1990 Pontiac Firebird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Firebird model:
A great experience
By groupb on 02/16/12 20:44 PM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 2.8 V6 brand new in 1988, it was the only manual transmission they had on the lot in Phoenix. The stick helps the acceleration dramatically. A chip didn't bring much improvment. The AC was great and needed in AZ when I moved to the NW the lack of a rear defroster was felt immediately. Car looked awesome when new, great now. 1988 cars if still on the road look outdated, not the Firebird. It was my daily driver for many years. Once I got more cars, and the Firebird was parked for extended periods, problems began, now I fixed them and try to rotate my cars so all get street time. 4 studded tires was the only way to drive in the snow. Love it today just as much as I did 24 years ago

I miss my Firebird
By gr1mhunt3r on 03/07/11 07:50 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

I had a 1990 Firebird with the small 3.1 v6 and preferred the styling and handling over my 1992 Camaro z28 5.7 liter. It does not have good acceleration with the v6 but has amazing sound, comfort and control. The overall interior and exterior design was the best of any car I've seen (other than early Challengers) and was fun to drive even though it couldn't go nearly as fast as the Camaro.

Major Bang for the Buck!!! I LOVED IT!!!
By JTV on 11/06/09 12:43 PM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

I have had the pleasure of owning several versions of GM's popular Firebird/Camaro platforms. All from 1985 thru 1990. I loved each one in there own right, but the one I really do miss is my white 1990 Pontiac Firebird Formula 5.7 liter. It was fully loaded with every option in the book.power windows,power locks,cruise control,power hatch release,anti lock brakes,climate control, T-Tops, TPI 5.7 liter engine, 700R4 transmission, disc brakes, and posi rear. It was a great daily driver with awesome reliability and power. I could work on it in my driveway with basic tools and a general maintanence manual from your local auto parts store. It was a perfect mix of power and comfort for daily use.

Love my sexy car!
By Stephanie on 03/19/09 20:53 PM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

This car is not only sexy and fun to drive, but screams off the line. I have the V8 and can smoke most newer cars out there. Love the T-Tops in the summer time, def a head turner.

What a fun car?
By the bandit on 04/23/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

Picking up chicks, roaring on main street, gliding threw the curvy back roads like a magic carpet. only a few thing that these car do excellently. most of the v8 Firebirds and Camaros have been BEATEN!!! and are now rusted and have more parts around them on the lawn than in them. If you want a car to burn the rubber off the wheels and leave a strip on the pavement get one with a v8 in it already (specifically a 350 (5.7 L) not a 305 (5.0 L) but if you want a car that you can say "I made this car the way it is" get a v6 (which will not been beaten!!!) and take the time and money to get a great engine and drop it in. the parts that these cars came with were not specifically made for performance

Firebirds
By 86firebird305 on 10/26/07 05:49 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

I love my Firebird. It's awesome looking. It's fun to drive and it's a muscle car. It's got a 305 and is quick! It's awesome.

1990 Pontiac Firebird Formula V8 5.0
By LD on 08/07/07 00:08 AM (PDT)

1990 Pontiac Firebird Formula 2dr Hatchback

The most reliable car I ever had! Made 4 cross-country trips, 9,000 miles each and never let me down. Looks just as good now as the 1st day I bought it! Keeps up with the new imports and leaves the Mustangs in the dust too. Starts in all weather conditions, 120 degrees and 30 below. Very aero-dynamic.

350 F-Body Review
By mindy shorr on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA 2dr Hatchback

this unit is super quick, fast and strong. remember, a poor or moderate comfort quality rating is a desirable quality in a performance car. the 1990-'92 350 f-body may be the best of all four generations. it produces 340/345 lb/ft of tourqe in standard form.

Not Bad
By Jimmy Jim Jim on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

Its a nice car unless you live in the north. Park it during the winter because these beasts don't move in snow. They have good power and are very fun to drive but they don't get the highway mileage as some of the smaller cars. (mine gets about 15 city and 20 highway) They're a nice toy for summer but unless you have a team of guys in the trunk with shovels and sand you aren't going anywhere in the winter.

Still love this car
By bcroft on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Pontiac Firebird 2dr Hatchback

Even at over 150,000 miles, this car still is reliable and fun to drive. If you're looking for an incredibly good value in a used car, look no further. The only cons are the dated styling and the standard sports car problem -- small back seats. But let me say that this car can transport a LOT of stuff when you put down the rear seats -- more than probably 80% of other cars. Skis and snowboards, christmas trees, and all the groceries for a large house party were transported in this surprisingly versitile car.