1991 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
Love my Bird
By Kelly on 05/26/09 12:33 PM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA 2dr Hatchback

I bought my GTA when it was less than a year old and been in love with it ever since. I had an 86 Firebird that I liked but it is no comparison to this baby. The V-8 engine is a must in a car like this as well as the manual transmission, no automatic here. My bird has been neglected for the last couple of years but is not in the process of coming back from the ashes to his former magnificence.

Can't Complain
By regal15m on 05/14/08 17:43 PM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA 2dr Hatchback

I really can't complain about the TA GTA. I got a great car for the price I paid for it.($250) It has awesome handling for a car with the power plant it has under the hood.(5.0 TPI) You stomp the gas, you are gonna go. The only really big complaint I have with it is that it doesn't handle too well on rain slicked roads.

Fire Chicken
By Casey on 03/06/07 08:57 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

i have owned 2 third gen firebirds, and i would buy another. there is no sexier car out there. other than e-tests, i have had no problems with my 91 formula. the 4l60 is probably the best transmission i've ever had. i have no complaints whatsoever. P.S this car is well worth the fuel!

1991 T.A. review
By ryan on 02/12/07 17:58 PM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

it's my first car that i have bought. mine has the 5.0 305. in my opinion it has enough power although i wouldn't mind the 350. i paid $500 for it and it only has small problems. it had been sitting for a few years before i bought. So i can honestly say it's built well.

15 years and still going...
By Cindy Silka on 07/18/06 06:31 AM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

We bought this car new in 91,and put it up every winter. Couldn't wait to get it out in the spring. I think the worst thing is having it sit in the garage for months and having things dry out from not being used, which I believe led to a few repairs. I still love to drive it and can't seem to part with it.

Owning the dream
By Craig Robson on 05/26/06 09:28 AM (PDT)

1991 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

I had always dreamed of owning a 3rd Gen Bird.I finally bought the 5.0 V8 last year. It doesn't dissapoint. Although it has cost a fortune to restore the rewards are great. I havent come across a single person who isn't in love with the looks. A classic and timeless design which is admired everywhere it goes. The V8 sounds sweet and had enough torque to pin you to the seat.I went through my first set of rear tires in a little under a month. Talk about seeing money go up in smoke !! I would recommend this car to anyone. Just make sure your wallet can keep up with the car. It makes me smile and scares the hell out of any passenger. Truly Awesome.

1991 Pontiac Trans Am 5.7 ltr. V8
By LuckyGrady on 01/12/06 15:27 PM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Incredibly Fun Vehicle to turn the key in...I have added Flowmaster Mufflers and a Fuel Flow chip to increase the Fuel economy and give me more torque to rear end. Nice Car!The Mustang 5.0 Eater.

1991 Trans Am
By Larry Zidek on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Convertible

I absolutely loved my Trans Am convertible. It was the first car I purchased by myself, for myself; and rode like a dream. Though the performance as compared to todays cars was a little lackluster, it was as close to a real sports car in its technicval simplicity and handling as one could get. The styling is second to none and it always turned heads no matter where I went.

This is awsome car, i love it
By Jace Sanders on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

The v6 is a downpoint but its an awsome looking car.

King of the Road
By Darth Lotus on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

best car ever made. I swear that jesus himself designed this car. I would die for this car(carjackers beware)