1994 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
Great Car.
By 94TA6SPD on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Well, I was starting college and had saved up enough for a used car. Unlike all my friends, I was particular to the muscle car movement, so I looked for something with a V8 and RWD. I found my car which had some defects but was in pretty great shape for the price and age. I love driving it and have never been happier with a car. I love driving it and listen to the exhaust, "rumble, rumble, rumble, rumble, ROAAAAAR!"

Nickel and Dimed
By 94frbdrd94 on 03/30/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

The car is overall a nice car for its time. However owning one today for me is very costly. I have more money in repairs than what the car is worth or what I paid for it and the car has under 60,000 miles. Maybe some last longer, but mine has been giving me grief ever since I owned it. Right now it is messed up and nobody has been able to figure out why. I'm tired of repairing things, and think I'm going to just sell it for a loss. I advise you to look into the reliability of these cars before purchasing. Some can last a long time, but mine has been horrible. I got to know a few mechanics well unfortunately.

Love our 25th Anniversary Trans Am
By Tom on 03/21/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 25th Anniversary 2dr Coupe

Great car. Always fun to drive. Bought new for my wife - she loved it (but said it took a while to get used to all the looks from others). Very dependable. Surprises others that it does so well in snow. Almost 15 years old and it still attracts "The Look" from people. My son might die if we ever sold it.

Couldn't buy this car from me.
By Firebirds Rule on 04/11/08 12:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

This is by far the best and most fun car Ive driven. I've added K&N air intake and flowmaster exhaust, tinted the windows extremely dark, and added chrome rims and performance tires. Just added a top notch sound system, replaced everything, and I couldn't be happier with the car. It may have a TMV of $2300, or whatever, but there is no way I'd sell it for triple that. I would drive this car every mile for the rest of my life if I could, unfortunately there is no car that lasts that long.

American Muscle- Get one today!
By Gregg on 11/15/07 13:10 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

These cars (Fbodys) are the best bang for your buck on the market, period! 94-97 Camaro, Firebird, Trans Am are great buys being anywhere from $3000- $7000 based on condition and mileage. 285hp 315ft lbs of torque and gets 25+ MPG on the highway. What more could you ask for?!?! Easily modified to reach 350+ HP reliably. Very few mechanical issues. As with any used car look for service and maintenence records to see how it was cared for.

My Personal Batmobile
By Batmobile on 07/09/07 20:31 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Firebird Trans Am GT for 13 years. Powerful, fun and more power than I should have. Doesn't fit in with transporting kids, though I used to have the childcare seat in the backseat. Few repairs (muffler, radiator) and great value. The 8 cyl 5.7L will spin out still on too strong an acceleration while on a curve or a curve with wet road while punching it. Nothing beats the sound of the engine idling. Low gas mileage, but better than my GMC Envoy. Point of nose is so far forward and out of driver's vision that it is forever getting dinged and dented. Wider than one would expect.

My Bluebird runs perfect!
By Fire_birdLover87 on 11/16/06 09:43 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Convertible

I've had my car for about 11 mos now and the only problem that occurred was the thermostat needed replacing along with the water pump. (If your car overheats try troubleshooting those first.) The car could use better gas mileage, but whatever. I love it and will most likely be the owner of a firebird,trans am, or formula for a while...

Been a good car
By Bob on 05/22/06 15:39 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my car for about 4 years now. So far I have added a lot of mods to make it faster and the LT1 responds very well to simple bolt ons. This car is a lot of fun to drive but can be dangerous in the rain. I would suggest you learn how to do all the repairs yourself if you intend to buy one of these cars since I consider the majority of shops to be scam artists. If you want to learn more about the Pontiac Firebird, all Generations, come check out FirebirdNation.com

My 4th and the best
By RJshaft on 12/11/05 22:03 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I've always had the 6 cyl. Now the v-8 brings the raw excitement they lacked. Classic style will leave the future enthusiasts awing.

fun but expensive
By pumpkin48 on 08/13/05 13:04 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

We bought our 94 in may of 05,its fast and alot of fun,but it broke down in july o5 and was very expensive to fix,the distributor cap and rotor are behind the waterpump and unless your a mechanic you need one to fix it. Other than that we love it and looking for lots of fun to come its a very fun car to drive whoa pony!Fast fast fast.