2001 Pontiac Bonneville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bonneville model:
European Road Trip 2010
By Circo on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

What's all this about Bonni's with 35 K ? 75 K ?? 125 K? Mine has nearly 300 K on the clock and is still going strong - and as for those who don't think it's comfortable - get a sofa ! I've driven mine the whole way across the EU, have had it in Hungary for a few months and am about to roll it back to the UK this week in a 18 hr straight drive!

Wouldn't trade for the world
By Brandyrn on 08/05/10 13:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love this car! Problems, a few but overall meets all my expectations and have no reason to trade for a newer model. I get 28 miles on the highway and 14 in the city. I have all the options where most cars today have a few. Power seats,10 disk changer,heated seats,heads up display,cd/tape player, onstar, you get the idea. Chrome wheels were pretty but crap. Front lighter a waste but the car still looks new and rides great. Easily would buy another.

2001 Bonney Super Charged
By Garv0516 on 01/01/10 16:07 PM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This particular car is my third Bonneville!! I have been extremely happy with my ssei!! I have had so many compliments on this vehicle that i cannot remember them all! I have had a few second looks as well. I'm very sad that the prodution of the Bonneville has ended. My goal now is to own the last Bonneville produced in 2005...the GXP!! I have had very few problams with my particular model...except for the fact my heated seats have both stopped working at exactly the same time, so if anyone else has had this problem, please let me know what the problem might be (example..a fuse or whatnot). I have owned the 1989 Bonneville, as well as 1999 Bonneville, and now the 2001 Bonneville! I'm happy!!

Great Car
By Travis on 04/13/08 15:47 PM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I got this car at 72,000 miles in 05' and I've only had to replace the water- pump. I got 132,000 miles on it and no transmission problems yet. I just wish the rain wouldn't get in the lid of the trunk and the headrests made sense.

Choose Wisley
By Iffy on 01/19/08 07:54 AM (PST)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is a good but not great car. I bought it used a year ago and have had some problems. 2 of the windows went down, alternator left me stuck on the side of the road 100 miles from home and now the right front speed sensor is bad. Convert is plugged also. The car has good power and is fun to drive.

Wouldn't trade it for anything!
By FREX10 on 03/21/07 10:37 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

You haven't driven until you've driven this car. The power and response are thrilling. The safety features are comforting. I took a TBone hit square in the driver side front door (i was crawling and she was traveling at 40 mph- and she never hit the brakes!) and my 10 yr old was in the front passenger seat- neither my son nor I were hurt at all, the car's frame was not bent, the glass did not break - it was amazing. the traction control feature is amazing as well. if you hit the brakes in light rainy conditions and your wheels fail to grip properly, the car takes over and bumps the vehicle to a stop (no idea exactly how, but it has saved us a couple times!). Pontiac should resurrect production!

Nice Car, But Poor Comfort
By James on 10/05/06 08:27 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this car used a couple of months ago and although I like the styling, the seat comfort is horrendous. Do yourself a favor and only buy 2003 and newer as the seats were redesigned and are far superior. Ride quality is good and fuel economy is 26 MPG with mostly highway. Overall, I'm happy with the car, but am buying new seats.

Suoercharged fun
By Mark on 06/02/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Pontiac is the spirited style division of GM and this car shows it! If you don't love it you hate it. I love the style the SSEi brings to the table as well as it's spirited performance. The red glow of the cluster is on par with my BMW 540i and the interior offers more room for the family. MPG is over 27 when going 75ish on the interstate, but fall of fast when dipping in to the supercharger around town. All in all I wouldn't give up my BMW for it, but when I figured in the bang for the buck factor, I bought and love it. Another great alternative is the Buick Park Ave ULTRA. Same power train, but more laid back in design.

Bonneville not reliable
By rnckr on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is a fun car that constantly breaks down. I am done with GM.

Bonneville Reliability
By astribling11 on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Bad experience. Bought car new. Had electrical problems for 2 months after I bought the car. I had transmission problems at 42,000 miles. Pontiac dealership fixed the problem. Then, at 45,000 miles the entire transmission had to be rebuilt. Also, electric window motor on passanger side front has gone out. Car reliablity is very poor!