Used 2004 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Always been a GM guy
By shakenbake88

2004 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

IMHO i would stay away from these cars as they are nothing but an electrical nightmare. The car is less then 9 years old and have spent ridiculous amounts of coin on it. The computer was replaced, and programed by dealer, with less then 120,000 km. and i still have the engine light going off. Dropped the transmission with less then 160, 000 mostly highway kms. Cracked the plastic plentum on the the engine with just over 130, 000km. Who thought of that, plastic on top of a hot engine! The design flaws are endless.

In truth I really liked this car. It looks great handles well, good fuel millage..........but the biggest money pit i have ever owned.

Do your research before purchasing your next set of wheels Everyone I know who has one, has givin up and sold it, or junked it. Always been a GM guy, but things have changed Don't buy this car, you will be sorry

Hey It's A Pontiac! What Can I Say?
By evnsptc

2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I ordered this car brand new to my specifications (Cranberry Red, Tan Heated Leather, Moonroof, Monsoon Audio, 12 Disc CD Player, otherwise came with everything standard) This car is my absolute favorite out of the 4 Pontiac's I own (00' GP GT sedan, 01' GP GTP Special Edition Coupe, 04' Bonny GXP and 07' GP GT) It by far has the best steering/braking/suspension! The 4.6L Northstar V8 is super powerful but leaves me with a little more power being desired (Because of the fact that GM has the 2.0T and 3.6L which make about the same power). The exhaust sound is magnificent. I don't even know where to start about the looks of this car because it is super hot! Mine has 27K miles and is reliable.

Heads Up Display, 12 Disc CD Player, Monsoon Audio, Northstar V8, Seating, Humongous Trunk, Spacious Backseat, Rear Hvac, Factory 18' Brushed Aluminum 5 Spoke Rims, etc. Oh and the reliability of a Pontiac!

The 4-Speed transmission should have been a 6-Speed. The Northstar V8 could have had some extra power, I wish GM put Active Fuel Management in this engine for better fuel economy.

GXP Review
By redgxp

2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2004 after seeing it at a local car show i fell in love with it .. as of today 3/6/2012 i only have 45k on it it has been a wonderful car ive done nothing to it just a onstar upgrade and new tires still on same brakes and oil changes at local dealer

i love the HUD. over all i love the car

Only thing i would suggest is to have a lower skirt on front and a hood with the ram air hood scoops other then that it looks awesome

Things you should know
By Vicky

2004 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned two Bonnevilles and 2001 and now and 04. My daughter owns an 04 also and my mom owns the 01. The cluster has stopped working on all three of them. My transmission fell out at 42,000 miles. I have had other problems as well. I paid a lot of money for my car and feel like I was cheated. Other than all of the problems, the car is beautiful and rides nice.

None since they don't make the Bonnevilles anymore.

Love it
By Matt

2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research about this car before I decided to buy. Great ride and drive. Seats are as comfy as you will find. Great car all around, one of very few cars that is comfy on a long trip. Fuel Mileage is about 20.5 on a long trip with cruise at 75.

V8 engine. Great sound when just idling along with driving. Seats are super comfy. Dash is awesome at night. Overall one of nicest cars I've ever driven.

A lot of people boast about the stereo. Don't get me wrong its good, just doesn't blow you away. Only thing i HATE about this car is there is not very much "junk storage" room (only 2 cup holders which usually have something in both of them and one little ash tray).