2005 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Love this car
By D J McCue on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this GXP in Feb 2005; actually bought it for my wife; not only does she love it , but I like to drive it; I grew up in the muscle car era and this reminds me of it. Love the Northstar V8. The car has been very reliable with decent mileage considering the power available City 14.5/Highway about 23. Love the HUD, memory driver features(seats & mirror, plus radio. Ours is Black with Grey interior; it's a real head turner. The car is garage kept and has very low mileage (driven to/from grocery store by a little old lady; we are in our late 60s). Her previous car was a 1996 T-Top Camaro RS, with 3.8L V-6, also low mileage, 10 years, 34,000. We plan on keeping the GXP a Long time!

love it - style, performance, economy
By clevelandbonneville on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great. I bought with 90K. It now has 102K. I love the style. Very stylish car. Its big!! Its comfy. It has a very quiet cabin. The gm 3.8 is an amazing engine. Actually got 30 mpg when doing a highway trip of 480 miles. with 16 gallons of gas. It has a big gas tank at 18 gallons. Don't need to fill up much. Normal MPG is about 25 with highway/city mix and not winter out. One problem it died on me on the freeway. Kinda scary. It was the Mass airflow sensor. It happened out of nowhere. No engine lights. I would replace this at 100k miles or sooner. That's when it died on me. Besides for that no problems. You can probably have autozone replace for you.

Amazing underrated car
By clevelandbonneville on 04/07/10 05:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So far owned for 3,000 miles. I got this beautiful car for a bargain price with 90k miles. It drives like it has 30k miles. I've gotten between 23 and 27 mpg per tank so far. Nothing has broken except for a burned out head- light bulb. Very smooth torquey engine with silky smooth shifting transmission. Lots of style. More style than all the imports for sure. I love the look from the back and side especially. Only cool Chryslers and Dodge's have more style but they are troublesome. This car feels heavy and well-built and safe. Nice looking interior with a large trunk and back seat. This car is big and a bit tricky to maneuver in parking lots and city but its a dream on the freeway.

Bonneville Good But Bad
By fig newton on 03/06/10 07:48 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

GPX is a great car, but if you buy a used one please get a 0 deductible warranty. Have had $6000.00 of work done. lucky all but about $800 was covered (Shocks and brake-not covered), all problems caught by dealer during normal maintenance. The problems,oil and H2O leaks, rear drive problem, Onstar/radio, control for heat and air condition, wheel bearings eta. I have one year left on warranty- lucky me.

Awesome Vehicle, Bring it back!
By jdkan1 on 10/27/09 11:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Well, about one month after we purchased the car, it had a recall on a steering linkage. Since then (it now has over 100,000 miles on it) it is going strong. Good mileage (20 in town 29 on the road). Bullet proof 3800 Series II engine. Only the normal wear and replace things such as tires and brakes. We just did the first tune up and are getting ready to replace shocks, struts, coolant flush and refill, new surpentine belt and transmission service, hope for another 100,000 out of it! One of the best cars we've ever owned for durability and comfort.

We love this car
By D McCue on 08/14/09 12:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this car in Feb 2005; we have had abolutely no troubles with it. It is fun to drive, reminds me somewhat of the muscle car era I grew up in with a touch of class & luxury. Ours is Black with gray/black leather interior. We get the oil changed every 4-5 months as we don't drive a lot of miles, pleasure only, three vacation trips of 1,500-1,600 miles or so included in the 14,700 now on the car. Actually it is my wife's car; her previous car was a 34,000 mile, T-Top 1996 Camaro; she didn't drive that one much either; about 6 vacation trips in that car; it had the 3000 V-6

Great Bonnie!
By DMP on 03/19/09 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased as a demo in 2007 with 21K kliks as a replacemennt for my 94 SLE (nice car); Now at 53K. Daily driver for mostly city driving. I love the styling - stealth-look black exterior turns heads and clears traffic on the highway. Interior is comfortable for my tall frame. Excellent ride. The GXP is very thristy; in keeping with the performance image the final drive was raised to 3.7 which drops the mileage by about 20% over other NorthStar equipped cars.

I Love my Pontiac Bonneville
By Mary Ann on 02/08/09 19:48 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 1995 Bonneville and with it's mileage at 128,000 I knew it would last much longer but in 2005 they made the last one so I had to make a decision and decided to get the 2005. I absolutely love it. Can't say enough about it. I can go a week on a tank - it gets me about 26 miles/gallon around town and to work. It's comfortable to drive and even spend time in parked watching movies on a dvd player/doing computer work, etc. Love it ! Bring it back so in ten years I can buy another! GM must be slowing down selling cars because they are lasting longer!

Only Bonnevilles for me! Bring it back!
By mary ann on 07/21/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 1995 Bonneville that I loved. I was getting to the point of considering a newer car and when I heard they were discontinuing the Bonneville, I had to track a leftover down! I love my 2005. It has the coolest interior - a cockpit style and it very comfortable to drive. I have to make a lot of 6 hour round trip drives and I love my Bonneville! I keep my cars about 10 years so I hope by 2016, they're making Bonnevilles again - without changing a lot about them!

By Sonny on 02/19/08 07:46 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My GXP is a head turner with wht/gold tricoat paint. Fuel economy is poor in city driving, but performance and styling outweighs this big gas guzzling sedan.