Used 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

2001 Pontiac Bonneville

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:

European Road Trip 2010
By Circo

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

What's all this about Bonni's with 35 K ? 75 K ?? 125 K? Mine has nearly 300 K on the clock and is still going strong - and as for those who don't think it's comfortable - get a sofa ! I've driven mine the whole way across the EU, have had it in Hungary for a few months and am about to roll it back to the UK this week in a 18 hr straight drive!

Favorite Features

Comfort and passer-power

Suggested Improvements

It can carry next to nothing for such a large car - sort those boot hinges out dudes and build an estate, and the squeaks in the dash, and the head rests, and the output - I mean, only 240bhp from a 3.8 S/C ??? That's pathetic! and the front end body roll, and the water vapor in the lights.

Wouldn't trade for the world
By Brandyrn

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love this car! Problems, a few but overall meets all my expectations and have no reason to trade for a newer model. I get 28 miles on the highway and 14 in the city. I have all the options where most cars today have a few. Power seats,10 disk changer,heated seats,heads up display,cd/tape player, onstar, you get the idea. Chrome wheels were pretty but crap. Front lighter a waste but the car still looks new and rides great. Easily would buy another.

2001 Bonney Super Charged
By Garv0516

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This particular car is my third Bonneville!! I have been extremely happy with my ssei!! I have had so many compliments on this vehicle that i cannot remember them all! I have had a few second looks as well. I'm very sad that the prodution of the Bonneville has ended. My goal now is to own the last Bonneville produced in 2005...the GXP!! I have had very few problams with my particular model...except for the fact my heated seats have both stopped working at exactly the same time, so if anyone else has had this problem, please let me know what the problem might be (example..a fuse or whatnot). I have owned the 1989 Bonneville, as well as 1999 Bonneville, and now the 2001 Bonneville! I'm happy!!

Favorite Features

Leather bucket seats..they curve right around your body. My super charged engine..when i punch it down the car takes off like a rocket!!

Suggested Improvements

The battery is hard to locate and if you need a charge then it's difficult to attach the jumper cables.

Great Car
By Travis

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I got this car at 72,000 miles in 05' and I've only had to replace the water- pump. I got 132,000 miles on it and no transmission problems yet. I just wish the rain wouldn't get in the lid of the trunk and the headrests made sense.

Favorite Features

SUPERCHARGED 3.8L...i've done 125mph in it so far...i wonder if it'll do the whole 140???

Suggested Improvements

Head rests, bigger cup holders, cd changer inside the car not in trunk. I live in the south and it skips when it's 90 degrees outside.

Choose Wisley
By Iffy

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is a good but not great car. I bought it used a year ago and have had some problems. 2 of the windows went down, alternator left me stuck on the side of the road 100 miles from home and now the right front speed sensor is bad. Convert is plugged also. The car has good power and is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The supercharger

Suggested Improvements

The realiability of the vehicle. Make the parts last.