1994 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
Nickel and Dimed
By 94frbdrd94 on 03/30/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback

The car is overall a nice car for its time. However owning one today for me is very costly. I have more money in repairs than what the car is worth or what I paid for it and the car has under 60,000 miles. Maybe some last longer, but mine has been giving me grief ever since I owned it. Right now it is messed up and nobody has been able to figure out why. I'm tired of repairing things, and think I'm going to just sell it for a loss. I advise you to look into the reliability of these cars before purchasing. Some can last a long time, but mine has been horrible. I got to know a few mechanics well unfortunately.

Couldn't buy this car from me.
By Firebirds Rule on 04/11/08 12:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

This is by far the best and most fun car Ive driven. I've added K&N air intake and flowmaster exhaust, tinted the windows extremely dark, and added chrome rims and performance tires. Just added a top notch sound system, replaced everything, and I couldn't be happier with the car. It may have a TMV of $2300, or whatever, but there is no way I'd sell it for triple that. I would drive this car every mile for the rest of my life if I could, unfortunately there is no car that lasts that long.

Been a good car
By Bob on 05/22/06 15:39 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my car for about 4 years now. So far I have added a lot of mods to make it faster and the LT1 responds very well to simple bolt ons. This car is a lot of fun to drive but can be dangerous in the rain. I would suggest you learn how to do all the repairs yourself if you intend to buy one of these cars since I consider the majority of shops to be scam artists. If you want to learn more about the Pontiac Firebird, all Generations, come check out FirebirdNation.com

Great car
By tom on 04/04/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Bought the car 5 years ago with 50k miles. Now has 120k. No major problems during that time - just a bad alternator and a water pump that I replaced. The only real maintenance I've done is change the oil every 5k miles with mobil1 synthetic. The clutch feels like it's finally wearing out and I'll probably need to replace it soon. The 3.4L v6 (160hp) isn't exactly fast, but isn't slow either. Seems just as fast as when I first drove it. Great car and seems like it will last up to 200k miles with no real problems. Gets gas mileage around 19mpg city and 30mpg on long trips.

Who'dve Thunk It?
By Robpat on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for quite a while now. I have 164,000 miles on the original engine. Although repairs on this car are pricy, I haven't experienced many at all. I had to have the catalytic converter changed ($1,100) and the muffler. I put a flowmaster on it which really makes it sound awesome. My 5.7L V8 will still kick you back into the seat if you step on it, and delivers about 23 mpg.

good car
By smiller on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

i bought the car used it now has 171000 mile on the car and it still looks and run excellent

firebird
By memyself and me also on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

great car, only had a few problems with it, but nothing to complain about with a 10 year old car. I can throw it around beat it up and it will still run like a charm. Only problem is that it eats gas, but the tourq will throw you in the back of your seat

A great car!
By hbk_bkk on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

The Firebird I have has never give me any trouble. However I recently reached the 112,000 mile mark... and it is in the shop. It ran good for 112K miles!

this car rocks!!!!!
By pdzag on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback

I've had a 75 trans am,a 72 z-28,a 74 cuda;built,countless other cars but overall this is the fastest,smoothest,fun to drive car I've ever owned.It's the next best thrill to ridin' my Harley.

watch out
By gpsmooth on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Hatchback Formula 2dr Hatchback

be careful of this car. i had a blown moter at 70000 miles. it was nothing i did to it, it was a mechanical defect. it is the most expensive car i've ever had to fix. a distributer cap on other cares cost between 10 or 20 dollars, on this car it costs over 300, and you have to take the water pump off to change it. would not recommend car, for the amount of money you will spend in repairs, you could own a lexus