mechanical issues. As with any used car look for service and maintenence records to see how it was cared for.

Power. There is no replacement for displacement. It's an old saying and has never been more true.

Bring it back, and dont ruin it doing so. The concept Camaro is a tragedy.

My 4th and the best
By RJshaft

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I've always had the 6 cyl. Now the v-8 brings the raw excitement they lacked. Classic style will leave the future enthusiasts awing.

T-Tops

History will show best design over camaro and mustang.

fun but expensive
By pumpkin48

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

We bought our 94 in may of 05,its fast and alot of fun,but it broke down in july o5 and was very expensive to fix,the distributor cap and rotor are behind the waterpump and unless your a mechanic you need one to fix it. Other than that we love it and looking for lots of fun to come its a very fun car to drive whoa pony!Fast fast fast.

Car corners great at high speeds and rides really good on the road.The trans perform button is a real kicker

So far the only thing i can honestly say nagitive is the distributer issue bad idea what was ya thinkin?

MUSCLE CAR
By rjharried

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car w/ 18k miles in 1997, as of spring 2004 61k miles. I've replaced an alternator, battery, and driver side power window motor, and of course routine maintenance. otherwise, reliable, great runner, lots of fum