Used 2001 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

Ten times around the globe
By rdthore

2001 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have over 220,000 miles on this car and only minor wear and tear repairs to this point. I bought this used with 18,000 miles in 2003 and have driven it in the harshest of ND and MN winters. There isn't a spot of rust anywhere on it. I've since handed it down to my daughter and have no qualms about her taking it to college. It's big, it's safe and with over 200k miles, it still gets almost 30 mpg at 75 mph and 20 in town.

The 3.8L V6 is one of the best engines ever built, by any car company.

Cup holders are crowded together.

Bonneville's are the BEST
By mightymouse75

2001 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Bonneville. I love them. The SLE model with leather and heated seats and moonroof and remote start and the list goes on. I have owned it since 149,000 miles and now have 190,000 4 years later. GREAT car. Now I finally need valve cover gaskets. Not too shabby. I would buy another in a heartbeat. If you are considering one just do carfax and see what problems "it" has had. If it looks clean, then buy it , you wont regret it!!!!!!!!!!

Moon roof, heated seats, powerful v6, reliable, fun to drive. I miss Pontiac all ready:(

Bring back the Pontiac brand!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

WORST CAR EVER !!!!!
By cantonjh

2001 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

From the day I got this car I had NOTHING but problems !!!! first the rack & pinion ( right passenger side ) goes out then back window regulator goes out then countless converter replacements then 2 coils replacements then A/C goes out then countless sensors replaced then front wheel bearings replaced and both tire rods replaced then front passenger window regulator goes out then water pump and raidtor repleaced had to replace the tension pully then valve cover gastets replaced and now my head gasgets are leaking my car has been in the repair shops more then on the road NEVER again will I buy crap like this SHAME on GM !!!!!

none

recall every last car and redo it over again and stop puting in cheap platic parts

Worst Car I've ever owned!!
By allierockette

2001 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SLE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with low miles. LOVED the power and pep of the engine. but in a little over 30 days both back window motors broke at the same time. Then my gas and oil gauges quit working, the gas compartment hinge got stuck all the time, constantly replaced head/taillights, trunk leaked, transmission started shifting hard, had problems with front end alignment alot so new tires were needed more often than they shouldve been, front cv joint/axle replaced twice, and bc the gas gauge didnt work it constantly made the "warning" ringing sound. Was embarrased to be seen driving this. . .worst piece of crap ever!

fast engine

my pontiac
By My pontiac

2001 Pontiac Bonneville Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2001 Pontiac Bonneville because I wanted a sporty family sedan I had a Mitsubishi diamante and let me tell you I've read some these reviews with problems with the Bonneville well go own a Mitsubishi. those cars were problems from the beginning my Bonneville currently has 140,000 miles on it I had to replace the catalytic converter other then that the cars dependable for me only thing it lacks is speed it seems slow but it is a big car I didn't think I'd ever own an American car I'm more of a foreign car owner but I thought I'd give it a shoot and haven't regretted it yet I wouldn't buy another American car again but I will keep this Bonneville running for as long as possible

sporty look, comfort