Used 2002 Pontiac Bonneville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

2002 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Most Helpful|
2002 Bonneville SE
By Bennett

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We would not recommend this car to anyone. We have problems with the sunroof leaking, the windshield leaks, the control for the heated seats doesn't work. We had it replaced twice. The steering wheel has a hang in it when turning left. The antifreeze that is recommended for this car clogs us the radiator, and there is a gasket that leaks water into the motor.

DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE
By nell

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

this car is junk.it has leaked on the passenger side since i bought it.i have taken to dealer 5 times.still not fixed.they are driving me crazy!!!! the floor board is full of water everyday.the car smells like something has died in it.try eating in it! i have called GM for help they told me to roll the window down before closing the door.pay this much for a car and do this until another appt.@ body shop!!!

Suggested Improvements

STOP THE LEAKS!OFFER CUSTOMERS ACTUAL ANSWERS WHEN THEY CALL!CHANGE ENTIRE DESIGN!

Disappointed and Frustrated
By Disappointed in GA

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car from the start. It was fun to drive. But, after owning this vehicle for less than 1 year, I got a vibration in the front end that was so made it would make your butt numb. Literally. I have had it in the dealership at least 15 times and have replaced the tires. No help. I also have an issue with losing power. Completely and without warning. The dealership cannot find a problem. It just won't start for a day or two. And then it does. I too have had issues with the steering column and Idler Arms needing to be replaced. I agree, owning this vehicle will cause you to know your Service Advisor much too well. Very disappointing and very frustrating.

Favorite Features

I love the interior. The seats are very comfortable and the dash fits around the driver.

Suggested Improvements

Do something with the front end. The wear on the tires and the discomfort on long trips from the vibration is rediculous. Also, improve the turning radius. This car is not the easiest to park.

Uncomfortable ride for a luxury car
By Scott-ssei

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The car ran well for the first year. After that a power window broke, numerous rattles began, the rack and pinion failed (replaced twice), the transmission shifting became inconsistant, rough idle, and worst of all, a harsh vibration started to occur at speedsover 55 mph. Freeway driving is VERY uncofortale. The worst part is that the dealer failed or even tried to repair the problems. Even though they acknowledge the problems when I test drive the car with them, the car is returned to me with "problem not found". This is my last Pontiac. Don't buy this car.

Favorite Features

HUD

Suggested Improvements

Dealers should hire Mechanics, not Technicians.

Let Pontiac deal with this crap
By miket

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in October 2003 with 19,000 miles on it. It now has 64,000, and I've had nothing but problems. The reason for buying the car was that I wanted a large vehicle that didn't look like an "Old man's" car, and the fact that my uncle owned two Bonneville's previously with little or no mechanical problems. Much to my dissapointment, this car has failed me miserably. The first year wasn't too bad, because it was still under warranty. I've always had a steering problem, with a slight knocking sound and "bump" felt when turning. This has graduated to a whining noise. Replaced the trans 3 months ago. I could go on, but to hell with GM - tried Ford; looks like foreign now!

Favorite Features

Styling is about it. Everything mechanical hasn't been good.

Suggested Improvements

GM and the rest of the big three - Build a quality, affordable vehicle! I have always owned American cars and try to support our country with my purchases, but I can't afford to fix the crap you're building anymore!