2005 Pontiac Bonneville 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

GXP Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Been Everything I Wanted...Almost
By nickf1995 on 01/11/15 21:29 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the car that I wanted since 7th grade, and finally this past May I had the opportunity to purchase one! I absolutely love the styling, particularly on the exterior. The pearl white shimmers in the sun and is gorgeous to look at. The tan interior is great as well, although I have been a bit disappointed with some of the material qualities, particularly on the ceiling panel and dashboard. I bought the car with 63,000 miles and have put on another 3,000 to date. Other than a couple of major repairs up front (engine mount and instrument panel) this car has been practically problem free. I love the power and handling and plan on keeping it for a very long time!

Love-Hate Relationship
By andacious on 12/17/14 20:11 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

To start, I love Bonnevilles. I owned a '98 Bonnie all through high school and college and it served me well. Bought this GXP once I graduated, and its definitely a love-hate relationship. As far as style, this car has it. Interior, exterior, handling, performance - all fantastic. However, the biggest issue I have with this car is the reliability. I bought it with 64k on it and in 2.5 years I'm at 83k and have put over $8,000 worth or repairs into it (I have a warranty). There is no way that it should need this many repairs when its just a daily driver with less than 10k a year.

Love this car
By D J McCue on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this GXP in Feb 2005; actually bought it for my wife; not only does she love it , but I like to drive it; I grew up in the muscle car era and this reminds me of it. Love the Northstar V8. The car has been very reliable with decent mileage considering the power available City 14.5/Highway about 23. Love the HUD, memory driver features(seats & mirror, plus radio. Ours is Black with Grey interior; it's a real head turner. The car is garage kept and has very low mileage (driven to/from grocery store by a little old lady; we are in our late 60s). Her previous car was a 1996 T-Top Camaro RS, with 3.8L V-6, also low mileage, 10 years, 34,000. We plan on keeping the GXP a Long time!

Bonneville Good But Bad
By fig newton on 03/06/10 07:48 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

GPX is a great car, but if you buy a used one please get a 0 deductible warranty. Have had $6000.00 of work done. lucky all but about $800 was covered (Shocks and brake-not covered), all problems caught by dealer during normal maintenance. The problems,oil and H2O leaks, rear drive problem, Onstar/radio, control for heat and air condition, wheel bearings eta. I have one year left on warranty- lucky me.

We love this car
By D McCue on 08/14/09 12:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this car in Feb 2005; we have had abolutely no troubles with it. It is fun to drive, reminds me somewhat of the muscle car era I grew up in with a touch of class & luxury. Ours is Black with gray/black leather interior. We get the oil changed every 4-5 months as we don't drive a lot of miles, pleasure only, three vacation trips of 1,500-1,600 miles or so included in the 14,700 now on the car. Actually it is my wife's car; her previous car was a 34,000 mile, T-Top 1996 Camaro; she didn't drive that one much either; about 6 vacation trips in that car; it had the 3000 V-6

Great Bonnie!
By DMP on 03/19/09 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased as a demo in 2007 with 21K kliks as a replacemennt for my 94 SLE (nice car); Now at 53K. Daily driver for mostly city driving. I love the styling - stealth-look black exterior turns heads and clears traffic on the highway. Interior is comfortable for my tall frame. Excellent ride. The GXP is very thristy; in keeping with the performance image the final drive was raised to 3.7 which drops the mileage by about 20% over other NorthStar equipped cars.

By Sonny on 02/19/08 07:46 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My GXP is a head turner with wht/gold tricoat paint. Fuel economy is poor in city driving, but performance and styling outweighs this big gas guzzling sedan.

2005 Pontiac GXP
By Mike Wandell on 12/19/07 13:35 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I really love this car, I am in sales and drive it all over. It has all comfort I need and the the power when needed. I almost traded it in about 6 months ago on a Cadillac CTS. I took the Cadillac back and got my Pontiac back. The Cadillac was not as good as the Pontiac. It's just a lot of fun to drive, at night the dash looks an airplane cockpit.

Bring back the Pontiac Bonneville!
By S. Dodson on 11/09/07 18:04 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Many heads turn when I drive by. The attention could be because of the sexy, throaty sound from the exhaust, or the look-alike lines of a NASCAR racing body. I've been asked what kind of car it and in the same breath ask, "is it a Pontiac". Then they say, "nice looking car". The lighted dashboard at night looks like the cockpit of a 747 - love it! I can only wish that the Bonneville will return in great splendor; otherwise, I must go the way of Dodge -- Charger that is.

Great car
By sharon on 07/12/07 10:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For the price this car beats everything sports luxury car on the road. Great power. Has features that of luxury cars $10k more in price. Handles great. Large trunk and very comfortable seating. Like it so much I decided to purchase it at the end of lease. Can't find anything comparable in its price range. Excellent safety rating. Bring back the GXP!