Used 1994 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:

Great Car.
By 94TA6SPD

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Well, I was starting college and had saved up enough for a used car. Unlike all my friends, I was particular to the muscle car movement, so I looked for something with a V8 and RWD. I found my car which had some defects but was in pretty great shape for the price and age. I love driving it and have never been happier with a car. I love driving it and listen to the exhaust, "rumble, rumble, rumble, rumble, ROAAAAAR!"

6 Speed Manual, 350 LT1 V8, 3.42 gears, t-tops, Mods (long tube headers, custom y-pipe, Magnaflow exhaust, stage 2 clutch), powerful 8 speaker stereo system, etc.

Cup holder behind shifter, problems with window motors and A/C compressor.

Nickel and Dimed
By 94frbdrd94

1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

The car is overall a nice car for its time. However owning one today for me is very costly. I have more money in repairs than what the car is worth or what I paid for it and the car has under 60,000 miles. Maybe some last longer, but mine has been giving me grief ever since I owned it. Right now it is messed up and nobody has been able to figure out why. I'm tired of repairing things, and think I'm going to just sell it for a loss. I advise you to look into the reliability of these cars before purchasing. Some can last a long time, but mine has been horrible. I got to know a few mechanics well unfortunately.

Decent looking, fun to drive

more reliable, seems to combine a lot of bad ideas to me in the design

Love our 25th Anniversary Trans Am
By Tom

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 25th Anniversary 2dr Coupe

Great car. Always fun to drive. Bought new for my wife - she loved it (but said it took a while to get used to all the looks from others). Very dependable. Surprises others that it does so well in snow. Almost 15 years old and it still attracts "The Look" from people. My son might die if we ever sold it.

Performance and road handling, even in bad weather.

Lower insurance cost.

Couldn't buy this car from me.
By Firebirds Rule

1994 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

This is by far the best and most fun car Ive driven. I've added K&N air intake and flowmaster exhaust, tinted the windows extremely dark, and added chrome rims and performance tires. Just added a top notch sound system, replaced everything, and I couldn't be happier with the car. It may have a TMV of $2300, or whatever, but there is no way I'd sell it for triple that. I would drive this car every mile for the rest of my life if I could, unfortunately there is no car that lasts that long.

The look is what originally drew me in to the Firebird, the performance is what pulled money outta my pocket. I love the feel of driving it, the wheel, the seat, everything.

The only thing I would change is the ability to have a power sunroof installed. I would've had one about ten years ago if it was possible.

American Muscle- Get one today!
By Gregg

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

These cars (Fbodys) are the best bang for your buck on the market, period! 94-97 Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am are great buys being anywhere from $3000- $7000 based on condition and mileage. 285hp 315ft lbs of torque and gets 25+ MPG on the highway. What more could you ask for?!?! Easily modified to reach 350+ HP reliably. Very few mechanical issues. As with any used car look for service and maintenence records to see how it was cared for.

Power. There is no replacement for displacement. It's an old saying and has never been more true.

Bring it back, and dont ruin it doing so. The concept Camaro is a tragedy.