Used 2003 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Best Ride I've Had
By Rodd

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Wish I could buy another car new just exactly like mine. 281,000 miles. Only major repair has been replacing intake and valve cover gaskets.... Knock on wood....Shooting for 350K with no major repairs...

Fun to drive, many repairs
By kirkhemphill78

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

60,000 miles, rear air shock bladder broke, $360. 65,000 miles, mass flow air sensor, $205. 70,000 miles, paint started peeling off hood and below gas cap, did not fix. 70,000 miles Service Engine Soon light, cracked vacuum line to gas tank, $105. 85,000 miles, upper manifold gasket and PVC valve, $895. 85,005 miles, throttle position sensor, $169. 90,000 miles, Service Engine Soon light, replaced gas cap, $105. 95,000 miles, replaced vacuum control valve, $169. 112,000 miles, replaced catalytic converter, $140. 125,000 miles, rebuilt transmission, $2,200. Not enough room to show all.

Heads up display, Monsoon System, easy to work on, and handling.

This car should be designed with transmission mounts specifically for a supercharged version of the car. The transmission had too low of pressure for the first gear clutch from the factory is what the transmission shop said. The electrical system is a nightmare. The black paint did not stick properly. The 1993 Buick LeSabre and Park Avenue Ultra I have are better cars than this one.

Great car!
By crames33

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2003 bonneville when it was 8 years old with 86,000 miles and it was in perfect condition! Besides routine things, I never had work done on it. It got great gas mileage on the highway and was a smooth comfortable ride. I recently totaled it when we got a snow storm but I walked away completely fine! It still drove and the engine sounded fine but a lot of body damage was done. I'm looking into getting another bonnelville. Great cars! Very roomy (especially the trunk) and looks sharp too. I would definitely recommend this car for anyone especially for a family car.

2003 Bonneville with 160,000 miles
By Sean

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am 18 years old and this was my first car. I bought the car two years ago with 130,000 and it ran great. I still have the car and it's still going strong with 168,000 miles. The only thing i have had to do with it is scheduled maintenance (oil changes, balancing tires, etc). Fuel economy is great for a 6 cylinder. It has a very smooth ride, and i like the comfortable leather seats. It also rides quite well at 120 mph. One of the only things i do not like about this car is that it is quite heavy, and does not stop as quickly as many other cars I have driven.

The transmission will shift awkwardly once in a while, but if your not driving you don't notice. Also if you do maintenance yourself 3 of the spark plugs are hard to replace. The air filter is also annoying to get to. At one point I was burning oil, but i replaced the pcv valve and it stopped.

Hate my Bonneville
By belyache

2003 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used, after 2 years I started noticing some transmission slippage from 1st to 2nd.. Then came the the transmission not engaging 1st. I had the transmission replaced, it worked fine for about 5 months. Now it is doing the exact same thing. It also has an annoying steering grind. I would not recommend this car. I have also heard others complaining of transmission problems with this car.

• SUV