2004 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Always been a GM guy
By shakenbake88 on 11/24/13 19:56 PM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

IMHO i would stay away from these cars as they are nothing but an electrical nightmare. The car is less then 9 years old and have spent ridiculous amounts of coin on it. The computer was replaced, and programed by dealer, with less then 120,000 km. and i still have the engine light going off. Dropped the transmission with less then 160, 000 mostly highway kms. Cracked the plastic plentum on the the engine with just over 130, 000km. Who thought of that, plastic on top of a hot engine! The design flaws are endless.

Hey It's A Pontiac! What Can I Say?
By evnsptc on 10/27/13 19:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I ordered this car brand new to my specifications (Cranberry Red, Tan Heated Leather, Moonroof, Monsoon Audio, 12 Disc CD Player, otherwise came with everything standard) This car is my absolute favorite out of the 4 Pontiac's I own (00' GP GT sedan, 01' GP GTP Special Edition Coupe, 04' Bonny GXP and 07' GP GT) It by far has the best steering/braking/suspension! The 4.6L Northstar V8 is super powerful but leaves me with a little more power being desired (Because of the fact that GM has the 2.0T and 3.6L which make about the same power). The exhaust sound is magnificent. I don't even know where to start about the looks of this car because it is super hot! Mine has 27K miles and is reliable.

GXP Review
By redgxp on 03/06/12 13:55 PM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2004 after seeing it at a local car show i fell in love with it .. as of today 3/6/2012 i only have 45k on it it has been a wonderful car ive done nothing to it just a onstar upgrade and new tires still on same brakes and oil changes at local dealer

Things you should know
By Vicky on 07/29/10 11:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned two Bonnevilles and 2001 and now and 04. My daughter owns an 04 also and my mom owns the 01. The cluster has stopped working on all three of them. My transmission fell out at 42,000 miles. I have had other problems as well. I paid a lot of money for my car and feel like I was cheated. Other than all of the problems, the car is beautiful and rides nice.

Love it
By Matt on 06/01/10 07:39 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research about this car before I decided to buy. Great ride and drive. Seats are as comfy as you will find. Great car all around, one of very few cars that is comfy on a long trip. Fuel Mileage is about 20.5 on a long trip with cruise at 75.

My 2nd Bonneville
By Phoenixstahr69 on 03/16/08 07:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after finally finding it at a dealership near me, i had owed a 1993 Bonneville as my first car, and my 3rd car happens to be my new 2004 Bonneville and i love it , it is such a wonderful car, it is comfortable, fun to drive and awesomely wonderful on gas!!

Good car but needs a recall for steering
By Jim on 03/03/08 08:54 AM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Car has plenty of power whenever needed. Gas mileage is consistantly at 28 MPG highway & 22 MPG city. Would recommend if steering problem fixed.

Long Live the Bonneville!
By sleddriver on 11/30/07 19:45 PM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for less than 2 months (42,000 miles at purchase) and have already put 5,000 miles on it. (I have a '95 LeSabre that has 173,000 miles on it, and it is still running well.) I purchased it for less than half its original invoice, and it was virtually brand new. I'm no engineer, but the 3800 Series II engine is the best GM auto engine around. This sled drives like a go kart! Road feel and steering reponsiveness is incredible compared to the Buick. (Reminds me of the old Tiger Paw commercials.) Pontiac is winning me over every time I drive the Bonneville. Should the G- 8 live up to expectations, I will be ordering one as the '12 models arrive in about 4 years.

If Only...
By John Wellauer on 08/14/07 20:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a nice car to drive over the past three years. It has decent pickup and great road manners. It is quiet and has a smooth, comfortable suspension setup without excessive body roll in turns. The dual zone HVAC is a dream, always ready to make you absolutely comfortable no matter the weather outside. If I were to have any complaints about this car it would be the ill advised Intermediate Shaft in the steering column carried over from the Olds Aurora. When your GXP becomes afflicted with this malady you are stuck suffering through moans, groans and a stiff feel in tight turns; and a notchy "hitting a rock" feel in normal driving turn situations. This car depreciates quickly.

Love my GXP
By balckgxp on 02/17/06 23:41 PM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great car. Lots of room, has lots of power. Really comfortable....no major problems. Northstar V8 is great.

1 2 3 4 5 next »