Used 2002 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

2002 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Bountiful Bonnie!
By Kim & Rob

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought Bonnie with 70k miles from my dad who properly maintained the vehicle from day one. She now has 175k miles and going strong! Bonnie will be with us for many more years to come.
Burns a bit of oil. However, still a very dependable 3800 engine. We love the Bonneville so much, we decided to buy another. A 2003 SLE. We named her Sally. Another great car!

Can't Ask For More
By jyanis

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this Gem almost 3 years ago at 140K+ miles. I was hesitant because of the very high mileage but I was told it took routing trips that stretched several states by the owner. He also had done a lot of work to get it ready for it's next owner.

Well, I am at 196K+ and I have only changed the oil. Very reliable and still strong even though it is a senior citizen mileage wise.

I drive it hard and still get 22 MPG on EVERY tank. That is an accomplishment because I burn gasoline...lol!

She is very comfortable and roomy...I am 6'1" and 270lbs. Not confined at all. Another BIG plus!

If you can find one in good condition, you will be pleased. The push-rod motor will run forever!!

Strong V6 with good MPG, comfortable leather interior, great A/C, LEG ROOM, and VERY reliable!!!

Needs AUX input on radio...behind the times for a 2002, but even worse...if you change the radio you need extra parts as it has that silly security wiring GM used. NOT GOOD Leg room in the back seat is not very spacious.

Very Quirky
By oldwiz09

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm experiencing the same problems as many of these reviewers. I've had 3 window regulators go bad and replaced them myself, which wasn't bad once I figured out how to remove the door panels. Interior lights frequently blow the fuse. Just replaced heater blower motor and resistor. Intermediate steering shaft bumps but tech bulletins say this poses no real problems. IP lights are slowly fading out. I have enjoyed owning this car overall but all these quirks make me want to never own another GM product.

Styling and comfort.

bad situation
By streetside56

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

we have a 2002 bonneville sle its the best car my dad has owned but recently we have had some major problems. first off it started shifting hard we thought nothing of it until it started jerking when you accelerate. a little after that it started dying at street lights in the middle of traffic.we have replaced the coil packs and everything any help would be greatly appreciated.

rally gauges electric seats,windows, cruise control,and especially the look of both the exterior and interior, very comfy

GOOD CAR
By cyclone10

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Bonneville new in 2002. It is the best car I have ever owned. I have owned new Dodges and Fords. I have been a Ford fan for most of my life.am a Ford person, but this has been the best car by far I have ever owned. Still own it.

Great gas milage.