Used 2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Bountiful Bonnie!
By Kim & Rob

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought Bonnie with 70k miles from my dad who properly maintained the vehicle from day one. She now has 175k miles and going strong! Bonnie will be with us for many more years to come. Burns a bit of oil. However, still a very dependable 3800 engine.

Can't Ask For More
By jyanis

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this Gem almost 3 years ago at 140K+ miles. I was hesitant because of the very high mileage but I was told it took routing trips that stretched several states by the owner. He also had done a lot of work to get it ready for it's next owner. Well, I am at 196K+ and I have only changed the oil. Very reliable and still strong even though it is a senior citizen mileage wise. I drive it hard and still get 22 MPG on EVERY tank. That is an accomplishment because I burn gasoline...lol! She is very comfortable and roomy...I am 6'1" and 270lbs. Not confined at all. Another BIG plus! If you can find one in good condition, you will be pleased. The push-rod motor will run forever!!

Strong V6 with good MPG, comfortable leather interior, great A/C, LEG ROOM, and VERY reliable!!!

Needs AUX input on radio...behind the times for a 2002, but even worse...if you change the radio you need extra parts as it has that silly security wiring GM used. NOT GOOD Leg room in the back seat is not very spacious.

Very Quirky
By oldwiz09

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm experiencing the same problems as many of these reviewers. I've had 3 window regulators go bad and replaced them myself, which wasn't bad once I figured out how to remove the door panels. Interior lights frequently blow the fuse. Just replaced heater blower motor and resistor. Intermediate steering shaft bumps but tech bulletins say this poses no real problems. IP lights are slowly fading out. I have enjoyed owning this car overall but all these quirks make me want to never own another GM product.

Styling and comfort.

GOOD CAR
By cyclone10

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Bonneville new in 2002. It is the best car I have ever owned. I have owned new Dodges and Fords. I have been a Ford fan for most of my life.am a Ford person, but this has been the best car by far I have ever owned. Still own it.

Great gas milage.

Should still be making Pontiac.cs

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr 3.8L 6cyl
By Leon

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new 9/2001. bad move. poorly built, just a bad car. Fun to drive when it's running. With Goodyear Assurance tires (soft ride), rides like a Cadillac. nice mileage for a big car, decent handling, fairly peppy. But - replaced lower intake manifold gasket twice ($700+ job), 1st time at 35,000 miles, 2nd at 95,000 miles. All 4 electric window units replaced, bad leaking problem, rain leaked into / under 3 of the doors and pooled on the carpeting. 8 trips to dealer. Moon roof was only used 15 times, then the linkage cracked and fell apart. $1200 to fix - I opted to seal it shut with gasket compound. Window washer motor replaced. A lot of rattles. My wife refuses to drive it.

The ride is very comfortable, a lot of interior room, you don't feel cramped, the windshield isn't in your face, the mileage is very good for a full sized car. Overall 19-20 mpg and I work in the city. If I keep it at 65 mph I'll get 27-28 mpg highway. decent handling, comfortable seats.

We had a 1997 Bonneville and it was a great car. No problems. This 2002 Bonneville - ridiculously bad. I see why Pontiac no longer exists. Also, trying to fit it with an aftermarket stereo/i-pod ready/radio is nearly impossible. GM should have thought this through. Use my stimulus money wisely.

• SUV