2003 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
Fun to drive, many repairs
By kirkhemphill78 on 08/04/14 09:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

60,000 miles, rear air shock bladder broke, $360. 65,000 miles, mass flow air sensor, $205. 70,000 miles, paint started peeling off hood and below gas cap, did not fix. 70,000 miles Service Engine Soon light, cracked vacuum line to gas tank, $105. 85,000 miles, upper manifold gasket and PVC valve, $895. 85,005 miles, throttle position sensor, $169. 90,000 miles, Service Engine Soon light, replaced gas cap, $105. 95,000 miles, replaced vacuum control valve, $169. 112,000 miles, replaced catalytic converter, $140. 125,000 miles, rebuilt transmission, $2,200. Not enough room to show all.

Great car!
By crames33 on 03/01/13 09:59 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2003 bonneville when it was 8 years old with 86,000 miles and it was in perfect condition! Besides routine things, I never had work done on it. It got great gas mileage on the highway and was a smooth comfortable ride. I recently totaled it when we got a snow storm but I walked away completely fine! It still drove and the engine sounded fine but a lot of body damage was done. I'm looking into getting another bonnelville. Great cars! Very roomy (especially the trunk) and looks sharp too. I would definitely recommend this car for anyone especially for a family car.

2003 Bonneville with 160,000 miles
By Sean on 09/29/09 14:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am 18 years old and this was my first car. I bought the car two years ago with 130,000 and it ran great. I still have the car and it's still going strong with 168,000 miles. The only thing i have had to do with it is scheduled maintenance (oil changes, balancing tires, etc). Fuel economy is great for a 6 cylinder. It has a very smooth ride, and i like the comfortable leather seats. It also rides quite well at 120 mph. One of the only things i do not like about this car is that it is quite heavy, and does not stop as quickly as many other cars I have driven.

Hate my Bonneville
By belyache on 06/17/09 12:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used, after 2 years I started noticing some transmission slippage from 1st to 2nd.. Then came the the transmission not engaging 1st. I had the transmission replaced, it worked fine for about 5 months. Now it is doing the exact same thing. It also has an annoying steering grind. I would not recommend this car. I have also heard others complaining of transmission problems with this car.

Love my bonni
By Wendell on 04/09/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new. Had intermediate steering shaft replaced uhder warranty. Clicking returned at 45,000 miles. My local mechanic put oil in hole at top of steering shaft and now is fine and charged me nothing its abouy a 5 min. Job. Had problem with Goodyear 17 in tires. All have been replaced 2 times under tire warranty. Car is fun to drive handling great. Would buy another one if they still made them. Replaced brake rotors and pads. My only expence to date in over 6 yrs of driving this car. Have had no problems with broken nobs or interior plastic. Car still looks new inside and out. Great looks handling and economy. Buy American. This is my 2nd bonni love them

My 2003 Bonne
By Larry Stevens on 05/16/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Overall I would rate this a good buy! It has performed better than expected. The only problem is something that just came up in the last 6 months which my dealer calls "knuckling," which is when you turn the wheel you experience a "grinding" sound. I am told that GM has no solution for this which is a great disappointment to me.

Great Pontiac Ride
By Mike T. on 04/30/08 07:39 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is a pure joy to own. In 150,000 miles there have been no repairs other than regular maintenance and crash repairs. The fuel economy is very good, better than some of my friends with much smaller cars. Just a note, this is just another in a long line of nearly flawless GM cars that I have owned. Bravo!!

Fun, Good Looking and Great Value
By Schoenerman on 08/27/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is vastly under rated from what I've read. The value therefore is very high due to the relatively low trade-in values. I purchased mine 2- years used with 17,000 miles on it for under $17K. It has never had a problem - currently at 76,000 miles. The 'Buick' 3800 V-6 is the best engine on the American market. All you have to do is change the oil regularly and this car will go and go. I love it.

Supercharged SSEi midnight blue
By Amber on 08/01/07 13:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Love it! I have always had a Bonneville or an Olds Aurora- love big sedans. This is my favorite of all time! My car is beautiful - love the look in and out and that supercharger is wow. Very comfortable ride

Brakes, Vibrations, and Steering Column
By Tom Wallace on 07/17/07 08:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is the biggest lemon we have ever purchased. From day one, it has had an extreme vibration that no one has been able to get rid off. The car has 44,000+ miles on it. After 2 new sets of Michelin tires, countless tire balances, alignments, badly warped rotors at 43,000 miles, sticking calipers, drivers seat that shifts when taking curves, and 2 fixes to the steering column, we still have bad vibration, brake problems, and a seat that shifts - to the tune of about $3000. Oh yes, also had water coming in from under the car as well as in the trunk. I hate this car! GM will not get another sale from me.

1 2 3 4 5 next »